Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Daito
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

Largest earthquake on record hits Japan

At 1530, 11March2011, Japanese local time, an 8.9 earthquake was recorded off of the east coast of northern Japan in the Sendai area, apporximately 150 kilometers offshore. Secondary affects place earthquake readings on the islands of Japan at 8.4 to 8.6. Aftershocks were reported to be as high as 7.4. Tsunami warnings have been in affect that waves as high as 6meters will inundate the islands.
    It is with great regret that there will be repercussions to this event. Many of you are already aware of this, being that you are present at this time in that location, and heartfelt condolences reachout to you who are now probably in distress. It is hoped that you are safe and that your families and friends are also.
    Many of us were there when disasters hit us close to home, as in the case of the earthquake and tsunami that devestated much of the Indian Ocean countries such as Indonesia, and Thailand, and when Hurricane Katrina hit the southcoast of the United States. This said, many of us understand and sympathize and are distressed at this. We do feel and share your pain It is hoped that the employees of Square-Enix are safe and that they are able to contact and reach their families, friends, and loved ones at this time.
    (0)

There were slight tremors and a little bit of flooding on the coast of hokkaido, but most of the damage was much further south. Up here we're all pretty safe.
    (0)

Character
    Daito
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Very much relieved that you are okay Noodles^^ That being said, this brings up a distrubing and interesting point: With much of the game about to be updated and much of the servers and data stored in Japan, how much of an impact is all of this going to affect the game?
    (0)

I'm not sure. I suspect they will be ok. From what's being shown on japanese TV, the damage is nothing compared to the two recent Christchurch earthquakes in New Zealand
    (0)

I hope everything's ok. Last I heard, Japan was about ready to sink into the ocean, and that all of the tarutaru and moogles were being used as life preservers.

Most importantly, is the world of Final Fantasy XI all right? D:
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Safe wishes to all the players in Japan!
    (0)

I was in a Dom op party earlier when it happened. We disbanded when they happened as myself and about half the alliance logged off to check the news lol.
    (0)

Player
    It's a bit eerie seeing so little online right now. I hope they will be okay. <
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Character
    Daito
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    News of the earthquake in Japan on CNN shows that there is much devestation in the city of Sendai,with massive oil refinery and natural gas installation fires in Chiba and other locations up and down the coast north of Tokyo. The footage of the tsunami moving thru Sendai is pretty bad with the wave pushing semi-trucks and fishing vessals in front of it along with cars and buildings. Sendai airport is shown with water flooding the structure up to the second floor, and the runway completely covered over in water.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daito; 03-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Player
    I'm talking to my friend who lives in Tokyo, she's doing alright as well as her family. She's telling me about the aftershock tremors they keep going though, search and rescue (helicoptors), Army all over.

My prayers go out to everyone there. Hope everyone is safe and with their families/friends.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast