Character
    Vepion
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

an idea to make SMN more usefull would be to make there buffs absolute AoE or just AoE thru alliences instead of thru parties. to have avatars favor be an absolute AoE aswell.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vepion; 03-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Character
    Glitchy
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I've often thought about this as well. However, I've come to the conclusion that it would be a bit too powerful, greatly overshadowing the Scholar's abilities, and also cause excessive strain on game server's processing resources.

A slightly altered take on this might be more plausible. For one, BPs should definitely extend to your adventuring fellow. After all they are considered part of your party. Also, if they allowed you to target party members with Wards instead of only yourself it would improve their versatility. It would be a simple step from there to allow us to target an alliance member with a Ward ability and have it affect their entire party rather than our own. This would make Wards comparable to the Scholar's AOE capabilities without making them completely obsolete.

Finally, as I've stated in another post, buffing some of the Ward abilities' strength would go a long way toward making SMN more party friendly.
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    AoE alliance wards may be a bit over powered & Glitches suggestion of making alliance members targets for wards although it sounds good may actually have the adverse effect of instead of people inviting multiple summoners to buff an alliance they may just invite one & expect them to buff the whole alliance -which with BP timers isn't really going to work.

Making other party members targets for wards is a great idea though & something SE should definitely do. Having to run up next to my target is just annoying & I've been killed so many times that way by AoEs.
    (0)