Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I think SE made Kakka: 'Ichi' so you would use it while not engaged.
    (0)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    K... so high level BLM spells you get after 50 should always end in II like "Tornado II" then?
    (0)

3. 09-10-2011 08:56 PM
    Reason
    derp, said already.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    You assume that there will be a second line to this spell. The Store-TP you receive from this will already reduce your number of hits to 100tp by at least 2, possibly 3.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeda
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Nin gets nice spells, be very happy with them. As for the ichi only, i assume that it's to keep balance (although i do find the monomi suspect since tonko has a ni version) in that 1. players must choose when those ichi spells are important enough to be cast and 2. I feel the ichi spells like subtle blow, etc., are mostly used before a fight (buffs) and usually lasts a few mobs before recasting (abyssea) and lasts for most of a single fight outside abyssea (except hnm of course). We have to choose when and which ichi spells are worth the tp trade off during a fight. After all, we are not mages so its just nice to have those ichi spells available to us. As for Migawari, that's a prime example of an ichi spell i feel SE wants us to take a tp lose for because its a great spell thats cast during the the entire fight if it's needed (unlike your decision to cast or not cast a buff like subtle blow, Migawari if it's needed has to be cast and the tp lose is acceptable for such great results). Look at Nin's damage output, its spell assortment, and it's tanking ability. All round fantastic.
    If making a decision between two ninja spells is their idea of a "tough decision," then it's pretty poor. If that is suppose to be a mechanic, the effects need to be greater to cause greater polarity in decision making. Aisha is worthless because you don't get hit enough for it to matter. Yurin is worthless because you don't get hit enough for it to matter. Myoshu is worthless because your subtle blow should be damn near capped by default. Migawari is the only thing that might cause balance problems. Not because of the cast time, but the fact that you'd have it on two timers if there was a Ni version. If there were two timers, you'd be able to keep Migawari up almost indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    There's a reason youtube has video's of Nin/Dnc soloing V.T. hydra mobs in Dynamis Beaucedine at 90 and making it look easy, and the solo Faffy Nin fight.
    The only reason ninja can do that is because of their old abilities, not their new ones. That and because dancer as a sub makes ninja incredibly well-rounded. The uses of the new ninjutsu are limited as it is. The fact that people are more willing to forego their effects than wait 4 seconds (before or during a fight) should be enough to tell you that.
    (1)
    If your argument favors realism over fun, you've already lost.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Aisha is worthless because you don't get hit enough for it to matter. Yurin is worthless because you don't get hit enough for it to matter.
    Aisha is worthless because it doesn't land for any decent duration, if at all, on anything where you'd care about it to begin with. Yurin is wonderful; TP moves and spells are the majority of what will hit a good NIN and reducing that is always welcome in a serious fight.

I'd certainly like to see some spells get the Ni treatment, if only for the reduced cast time.
    (3)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't really think giving us Monomi : Ni will get us overpowered.
    I'd like to see either a duration timer based on ninjutsu skill (for tonko/monomi) and, as for dancer, based on dagger skill.

Nexxus - Cerberus
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Aisha is worthless because it doesn't land for any decent duration, if at all, on anything where you'd care about it to begin with. Yurin is wonderful; TP moves and spells are the majority of what will hit a good NIN and reducing that is always welcome in a serious fight.

I'd certainly like to see some spells get the Ni treatment, if only for the reduced cast time.
    Agreed on everything, love Yurin and aside from Penance it's currently the only thing that can reduce target's TP gain?
    I'd love at least Jubaku: Ni and Kakka: Ni.
    Asking for many other :Ni would probably be hoping for too much...
    Oh and Monomi: Ni too because it's annoying how it doesn't last as long as Tonko :P
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Aisha is a really really strong spell, I wish it actually lasted a decent amount of time and everything tough didn't resist it :/
    (0)

Player
    Could be the same manner as to why we don't jubaku: Ni, because of the power behind it as well as utsusemi: san. Perhaps what SE was trying to do with these spells is develop the opportunity to make NIN more enfeeble worthy rather then just having jutsu that mimiced what a RDM could do.

In that sense yes the cast time is pretty much the penalty when you decide whether it's worth casting or not. If you do consider the utility given with the new jutsu I can understand why we only have ichi. While it would be nice to have Ni I can see where it might be to overpowered to use. Perhaps a better idea would be to actually rename these spells if there is no consideration of making a Ni version. While I understand they want to make it coherent by saying ok this is number one it gives the player the impression that perhaps their is a higher tier we'll see in the future. While in the sense of juabku there is a ni as far as I know all the new jutsus just seem to be player only.

Honestly if SE has no plans to make a Ni version I would recommend them to remove the ichi from each of those spells since they are pretty much independent from the original jutsu spells we've known since NIN was revealed. To keep it as such just gives false hope in thinking perhaps we'll see the quicker casting form of said jutsu when I doubt that'll be the case unless they decide to add it in the tier 2 merits when we reach 99.

Though perhaps there is another way. Instead of receiving the option to obtain the ni version through merits perhaps we could be given the option to enhance the casting time and potency of the spell.

Basically the following spells:
    Aisha
    Yurin
    Myoshu
    Migawari
    Kakka

could all have
    :increase potency 0/5
    :increase cast time/duration 0/5
    With the 0/20 limit

In this sense it would give each NIN the opportunity to customize themselves in the manner they see fit. While sure they only have the option max 2 fully if they want or focus on casting faster or being more potent it would be up to them. Though at least in this manner there wouldn't be as big of an imbalance when it comes to a "ni" version of the spell cause all we'll be getting is the opportunity to enhance the ichi versions to our liking based on which spells we find to be more useful.
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Yurin is a wonderful spell and anyone who says otherwise is a terrible Ninja.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast