Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Grounds of valor fixed the problems, go do that. Biggest problem right now is most peopel still don't know they exist.
    This. So much this. I took PUP from 22-30 in about 2 hours doing Gusgen GoV Skeletons and people kept showing up some lvl 14 or so, we'd level sync to a lvl 16-18 with a full party the exp was fast.
    (6)

Character
    Gallus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FANCY60 View Post
    I decided to lvl sch the other day cause my ls members were upset as i have no mage jobs at high levels and all DDs @90. Anyway it was rough the first few levels (1-30)took forever its a ghost town out there for low levels.Your listening to someone who last levelled in the dunes July 2005 so yea it was sad to see fun places like that empty and i was seeking for days before I even got a party @level 10 as I wanted to do it the old fashion way and learn the job as well as have an understanding of it rather than burn it to 90 and have to spend the next 6months skill it up and buying scrolls for it to be any good but i digress. Anyway i believe that abyssea was and still is a great idea but to a point, people abuse it too much and it should stop. Id say a capping its starting point @70 or even 75 would really help the lower level citizens or even people new to the game improve their skills. I'm tired of kids with multiple lvl 90 jobs having no clue how to use them effectively properly cause it was burnt in a FC abyssea party from 35-90 any thoughts
    boo hoo. cry more. itt: op hasn't tried gusgen gov.
    (4)

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    This. So much this. I took PUP from 22-30 in about 2 hours doing Gusgen GoV Skeletons and people kept showing up some lvl 14 or so, we'd level sync to a lvl 16-18 with a full party the exp was fast.
    After the GoV party of amazing exp, shortly after, you spend 10 hours skilling everything up to what it should be.

In the old days, you spend hours grinding away to obtain a level or two, learning your jobs, meeting new people and never having an issue with finding people to help do missions/quests.

In the new era, you spend hours to obtain 10-20 levels, but spend even greater time skilling the things you neglected, never learning your job and will always be bad at it, and complain no one will help you do WoTG, ASA, etc. because you made no friends.
    (4)
    Last edited by Rafien; 09-09-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Because I suck at grammar and spelling.

Sandy. Started in 2004 and miss the OLD WAYS of playing.
    Character
    Chubrocka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I know we have gone rounds and rounds over this, but I agree with OP. Im tired of this game turning into WoW. If you started off playing the game prior lets say 2006 you fell in love with it. Players who started last year or even 2 years ago dont play it for tha same reason we do. I have no clue how to fix it for everyone but level capping abby is a start.
    (6)
    Going strong since 2004
    PUP the red headed bastard stepchild of SE
    FORUM MAKERS NEED TO GIVE US OUR MUCH NEEDED "PM" ABILITY

Player
    Why won't this thread go away?
    (7)

Character
    Morier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    First it was if you were power leveled, you were gimp. Then smn burns = gimp then level sync = gimp now abyssea burn = gimp. Get over it, abyssea did not make gimps. Before abyssea even existed at 75 cap there were tons of people that did not know how to play their jobs.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    This again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Why won't this thread go away?
    Abyssea Level Cap Thread: Collector's Edition
    (11)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafien View Post
    After the GoV party of amazing exp, shortly after, you spend 10 hours skilling everything up to what it should be.

In the old days, you spend hours grinding away to obtain a level or two, learning your jobs, meeting new people and never having an issue with finding people to help do missions/quests.

In the new era, you spend hours to obtain 10-20 levels, but spend even greater time skilling the things you neglected, never learning your job and will always be bad at it, and complain no one will help you do WoTG, ASA, etc. because you made no friends.
    On PUP I'll agree but every other job has taken me much less time to skill up than 10-20 hours. Knowing where to skill up for ranges is key to speeding it up. Also unless you completely refuse to do any research almost every job can be learned by checking wikis/forums for gear ability/spell info. Perfecting the job is the only thing that takes practice.
    (2)

Player
    Not that this discussion hasn't been done at least three times, but I agree with the OP.
    (5)

Please direct your concerns to the gentleman pictured below.
    (4)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast