Thread: Samurai Archers

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwena View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear, english isn't my main language after all, what I mean was: SAM isn't happy with all the great stuff they have with Great Katana? GK > Archery right? if you want to shoot arrows, switch to RNG, otherwise go slash that Great Katana for a maximum of DMG... You will even save gils. Sure they can go archery but it's seem to be less efficient than melee'ing. It's like NIN throwing Shuriken... yes they can, but this so less efficient than just melee mob instead...

Edit: Just my opinion, I don't have any number to prove my point.
    Ok, a very fair point, and I do acknowledge that. However, NIN was supposed to be a puller/DD and SAM was supposed to be a tank. So many things are not as intended simply because someone wanted to do something different. Besides, I don't like the min-max cookie cutter playing style. I like to gimp myself and see how well I do. e.g. COP Dynamis SCH99/RDM00. Failed miserably, but had a hell of a time doing it!
    (2)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

I've always enjoyed the sam/rng play style. I know it is not the most DMG efficient but ITT we are specifically talking about the SAM/RNG style.

But it doesn't matter what we try to say to cult-ninjas, they will go above and beyond to toss out a 'ninja using shuriken' insult regardless of the thread. It's like a Vana'dielian six degrees of separation.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

3. 05-20-2012 07:34 PM

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I've always enjoyed the sam/rng play style. I know it is not the most DMG efficient but ITT we are specifically talking about the SAM/RNG style.

But it doesn't matter what we try to say to cult-ninjas, they will go above and beyond to toss out a 'ninja using shuriken' insult regardless of the thread. It's like a Vana'dielian six degrees of separation.
    throwingNIN are the new mereeRDM, crying over in every other thread
    (3)

Throwing ninjas have nothing to do with samurai archers. Cult-ninjas should stop trying to derail threads just to toss out an insult.

#sixdos
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Didn't see this anywhere, but giving samurai bow magian trials seems like an amazing ammo slot. People would just use it to make str/attack bows or tp bonus bow for their GKT. That would be unbalanced lol.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Didn't see this anywhere, but giving samurai bow magian trials seems like an amazing ammo slot. People would just use it to make str/attack bows or tp bonus bow for their GKT. That would be unbalanced lol.
    Ah, thank you for posting that. I need to test whether TP bonus GK affects Archery WS. The STR/Attack bow is a valid arguement and I think I addressed that much earlier on when we were discussing allowing magian bows for SAM. It does provide an incredible unbalance in game mechanics, offering a free 11 STR in a range slot. I don't think the TP bonus one would affect anything though. The way I see it, is if they allowed the Sparrow through Accipiter bows to RNG/SAM players, but Gyrfalcon RNG only, that would thoroughly eliminate SAM abuse of stat enhancing bows and focus strictly on bows that would actually be utilized. Same goes with allowing the Gymnogyps type bows, but I'm on the edge with those as I'm uncertain how they affect melee attacks.

The other part of the Accipiter bows is that either the trial or SAM's WS availability would have to be modified, as we wouldn't be able to get past the second trial
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Hyden
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Can SAM get some new arrows?

It's kind of ridiculous that the best arrows we get are:

Antlion Arrow lvl 80
    DMG: 41 Delay: 90 Ranged Attack +5

and then RNG only gets:

Ruszor Arrow lvl 89
    DMG: 46 Delay: 90

AND

Gargouille Arrow lvl 97
    DMG: 51 Delay: 90 Ranged Accuracy +5

I know archery isn't our best skill, but no new arrows for 19 lvls when RNG got 2 kinda sux
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
    I'm guessing this is the main reason why ToM bows aren't available to non-RNGs. But it's not like it'd be anymore overpowered than any other dual wield options. Unless dual wield jobs were allowed to use bows too i guess... Idk, i really don't see the hurt in putting SAM on ToM bows too.
    Try telling that to the devs after pups made a HUGE thread about ToM animators with some stats on it (since pup cant access ANY ranged or ammo gear without gimping their ability to control the automaton..) only for the devs to say an outright no due to "balance" issues...
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Hyden
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah, i never really understood what their thinking was on that. They could at least make the animator an "ammo" so you could swap w/o losing TP.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    heres my problem, the animator is something one controls with their hands, yet it hangs on your back. Mnks have been complaining for years about some type of strap for h2h, so why not make animators a sub weapon that works with h2h. All its gonna do is give us the ability to use our pups to the fullest, and then get ranged gear.
    (0)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast