Character
    Vepion
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

can there be something done aboput their infinate MP Pool. i dont see a point with them haveing an MP pool uif its not used ...
    (0)

Character
    Delente
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    I think it would be great to expand on the concept of elemental siphon with 2 new abilities for SMN in the upper 90 range.

Celestial Siphon
    * Drains MP from your summoned Celestial Avatar.
    * Obtained: Summoner Level 99
    * Recast Time: 5:00
    * Duration: Instant
    * Distance: Self
    * Shares a timer with Elemental Siphon

Terrestrial Siphon
    * Drains MP from your summoned Terrestrial Avatar.
    * Obtained: Summoner Level 99
    * Recast Time: 5:00
    * Duration: Instant
    * Distance: Self
    * Shares a timer with Elemental Siphon

This would allow the usage of the Avatars MP without the game breaking "lets siphon everything we got" mentality that alot of us would have if they all had their own timers. It would also be nice to see the ability to merit elemental siphon to also grant a bar- style effect as well as MP to keep elemental siphon as a viable option for use.
    (0)

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Siphon was added because there was no reason at all to get the elemental pacts. They still suck to this day, and are only ever used for siphon. If we had these we would once again never use spirits.
    (0)

Character
    Heroman
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would like to ask A question. How can I skill upSMN in Abyssea and keep my Avatars out.
    What atams should I use plz help me out, summinig magic is 287 I belive or maybe alittle more.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You keep 2hring and opening 2hr chests. Spam BPs also. I used Heavenly Strike and Frost Armor
    (0)

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    you should spam Bps and use atmas that give refresh(minikin,stormbird etc), also depending on the bps you will spam, you may want accuracy(cloack and dagger etc) or magic attack atmas(beyond,ultimate), atma of ducal guard should also help you keeping an avatar out for a longer period of time. also for the mp thing yeah would be cool to have an use for avatar mp altough i dont think a syphon ability would be the best, maybe an ability that let avatar use his mp instead of smn(ok that may be totally broken) or to allow the avatar to use his mp pool to deal additional damage in the BPs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Smokenttp; 03-12-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It is not unrealistic to skip refresh atma. I do it all the time. Perp gear is really easy to get now, and getting mp back on all avatars is silly easy. My perp gear is no where near done and I already get back 3mp/tic on fenrir and diabolos both in my perp gear (soon I'll get more if I get a refresh subligar >_>). Using only HQ ele staves I get back 1/tic on every other avatar, and I'll be damned if I ever summon Carbuncle again, the worthless rat that he is.
    (0)

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    i agree with dr but since i didnt knew wether he could aford it or not i suggested it anyway ,personal preferences plays a little role there.Also more refresh outside of perp cost means lessdowntime and more spaming time wich for skill ups works better, but for other situations you indeeed might want to skip the refresh atma.
    (0)

Character
    Delente
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Siphon was added because there was no reason at all to get the elemental pacts. They still suck to this day, and are only ever used for siphon. If we had these we would once again never use spirits.
    This comment is proof that ppl don't know what they talk about. The spirits can be very useful if you build correctly for them. I have out-damaged my avatars several times with my spirits by changing my gear around to compliment them. The problem isn't that the spirits suck, the problem is ppl don't utilize them to their fullest potential. The spirits are situational summons. If ppl want to play their jobs mediocre, that's on them. Just makes them look bad when someone who knows how their jobs work joins the group.
    (0)

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So your saying we should bow our mp on something we have little to no control over (don't give me the whole "you gotta bring a blm to enfeeble it" crap). A while back it was proven you could force them to cast AM, but who gives a rip when the avatar spends the rest of the time sucking, and to have most of them cast AM you have to bend over backwards. The only new spell ANY of the elementals we can cast got was Banish IV. They continue, even with lots of summoning magic skill, to sit there and be a waste. Hell, I haven't even had to use Siphon in forever. Also let it be known that I still /whm 9/10 times, even when solo, simply because I haven't had the time to finish my rdm sub. I have sch sub, but /whm offers more grellow procs, so I normally stick to that. If I'm coming smn to a nm, we probably didn't have a healer to begin with.

Also, it has been proven recently that elementals CAN run out of mp, sitting there and doing nothing at all other than lolauto attack. Refresh atma really is a crutch with how easily we can get mp back without it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Drhatchet; 03-13-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: removed some of the stuff that might have gotten me moded