Thread: Samurai Archers

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Samurai Archers

Hey Dev team, just tossing this back up on the radar. I know SAM/RNG is a largely overlooked subjob and yes compared to things like Tachi: Fudo it pales in comparison. However I never really liked cutting cookies and as such I prefer straying from the norm and excelling at it. I've had a lot of hope for SAM/RNG's return due to additions like Refulgent Arrow (much appreciated substitute to Sidewinder) and SAM's ungodly Unkai Kote. That said, I still find myself cursed in many regards.

• C+ Skill in Archery even when fully merited pains me.
    • No weapon skills unless /RNG, and even then a very poor selection (1 blue !!).
    • No magian trials, making RNG the ONLY bow user.
    • Speaking of, Beursault and Murti bows are the only available SAM bows post 75 (sans relic).
    • SAM main supporting Job Abilities.

Those are my primary complaints. I'm not saying add anything new that is exclusive to SAM archery, just allow us a little bit of flexibility on the subject.

Here are some of my proposed adjustments:

• Up archery proficiency. B- would be a significant improvement but I wouldn't complain with B either. While you are at it you can up Polearm to B to keep that proficiency > Archery if you like, or equal to is fine.
    • Honestly, I'm fine with SAM not having native archery WS. Not a bad mechanic. However I would like AT LEAST 2-3 of the RNG exclusive archery WS to be expanded to SAM when subbed, if only for blue !!.
    • Weapon selection is terrible. I can pick and choose my Great Katana, but with bow I can only choose two valid options and of them, there really is only one option. There are two ways to expand upon this.
      • Open up Magian bows to SAM, particularly the elemental oriented ones (you can keep the Empyrean ones if you like. RNG exclusive there is understandable) but at least something for the rest of us and/or our own SAM oriented line of Bow.
      • Release another SAM primary bow (I liked my old one) or expand our selections at least a little bit.
    • Finally, I would greatly appreciate abilities like Konzen-Ittai, Hasso/Seigan, and Zanshin to include archery in some way if possible.
      • Little more range on Konzen-Ittai maybe?
      • Increased RATT/RACC for Hasso/Seigan respectively?
      • Chance for increased damage based upon Zanshin attack rate? (a stretch, but with the recent Zanshin update it's worth a shot)

Please tell me I'm not the only one who enjoyed the early days of SAM/RNG?
    (31)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I don't personally care for the archery side of Samurai, but I do agree that it does need an update as there are others who do enjoy that aspect.
    (5)

Character
    Evildgnker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 96
    Bravo! A decent bump in archery skill would make SAM more versatile. As it currently stands, why would I throw gil away with ranged attacks if they are going to miss? Rangers get A skill in marks and arch why cant SAM or other jobs have two A skilled weapons as well?
    (4)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asraa View Post
    Bravo! A decent bump in archery skill would make SAM more versatile. As it currently stands, why would I throw gil away with ranged attacks if they are going to miss? Rangers get A skill in marks and arch why cant SAM or other jobs have two A skilled weapons as well?
    WAR GA A+; Axe A-
    DRK Scythe A+, GS A-
    PLD Sword A+, club A-, staff A-
    rng is not the only job with multiple A rank in combat skill

for sam being efficient with bow they need higher skill, native ranged WS, acces to Arching arrow in aby
    (4)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I've always wanted yoichi for my SAM. Something about a SAM with a Bow is really badass. Ofcourse they could add SAM to Gandiva and give us the crit WS we deserve!
    (3)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Evildgnker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 96
    I want yoichi for my SAM as well, but with such low skill in archery im not sure if this is a wise choice. Also finding ammo and farming the materials to craft ammo can be a pain.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asraa View Post
    I want yoichi for my SAM as well, but with such low skill in archery im not sure if this is a wise choice. Also finding ammo and farming the materials to craft ammo can be a pain.

WSs have such a huge ACC bonus the low skill isn't that big of a deal. Buffed Namas spam was owner at 75, with the relic damage boost I bet its still pretty potent. Quint Spear + SAM + Namas would be very fun to play with.
    (3)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Evildgnker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 96
    My dream set up would SAM mythic occ. att. 2-3 times and yoichinoyumi.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    WSs have such a huge ACC bonus the low skill isn't that big of a deal. Buffed Namas spam was owner at 75, with the relic damage boost I bet its still pretty potent. Quint Spear + SAM + Namas would be very fun to play with.
    think that was aimed at sidewinder <.< because i only know like 1 person with Namas so basing anything off that is silly...
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    think that was aimed at sidewinder <.< because i only know like 1 person with Namas so basing anything off that is silly...
    "I want yoichi for my SAM as well, but with such low skill in archery im not sure if this is a wise choice. Also finding ammo and farming the materials to craft ammo can be a pain. "
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast