Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Anyone try Apoc/RR/SS?

Right now I use apoc/rr/VV could SS be potentially better?
    (1)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Right now I use apoc/rr/VV could SS be potentially better?
    SS = Smoldering Sky? Sanguine Scythe? Shimmering Shell? Sundering Slash? Shattering Star? Siren Shadow?

=/
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I thought everyone know SS was Sanguine Scythe lol.
    (2)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    I thought everyone know SS was Sanguine Scythe lol.
    What gave you that thought? "everyone know SS was Sanguine Scythe"?... <.<''

I don't have Sanguine Scythe primarily because, in my opinion my critical hit dmg is maxed using Razed Ruins + merits in critical hit... since Sanguine Scythe's only other benefit is +hpts and a minor +enmity, you'll gain more mileage using Apoc/Razed and another atma which either gives you a greater tp regain effect/regen effect or double attack effect.

So I use the following (situational at best depending on mob):

Razed Ruins/Sea Daughter/Voracious Violet (if I don't need a huge boost to evasion) or
    Razed Ruins/Sea Daughter/Siren Shadow (if I do need a huge boost to evasion) or
    Razed Ruins/Sea Daughter/Ducal Guard (if I want my Automaton to tank w/ me assisting)

I typically only use Apocalypse if I know there's a high chance of being K.O'd.
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    What gave you that thought? "everyone know SS was Sanguine Scythe"?... <.<''

I don't have Sanguine Scythe primarily because, in my opinion my critical hit dmg is maxed using Razed Ruins + merits in critical hit... since Sanguine Scythe's only other benefit is +hpts and a minor +enmity, you'll gain more mileage using Apoc/Razed and another atma which either gives you a greater tp regain effect/regen effect or double attack effect.

So I use the following (situational at best depending on mob):

Razed Ruins/Sea Daughter/Voracious Violet (if I don't need a huge boost to evasion) or
    Razed Ruins/Sea Daughter/Siren Shadow (if I do need a huge boost to evasion) or
    Razed Ruins/Sea Daughter/Ducal Guard (if I want my Automaton to tank w/ me assisting)

I typically only use Apocalypse if I know there's a high chance of being K.O'd.
    Lets go with: "everyone who does DD knows that SS is sanguine scythe"

1) your critical hit rate isnt caped, its probably at 66-70% out of 100
    2) SS adds critical hit dmg. caped at 100% now and you are probably at 30% with just RR since almost not pup gear or merits add to it
    3) you should never use sea daughter unless you are just procing red/blue on mobs, inwhich case you shouldn't be on pup anyways. You should be on monk, nin, war with vv/sea daughters/sundering or some similar combination.

Ideally you want 100% crit and 100% crit dmg, the question bob is asking is does 30% crit dmg out weigh 10% DA with 2 regain.

I am coming out with the following using kinematics pup spread sheet, which I dont know if it corrects for the new 100% cap, but even if it doesnt, ss still wins.

ss/rr/apoc : 273
    vv/rr/apoc : 269
    gh/rr/apoc : 266
    (5)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    Lets go with: "everyone who does DD knows that SS is sanguine scythe"

1) your critical hit rate isnt caped, its probably at 66-70% out of 100
    2) SS adds critical hit dmg. caped at 100% now and you are probably at 30% with just RR since almost not pup gear or merits add to it
    3) you should never use sea daughter unless you are just procing red/blue on mobs, inwhich case you shouldn't be on pup anyways. You should be on monk, nin, war with vv/sea daughters/sundering or some similar combination.

Ideally you want 100% crit and 100% crit dmg, the question bob is asking is does 30% crit dmg out weigh 10% DA with 2 regain.

I am coming out with the following using kinematics pup spread sheet, which I dont know if it corrects for the new 100% cap, but even if it doesnt, ss still wins.

ss/rr/apoc : 273
    vv/rr/apoc : 269
    gh/rr/apoc : 266
    So you would sacrifice +5 or +7 tp regain on both you and your automaton, in addition to (during daytime only) +30 regen effect on both you and your automaton for a pretty low triple attack effect? (because that's pretty much all your getting with melee using Apoc)?

Speaking from experience, not using Sea Daughter (which also means decreasing the number of darkness skill-chains), is seriously gimping your damage output. It all comes down to personal choice.

And since I don't use Sanguine Scythe, I'd be speaking out of turn to reflect on it...so kudos to those that do use it.
    (0)

Player
    Sea Daughter has a little under +15% slow on it, which you're neglecting to mention. If you're not a Ranger or Corsair, it's not your friend. It is, in fact, your enemy. Your mortal enemy.
    (10)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Sea Daughter has a little under +15% slow on it, which you're neglecting to mention. If you're not a Ranger or Corsair, it's not your friend. It is, in fact, your enemy. Your mortal enemy.
    The Slow effect is negligible; considering the bonuses involved. I suggest to anyone that "doesn't" have it; give it a spin and see if it works for you.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thanks for the responses. I chuckled a little at the fact there is a kinematics pup spread sheet. All seem fairly close it seems at least. VV is nice when you are walking around, moving from spot to spot because you and puppet will both have TP ready. Maybe nice on nms where you have to sit back and wait until yellow or red is processed, then you can darkness on the mob.

GH is obviously nice when you are soloing easier things, get better protection but lose only a small amount.

SS seems good if you are just non stop wailing on things. And SS should be bigger pummels which means more added darkness dmg.

Good info.
    (2)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From what i remember Adding SS ontop of RR for jobs without the "Critical attack bonus" trait will still result in 30% damage boosted because without the trait the cap is still 50% and if atma do not take full effect they don't take affect at all

meaning that 30+30 will not be capped at 50 but the 2nd Boost will do nothing.

i havnt tryed for this on pup tho i mainly GH/RR/Apoc because crit rate is when your attack is ***<3

also lol'd at the SD atma guy that's *** hilariousness.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ashvrei; 09-08-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast