Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    i personally would like to change the appearance of my character. And yes, maybe even the race and gender. After looking at the same model for 5+ years, a change would nice. Not all of us have the time and energy to finish missions again, level crafting again just to get a different appearance. I can understand not allowing gender due to preexisting marriages (like I am). Still, it's not a bad idea and I would like it.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KanaaLuv View Post
    They asked if it would be possible to change the wyvern color and SE basically said no because of new color schemes textures etc. However to face change that stuff is already in the game. I know cosmetic changes aren't that important battle wise, however it's just something that gives a little more customization to the game.
    New wyverns wouldn't be a problem, but with SE creeping closer and closer to PS2 limitations, they probably want to use that room(HD/memory) to add a new enemy type, rather then a cosmetic change. A couple of different colors (8, to match the elements) would be nice, even if you'd be lucky to see two DRGs in a single zone, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Laume View Post
    i personally would like to change the appearance of my character. And yes, maybe even the race and gender. After looking at the same model for 5+ years, a change would nice. Not all of us have the time and energy to finish missions again, level crafting again just to get a different appearance. I can understand not allowing gender due to preexisting marriages (like I am). Still, it's not a bad idea and I would like it.
    Not just marriages, also open and completed quests, worn and obtained gear. So all that has to be dealt with one way or another. And then there's the time spent on implementing it that could have been used on more productive changes.
    Ultimately, it would be functionality that sees almost no use, and when it does gets used it's for stat minmaxing or merely cosmetic changes.

Or to put it differently, if you could choose where the devs would focus on, new weaponskills/abilities/gear or race/gender/face change, what would you choose? And what would the other 400k players choose?
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°2

I personally don't have any grudges over my player character model, but I would like to be able to change that of the Adventuring Fellow. It shouldn't be a big deal at all.

I would not be against this for the player characters either, though, but I think it is not very likely for them to do something like it, since it might not 'feel right' from a developer's perspective.
    If they wanted to, they could add a real-money fee to it... and profit, found it!

Some companies already do this actually, so it's nothing new.

As I usually mention in this sort of conversations: It could be a new 'Brygid the Stylist' quest if it were to be implemented (such as hair changes), but it could just be a simple option you select or 'buy' via the SqEX Account Management site.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 09-16-2011 at 03:49 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks this idea is good. However weaponskills gear blah blah is important but come on how hard is it to add a moogle/npc for face change vs new additions to the game.
    (0)

Character
    Skyver
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I 100% support this. I don't care about changing race but I'd love to be able to change my hair, add facial hair, change my character's size, etc. Sick of looking like a Japanese teenager.
    (2)

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
    I 100% support this. I don't care about changing race but I'd love to be able to change my hair, add facial hair, change my character's size, etc. Sick of looking like a Japanese teenager.
    Lol, hopefully the dev's will see this and reply to us.
    (0)

I'd be happy if I could change to the other hair color my hairstyle is available in.
    (0)

Character
    Syrs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think it would be interesting if we could make little changes such as having a two-tone hair colour, or like a change of eye colour or something. not so drastic that it would be impossible for the dev team to do, but something that makes us a little more unique... there are like 9000 mithra 6a\b faces, come on now

also, I think that it would be super cute if mithra had whiskers :3
    (1)

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by whmsyrup View Post
    I think it would be interesting if we could make little changes such as having a two-tone hair colour, or like a change of eye colour or something. not so drastic that it would be impossible for the dev team to do, but something that makes us a little more unique... there are like 9000 mithra 6a\b faces, come on now

also, I think that it would be super cute if mithra had whiskers :3
    This is one of the reason's I want to change, when I first started the game I didn't know my face so common lol. Not that any of them I pick I would be the only 1, but I prefer to be a less common face now a days.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i would love to see that you could change your hair color and style. When I started the game i went with a hair style that, after years of looking at it i sooooo regret the choice. Had i known i would be playing this long and be here to stay for the long haul i would have choosen differently, lol.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast