Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zoner
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95

PLAYER'S JOB ADJUSTMENT MANIFESTO- DRK LVL95-99

Well with 90-95 adjustments almost cemented, except with possible adjustments to Scarlet Delirium(hopefully), we dark knights are looking at the final chance to get what want from SE.

Post what job ability, trait or spell would you like to see added. For me I'd like to see the following:

Job Abilities:

Darkness- This ability has been seen in several final fantasy titles and could be implemented in many ways, my version would be sorta of a combination of the concept of Scarlet Delirium and Sublimation. Upon activating the ability you would be given up to 1 minute to accumulate damage taken, use the ability a second time consumes 20% of your total MP and directs the total amount of damage taken into a single instant dark based attack. If the Devs feel particularly giving, have it inflict double blind(blind plus flash effect) as an added effect.

Unholy Sacrifice- Consumes 1/3rd of your total max HP to do triple the damage of non-elemental damage to the target. Be wary of your remaining HP when using this or it could cost you your life, no exp loss tho

Dark Covenant- Stance type ability, Doubles magic attack power but halves defense.

Spells:

Black Sky- In FFX-2 Dark Knights can learn the spell Black Sky, which deals ten random hits to all enemies,it uses similar animation to the Meteor spell.

Demi- In previous final fantasy titles Demi traditionally took a set percentage of HP from it's target, however in FFXI I'd like to see it as instant cast dark based spell similar to Holy with the added effect of gravity.

Spirit Drain- Drains target of HP and converts it to MP

Ultima- A spell shared with BLM. Non-Elemental, slightly long cast, high damage spell. Damage based off dark magic skill.

Job Traits:

Dark Celerity- Dark magic casting times and recast times are reduced.

Counter Tackle- Random chance to counter-attack after taking damage, monster must be in striking distance

Magical Attack Bonus I- Improves power of magic spells.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zoner; 09-07-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would like a 2nd tier line of absorb stat spells, these would be far more potent than our tier I line

Spells

Absorb-Vit II: deals darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's defense and vitality. 50 MP, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time

Absorb-Str II: deal darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's attack and strength. 50mp, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time.

Absorb-Dex II: deal darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's accuracy and dexerity. 50 mp, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time

Absorb-Int II: deal darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's magic attack and Intelligence. 50 mp, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time.

Absorb-Mnd II: deals darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's magic accuracy and mind. 50 mp, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time.

Absorb-Agi II: deals darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's evasion and agility. 50 mp, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time.

Absorb-Chr II: deals darkness damage, and absorbs enemy's light resistances and charisma. 50 mp, 2 sec casting time, 90 sec recast time.
    (5)

Character
    Madawc
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I'll just put this right here

==Scarlet Delirium==
    After testing Scarlet Delirium the general concesus is that it should be changed. Here is a few suggestions:

1. Turn it in to a JOB TRAIT that procs if over 50% HP is lost in one blow.

2. Turn it in to a JOB TRAIT that accumulates damage over time in to a "buffer", while it continously decay towards zero. Damage is proportional to the buffer with a cap of +25%. (*prefered)

3. Have the Job Ability proc only for highly damaging attacks (i.e over 50% HP lost).

I would like to see it a job trait. The last thing DRK needs are more abilities to that "pause" our melee swinging.

==Catastrophe==
    The aftermath effect is not as valueable it used to be. This is due to the 25% cap on "equipment haste" which now can be reached with gear alone. Here is a few suggestions:

1. Put Catastrophe Aftermath Haste in its own category. Such that it will NOT be restricted by the 25% cap on ability, equipment and magic. (*prefered)

2. Pair Catastrophe Aftermath Haste with Magic Haste. Such that we can use it together with 25% from equipment and 25% from Ability.

Other. An increase in haste in addition to (1). 15% for the Lv95 version. A damage boost would also be much welcomed.

==Critical hit WS==
    People who do not posess the Apocalypse would like to have a multi hit WS with a critical hit chance based on TP.

==Spells==
    The elemental spells are still useless. None will ever use them, ever. Suggestion:

1. A job trait that gives 75% Fast Cast and 75% Conserve MP for 10 seconds after a Weapon Skill. This would help Dark Knight utilize its spells for Magic Bursts and Absorbs.

Most Dark Knights want a dark equivalent to Holy.

==Equipment==
    Can we augment our equipment with "Enchances Souleater effect" and "Enhances Stalwart Soul"? Could these also stack with eachother in multiples?
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Baby steps.

Magic Attack Bonus I Circa 2004.

Can I have it?
    (3)

Character
    Zoner
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    Baby steps.

Magic Attack Bonus I Circa 2004.

Can I have it?
    lol i know, its something we should have gotten long ago!
    (0)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Magic Attack Bonus, I agree. Or at least Magic Accuracy for the Absorbs!
    Job Trait - Dark Celerity
    Spells - yah we need the ones we have FIXED first
    (0)

Character
    Nikashi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree with DRKs having the MAB job trait. SE is so focused on making us cast our lolelemental spells, the least they could do is give us Magic Attack Bonus. I like the second tier absorb spells, too. Maybe change Absorb-CHR II from light resistance to magic defense, though. I know that CHR doesn't factor in on MDB (at least I don't think it does), but the option for it would be nice.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nikashi; 09-10-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    The trouble with MOST of not ALL sub job abilties is that the can be gain by subbing appropriate sub jobs. SE good job planning this out. It's not SE fault players want everything and not willi g to use the sub job systems to the fullest.

For those that don't understand let me try to explain...the sub job system is a system of game balance and player choice. To gain in one area, one must sacrific in another area. Magic and might are polar opposites in this game. If a dark knight wants to captalize on might they need to sub melee jobs. If on the other hand they want to capitalize on magic they need to sacrifice might and sub a magic job. The greater one leans to either side the more lacking they become in the other.

As far as the OP.
    Darkness? Huh? Why not just opt for a dark based damage spell? Could even have severals tiers.
    Unholy sacrifice.... This actually sounds good, but "non-elemental" damage? Darkness based is bread and butter of a Darkknight.
    Dark stance.... Forget it. Stances and 2hour special boost are already played out.
    Black sky...no way, Jose. Overpowered.
    Demi- I do like the idea, but I'd settle on disease/virus spells such as plague and curse. Curse is after all what Demi is.
    Spirit drain- is a wonderful suggestion...however, 95% of DRK DON'T bother casting spells other than drain and stun.
    Ultima- this pushing the envelope too much of a dark's casting ability.
    Dark celerity- love this. However this falls into the sub job argument. Sub a redmage or scholar for faster casting options.
    Counter tackle- sub monk if you want counter. Or get counter gear.

@Cljader... What a wonderful concept. Combine dark damage AND absorb tier 2 spells. Add non-decaying effects for set durations and you would have a perfect suggestions..even going so far and eliminating the need for a "dark" spell.

Just as an aside... I'd like to reiterate my suggestion about "soul eater" being adjusted to work for both melee AND magic spells. Perhaps even slapping a "fast-cast" effect while under the effects of Souleater(at cost of add HP drain for spell use).
    (0)

Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You guys know we are geting drk magic fast cast and non decaying absorbs / absorbs readjusted right?
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Armangetto View Post
    You guys know we are geting drk magic fast cast and non decaying absorbs / absorbs readjusted right?
    Are we getting them in this update? SE moves so slow who know when they'll make this move
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 09-10-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast