Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Diasetsu
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Monk Kick Attack Rate and Random other Facts and Formulas

I wasn't originally planning on posting any data on Kick Attacks and Empyrian Set Bonus until I was completely done, but it appears people have no clue on what the Rate of Kick Attacks are. I did a lot of testing during random times over the summer for 3-6hrs at a time. Was limited to only getting figures off of attacking Fortifications in Crawler's Nest, Eldieme, and Garlaige since Campaign enemies wouldn't attack me at those 3. Between not logging on very much becuase well, it's nice outside this time of year, and whether or not any of those zones were beast contolled, all my testing took about 2 months or so.

For finding basic KA II rate, and KA II + Merits rates I wore no gear with KA+ obviously. I used 17% Haste in gear(Black Belt + Byakko's Haidate) to keep my delay at a comfortable number. Using more haste made it hard sometimes to differentiate rounds as some would blur together, so I found this to be an acceptable amount.

-Kick Attack II with 0 KA merits. 2847 kicks in 21533 rounds= 13.22% with a Confidence Interval of .45%. So 95% chance Kick Attack rate is between 12.77% and 13.67%. Estimating KA II to be 13% Kick Rate.

-Kick Attack II with 5/5 KA merits. Expected to be KA rate +5%. 4229 kicks in 23097 rounds= 18.31% with a CI of .47%. Kick Attack rate is between 17.84% and 18.78%. Estimating KA II with 5/5 KA merits to be 18% Kick Rate.

-Kick Attack II with 5/5 KA merits + Useshi(3KA), Tantra Earring(1KA), Tantra Necklace(2KA), Tantra Hose(7KA), and Shura Sune-ate(4KA). Expected rate= 35%. 4683 kicks in 13476 rounds= 34.75% with a CI of .80%. Kick rate is between 33.95% and 35.55%. Estimating KA II with 5/5 KA merits and 17% KA in gear to be 35%. This 3rd test isn't really needed, but I wanted to make sure that +1 from gear was equal to 1%.

On to Tantra Armor set bonus. I wore Tantra Hose+2, Tanta Necklace, Tantra Earring, and Useshi for all tests of 2-5 pieces. I also wore a pair of Augmented Shura Sune-ate with KA+4 for all tests 2-4 pieces. Format for these is #rnds with 2kicks out of #rnds with 1or2 kicks, so has nothing to do with total attack rounds, just kick rounds. The set bonus allows a 2nd kick during a round that the Kick Attack Job Trait kicks in.

Getting sick of typing so much out which is part of the reason I don't share my findings always, so going to start simplifying results.

-5/5 Tantra Set= 1351/13896= 9.72% with a CI of .49%. Estimating Set Bonus with 5/5 Tantra to be 10% of KA rate.

-4/5 Tantra Set= 798/11495= 6.94% with a CI of .46%. Estimating Set Bonus with 4/5 Tantra to be 7% of KA rate.

-3/5 Tantra Set= 354/8573= 4.13% with a CI of .42%. Estimating Set Bonus with 3/5 Tantra to be 4% of KA rate.

-2/5 Tantra Set= 135/7249= 1.86% with a CI of .31%. Estimating Set Bonus with 2/5 Tantra to be 2% of KA rate.

From testing we see that compared to other Set Bonus, it follows the 2,4,7,10 order much like RDM and NIN, however even at 10% it actually equates to a pathetic 2.5% overall rate when wearing the standard 90MNK equip(KA Traits+Merits+Tantra Hose=25% KA). So for anyone who has been confused by me referring to set bonus being 10%, it is 10%, but not of all attack rounds, since it's based off a secondary factor such as KA.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diasetsu View Post
    2847 kicks in 21533 rounds
    needs to be over 9,000... fail

thanks for the info. Kind sucks that KA traits aren't even a full 5%.

Camate! FIX THIS!
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Good job because I started doing KA testing today, so that's something I don't have to do. Personnally I used brittle rock, they give 500 round per assault, which seems a lot more practical than fortifications. While we are at it, I'll post my 1 hour 1k sample size, it seems to confirm that the full set bonus as a 10% double kick rate.

Melee Data

Player # Melee Attacks # Melee Rounds Attacks/Round # Extra Attacks
    Pimpchan 2328 998 2 360

Player # +1 Rounds # +2 Rounds # +3 Rounds # +4 Rounds # >+4 Rounds
    Pimpchan 283 32 3 1 0
    makes it ~ 32/998 [3.2%] double kick rate and 283/998 [28.36%]kick rate
    (used 40% haste no DA etc but full AF3+2 and no other KA gear)

0.10*25=2.5% vs 3.2% seems correct and 25% vs 28.36% too I guess since 1k sample shlould be +/- 3%.

The average attack per round on the parse is 2328/998=2.33 while the threory predict 2+0.25*1.1=2.275 ...

Anyway good job and you should have shared it earlier instead of claiming "18%" and "10%" without backup.

edit : in pratice it means 27.5% rate in first approximation.
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-01-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    very good info. Been looking for that. So full tantra set bonus blows?
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    yes it blows and could make stuff like calmecas trousers appealing, I need to check this. It should make 4/5 + attack gloves number one too.. especially at 95 where the skill on the gloves is just attack..
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-01-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

95 skill on gloves is dmg+1 unless you use faith you'll still need one of the 2
    (0)

base 95 skill + merits = 412 or 45.32+3 dmg
    base 95 skill + merits + hands / or faith = 419 or 46.03+3 dmg
    base 95 skill + merits + hands and faith = 425 or 46.86+3 dmg * so no increase
    (0)

Character
    Diasetsu
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What he mean is since you don't gain +1dmg from hands at 95 that it would be better to switch to B. Kotes and gain 15 attack, while keeping Faith, or atleast I'd assume that's what he means. That 15att is gonna be a much bigger upgrade than keeping Tantra Gloves and swapping Faith Torque for some kind of minor increase. Although I'd personally keep hands because losing 16-17acc stinks for some outside harder content. Also in the setup I would use, you'd need the haste from Tantra anyway, as the better swap is dropping Tantra Crown for Ganesha's Mask as it's a larger increase in attack for a smaller acc loss. Also Ganesha's > Tantra now, so don't even have to wait till 95 when the H2H skill + doesn't change DMG tiers.

As a side note concerning something that I'm fussy about just because I am. This isn't directly pointed at you Gokku, since I see sooo many people do it. Why do people always list h2h DMG from skill as (skill x .11)+3? that 3dmg has nothing to do with your skill, and although for example @90 vereth...

43(skill)+3+35(weapon)=43+(35+3) that+3dmg is part of your Weapon, and not Skill because....

43(skill)+3+35(weapon)+11(Dmg from capping fStr)≠43+(35+3)weapon+12(Dmg from fStr).

I at least think that it's pretty widely known that the weird hidden +3dmg effects weapon rank. I'd say they should just get rid of that hidden +3dmg and just raise all H2H weapons by 3, but obviously ya can't since it actually comes from the fact that your bare fisted "weapon" is 3dmg. Anyway I don't really care, but I'm personally anal about it.
    (1)

personaly ill be dropping faiths for rancor *or w/e new necks come out* since the 5% crit rate is apply'd to both strikes and its only -1 acc -7 attack.

so your looking at
    5% crit rate vs 22 attack 1 acc

if someone wants to math that out go for it.
    (0)

Character
    Diasetsu
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you mean Rancor Collar + Tantra Gloves Vs. Faith Torque + B. Kotes you're looking at 5%crit+7att+23acc Vs. 29att+7acc.
    So you're looking at:

5% crit rate, 16acc Vs. 22att

Ya don't even need to do math to know Rancor > B.Kotes combo if ya need that acc. However, when accuracy is capped I believe Kotes should actually prevail unless you are attack capped or very close to capped. It's late and I might also just be not thinking correctly but as nice as 5%crit rate is, 22attack is still a lot of attack. I'll math out a realistic scenario when I have time tomorrow if someone else hasn't come along and done so before that. If you are talking Rancor Vs. F.Torque straight up though, Rancor Collar every time. Regardless, keeping Tantra Hands allows you to drop Crown for the G.Mask as I previously stated.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast