Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Ichi over Ni at high level

Why are we still getting an Ichi version of new ninjutsu ?

I know Ichi come before Ni but honestly... using Kakka: Ichi, is a lose on TPgain because while we cast we're not doing any melee damage.

Why keep the Ichi 4s cast version for High lvl ? if it's just a matter of Ichi come first then why not release them for lower level and add a :Ni version on higher level ?

And so we could get Monomi: Ni, Migawari: Ni, Jubaku: Ni (why the hell you don't want to add it, just give a Ni version with the same potency as Ichi, everyone will be still glad), etc...

Every update we only get Ichi scroll, that making them (for some of them, pretty useless).
    (2)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Ichi is 1, Ni is 2. there is no point to adding a second verion of the newer spells, (aside from monomi/jubaku) what you're really wanting is a faster cast time on the new spells no?

the only spell that should've stayed lvl 1 that we got a lvl 2 of was tonko. because of that spell, we need a monomi 2 too match recast/duration.

as for migawari ni, the thought of that would reduce the balance and lower the skill required to play ninja below its current requirements, and just steal the fun out of the job.
    (2)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I know what Ichi and Ni are.

They're going to add Kakka: Ichi, store TP bonus, to gain more TP, but the fact is, by the high casting time, it's become a jutsu that "lowering" your TPgain.

What i wan't is.. yes... a 1.5s casting time on the news spell, atleast thoses that are not powerfull. A Ni version is just a second version of the tools, there is no need to change the potency, adjust the casting time is probably enough.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeda
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    If it were up to me, the ninjutsu above 75 would be more evenly distributed between levels 48 and 75, and their Ni versions would be roughly the same level as their Ichi spells are now. But alas, SE's philosophy on balance eludes me.

Blue mages get Terror Touch at level 40, which is effectively Aisha that does some damage. Yurin is situational, being most effective on non-evasion tanks. Myoshu is just freakin' subtle blow, which is often capped. But I can see Migawari on separate cooldown timers being an issue. If Migawari: Ichi and Ni used the same timer, then that shouldn't be much of a problem. That's about it, though. And I can't see much of an issue with an equally potent Jubaku spell, just on a faster cast time.
    (0)
    Last edited by RabidSquirrel; 09-08-2011 at 04:18 AM.
    If your argument favors realism over fun, you've already lost.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Getting ichi versions of these spells is incredibly annoying because they have 4 hour cast times, making them not worth the time it takes to cast them 99% of the time :/
    (1)

Player
    I'd like to think there's some higher plan at work, but there are only nine levels left and spells with horribly long cast times are still coming out. I guess this is just an oversight on part of some bro on the development team, unless the grand plan is for Ni versions as level 99 merits.

Either way, I'm not optimistic.
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    they could easily add say.. ninjutsu casting time -X% as a new merit catagory, this would solve many issues here. and w/ utsusemi probably near the cap with proper gear already, it could be balanced very effectively. or add a static - casting time to yonin/innin ( or a JT)

i dont see spells comin in ni form due to the ability to cast in succession, same reason its unlijely we'll ever see utsusemi: san. if you could cast the current ichi spells in 1/4th the time with proper gear/merits, would you? would it give you more incentive to cast them?
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So many missing :ni spells... and at this point I doubt we're gonna see any during the 95>99 level cap

Kakka
    Yurin
    Myoshu
    Migawari
    Monomi
    Dokumori
    Jubaku

I can probably understand Migawari, but all the others should definitely get a Ni version (and Myoshu should give a special subtle blow bonus that goes beyond the SB cap, otherwise that too is close to useless in most situations)
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, any decent NIN is going to have 50% subtle blow with af3+2 boots auspice :/
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Nin gets nice spells, be very happy with them. As for the ichi only, i assume that it's to keep balance (although i do find the monomi suspect since tonko has a ni version) in that 1. players must choose when those ichi spells are important enough to be cast and 2. I feel the ichi spells like subtle blow, etc., are mostly used before a fight (buffs) and usually lasts a few mobs before recasting (abyssea) and lasts for most of a single fight outside abyssea (except hnm of course). We have to choose when and which ichi spells are worth the tp trade off during a fight. After all, we are not mages so its just nice to have those ichi spells available to us. As for Migawari, that's a prime example of an ichi spell i feel SE wants us to take a tp lose for because its a great spell thats cast during the the entire fight if it's needed (unlike your decision to cast or not cast a buff like subtle blow, Migawari if it's needed has to be cast and the tp lose is acceptable for such great results). Look at Nin's damage output, its spell assortment, and it's tanking ability. All round fantastic. There's a reason youtube has video's of Nin/Dnc soloing V.T. hydra mobs in Dynamis Beaucedine at 90 and making it look easy, and the solo Faffy Nin fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 09-10-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast