Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

The test server is more fun than the real game.

I didn't even plan on signing up for the test server. I knew it was going to distract me from trying to make progress on my real charaters. But I thought if I ever wanted to use it in the future, I better sign up now. And what do I see when I first log in? Instant 95 on whatever job I want. Instant access to every spell. Instant access to a plethra of items I will never have in the real game including AF2, AF3+2, crazy weapons, and sky/sea items. Instant access to consumable items. Instant skill caps. Though of all of these things you've let one horible thing slip. This is how you intend people to play the game. That wouldn't be so bad if all the things I just mentioned weren't impossible to obtain.

Leveling is a lot better than it used to be, once you get a job in the 70ish range. But getting to that point? Impossible w/o paying someone for a FC PT or spending weeks trying to grind to that point. Even then, trying to get to 30 is a time consuming endeavor. Of all the things I plan on mentioning, this is the esiest, but it's still too time consuming and distracts from making actual progress in the game. Especially, for example, when BLMs are required to take up BRD just to proc.

Utsumei Ni is still over 1mil. That is the most agregious example but there are still plenty of ones like Raise 3, Phalanx, and High tier / procing BLM spells. Where are we supposed to get the gil for all of this?

The items are what hurt me the most. There is no way to get any of them unless you con a LS in to getting them for you. There are jobs like PLD, SMN and RDM that require these items to even be playable. No LS or person is going to help you get anything they want for themselves. Then there are consumable items that are so expensive I can't even level NIN or RNG for a main and I haven't even touched PUP just because I can't afford the expense to even try it.

IDK anyone with max parrying or max guard skill, let alone both. I also have trouble believeing anyone has taken a wep not native to their main job past 200. I tried for days to get past 200 with staff, club, dagger, polearm and greatsword with my PLD. The mobs are either too weak and will give no skill ups or too tough and won't give skill ups. I have sience given up.

I know you can't make the real game as easy as the test server but there has to be some kind of happy medium. Most of this could be fixed by making it easier for people who need a PT to find each other or giving multiple drops for PTs that all want the same thing. I had an idea for this that went ignored.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Bulliten-Board

But ultimatly access to all these things are up to you. IDC how you do it, but if these are all the things one needs to play the game as you intend, then you need to make them easier to get. Even though I've been playing seince 2004 and have multinple 90s, (sarcasim)I'm just an english speaking n00b(/sarcasim) and my ideas are not welcome.

(3)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Of course it's fun to be a cheatin b****rd ... at first. then you remember how much fun it was when something was a little less easy.
    (4)

Playing an MMO or RPG is about lots of work to accomplsh things, that's the whole point. For players that have yet to accomplish much in the real game it's like being let run loose in a candy store, for normal players it's nothing special.

I wouldn't worry too much about the test server, they will probably close it after the update goes live.
    (8)

Everyone on the test server proves that people do not instantly quit the day they have everything. Assuming the game had anything fun to do to begin with.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

man the day i pay some1 to let me be a leech in xp pt is the day you should really quit the game. also gil is very easy to come by you sell w/e drops you get from outside and inside abyssea. also try and get into a linkshell where you can make some friends and start doing abyssea. oh and if some1 doesn't invite you because you did not sub brd tell them to suck it.
    (2)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Playing an MMO or RPG is about lots of work to accomplsh things, that's the whole point. For players that have yet to accomplish much in the real game it's like being let run loose in a candy store, for normal players it's nothing special.
    Like I said, there needs to be some kind of happy medium. If the stuff they give out in the test server is "normal" then how come %90 of the game does not have what they give out for their main job?
    (2)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tinydog View Post
    man the day i pay some1 to let me be a leech in xp pt is the day you should really quit the game. also gil is very easy to come by you sell w/e drops you get from outside and inside abyssea. also try and get into a linkshell where you can make some friends and start doing abyssea. oh and if some1 doesn't invite you because you did not sub brd tell them to suck it.
    I have yet to pay for a PT, that is why I have an elvan that is severly under developed and why my mithra isn't going to have access to nin even though she can't afford the nin tools. As far as linkshell, well, let's just say that hasn't worked out either. Everyone wants me to come to their stuff but no one wants to help me with mine. Gil is not easy to obtain. Any items worth selling can not be obtained solo w/o all the really cool gear you need to scam people to get.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Make one friend. Just one. You can duo well-over half of FFXI at the moment. It's not always Super Effective like tossing a rock at Pikachu's electrified head, but you can do it.

Join every Abyssea party that exists. Even after your merits are capped. Sell the stuff you can buy with cruor. Sell the weapons you can buy with whatever Dominion points are called.

I have no idea why this game is so difficult and unpleasant for you and I doubt I ever will.
    (17)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I can't believe the OP is complaining about this game being too hard.

You say you've been playing since 2004? Did you do CoP before it got nerfed the first time, or after? Or did you do CoP after the level cap was removed? Did you spend hours grinding exp for a couple of levels in a party where noone could be more than 2 levels apart? And where the party disbanded when the tank had to leave? Did you ever sit with flag up for hours on end on a not-so-popular job such a drk or drg, days in a row? Were you ever in a big Dynamis ls with unfair lotting rules or where everybody had 76868768 more points than you?

I also have trouble believeing anyone has taken a wep not native to their main job past 200. I tried for days to get past 200 with staff, club, dagger, polearm and greatsword with my PLD.
    Hi. I took staff from 87 to 230+, club from 67 to 230+, GS from 100ish to 250+ and scythe from 140ish to 240+ all as war and all outside abyssea. All because I wanted to do the wsnms for that blue proc weaponskill. I also went and broke the latent on all those trial weapons solo - again outside abyssea.

Do BCNM for Utsusemi: Ni. Try farming those spells you can't afford. Or alternatively, farm something else that will make you able to afford those scrolls. Npc cruor gear, dominion notes weapons, stuff from gold boxes with crap augments that noone wants.

Join or make book burn parties on low lvl jobs if you can't get a leech spot for free.

Those are just a few things that comes to mind.

But yeah, almost everybody is screaming "FFXI is too easy now" and you say the opposite. Go figure.
    (32)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Did you do CoP before it got nerfed the first time, or after? Or did you do CoP after the level cap was removed? Did you spend hours grinding exp for a couple of levels in a party where noone could be more than 2 levels apart? And where the party disbanded when the tank had to leave? Did you ever sit with flag up for hours on end on a not-so-popular job such a drk or drg, days in a row? Were you ever in a big Dynamis ls with unfair lotting rules or where everybody had 76868768 more points than you? Try farming those spells you can't afford. Or alternatively, farm something else that will make you able to afford those scrolls. Join or make book burn parties on low lvl jobs if you can't get a leech spot for free. almost everybody is screaming "FFXI is too easy now" and you say the opposite.
    I've done all of this. CoP I did up to mission 6 pre nerf with my hume and taru. They're both on 8-5 now. Mithra has up to mission 2 done before the first capped nerf way back when. The fact is the stuff you need PT for requires willing participants who are able to do their job. When I'm in a pt, I never find enough people who are both. And when you factor in willing to let me have the items I need, the amount of qualifying players decreases even further. For the record, the only people who are saying it's too easy are mentally ill elitist scum who don't have the capacity for sympathy and want everyone to suffer as they did. I'm trying to make the world a better place. Welcome to the ignore list.
    (5)
    The Original Blue Mage

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast