Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Boost adjustment

Ok so the adjustments planned for Chakra look quite decent, however one thing that frustrates me is Boost and the lack of actual use for it.

Sure you can sit there in between fights standing there and boosting for that more potent Chi blast, or for the first big hit - however I believe Boost should be restricted to user-submitted commands like a weapon skill or chi blast for example.

Normal melee attacks waste a good boost buildup.

Please change Boost to only effect the next user-submitted offensive command like Weapon Skill or Chi Blast - so we have more of a use for it during a fight then hitting a macro before we spam our WS.
    (4)

Character
    Spiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Yeah that would be sweet! Then you could stack boost and still get TP, building for the next WS. If your just all out meree crashing it would likely loose its usefulness due to the delay on using the JA, but would be great for fights where you have more downtime and/or running in and out of aoe range.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I love that proposed change! Altough while on one hand I'm excited about such a possibility, on the other hand I'm a bit worried.
    Even if Boost would get consumed only by WS/Chiblast/Chakra, we still wouldn't be able to spam boost several times until we reach 100% tp, for the simple reason of how each use of Job abilities slow down our melee fists.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Maybe change it completely to be more like Flourescence? Obviously make it a much longer recast, like 3 or 5 mins.
    (0)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Maybe change it completely to be more like Flourescence? Obviously make it a much longer recast, like 3 or 5 mins.
    I would like Boost recast time to stay as is, 3-5min?? (No Thanks) I would prefer it in an instant action and within 10 sec (but that's me). I like the advice to SE about creating the cause justify the means with Chi Blast and Weapon Skilling and ... Chakra?? ( I didn't know boost affected chakra!).
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

it doesn't atm
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If this would be hard to implement with the current coding, as I know that Boost literally increases your Attack by a substantial amount (as seen in the equipment menu).

Make it similar to DNC steps. Add an icon in your status bar with a number - disappears when you use next user-submitted command. Can have it cap at 5 (or lower) for all we care. At the moment most of us are just hitting it once before WS.
    (1)

Player
    The purpose of Boost is epicly long macros to accompany it for no apparent reason.
    (1)