Thread: So how's life?

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    Also, Blueyes, don't take Xiaozen too seriously. Once you read some of his other ridiculous posts (the SS atma argument, the animator "hidden effect" silliness), you'll see that while he claims to be a PUP expert he's far from it.
    Although I've actually thought most of your posts were ridiculous, I've never actually said it... >.>''...and yes, sorry to disappoint... I am a PUP expert. :P
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Did WoE #9 again a few times, seeing how different frames hold out.
    1. Forget mage frames. Triple-ice macc-focussed BLMbot does less damage then melee hits during the same time. Healing is also out of the question, HP Down + AoE = death.
    2. Sharpshot's Armor Shatterer does the highest damage of any job I've seen so far, but make sure to use Attuner and Target Marker. You'll be using DEA a lot! Didn't see any big relic/myth/emps though, but they better bring dedicated healers (plural).
    3. Valoredge does solid melee damage, even had Schurzen to keep up the maton a bit longer when it grabbed hate after everything else died. (Although the next attack would usually be a aoe magic, rendering Schurzen useless >_<) Hits harder then a 2H per hit, especially on the boss.

Shame we lacked people on those runs, we got the boss to 30%~40% several times when timing out.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    VE does decent in 11 till the boss. its the only one with enough hp to eat 2-3 drains/black clouds. thunder V seemed to do 1500 but took forever to set up, and it died to aoe after. any puppet i sent into the boss died in 1 aoe/melee swing.. did little to nothing per hit/shot. everything being skele is piercing resistant, so SS dmg is meh and since they are undead, cannibal blade drains 0.

not recommended, personally. you can try to nuke the boss.. that was my best result, but its heavily resisted.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    No xiozen you are not a pup expert.

Blue has a very. solid, grounded, down to earth view on what pup is and has to offer.

Our pets aren't as good/versatile/powerful/useful as the actual job counter part. No ifs, ands or butts about it.
    You claim she has no grasp of the job, then you make rediculous claims like 'the deluxe animator has a noticable affect' over animator +1.

GIVE US PROOF.

I get so tired of saying it, but 99% of the stuff out of your mouth is just blatantly bad advice and trolling.
    (4)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    VE does decent in 11 till the boss. its the only one with enough hp to eat 2-3 drains/black clouds. thunder V seemed to do 1500 but took forever to set up, and it died to aoe after. any puppet i sent into the boss died in 1 aoe/melee swing.. did little to nothing per hit/shot. everything being skele is piercing resistant, so SS dmg is meh and since they are undead, cannibal blade drains 0.

not recommended, personally. you can try to nuke the boss.. that was my best result, but its heavily resisted.
    Use Schurzen. I fought that boss and it's all melee damage, so Schurzen will absorb it. I only lost my maton twice, once due to a Sleepga on myself (BLM next to me pulled hate), and once due to Overload (not 95 yet). I saw avatars mowed down on hits that didn't even phase my maton
    (0)

Character
    Kennx
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm farly new to pup but, I think maybe they should add a new ablity that give your pup speical buffs and party member auras for 3mins at a time per use if you have a party of 2 or people... i'd call it Omnitriloquism which means: multiple simultaneous sounds from one's mouth, using no external aids. something to the effect of this as followed.

Harlequin Head/Frame: Subtle Blow +15 Aura to Party Members in Range of Automation: +10 Subtle Blow (Unable to use Thunder Maneuvers)

Sharpshot Head/Frame: Range ACC+15 Aura to Party Members in Range of Automation: +10% Recycle and Tool expertises (Unable to use Wind Maneuvers)

Valoredge Head/Frame: PDT-15% Aura to Party Members in range of Automation: -10% PDT (Unable to use Earth Maneuvers)

Stormwaker Head/Frame: Fast Cast 10% Aura to Party Members: Fast Cast +5% (Unable to use Water Maneuvers)

Soulsoother Head: 100% Prioritize Curing PUP and Party Members w/o Light Maneuvers Aura to Party Members in range of Automation: Reraise III (Unable to use Water and Light Maneuvers)

Spiritreaver Head: 10% Chance of dealing Double Magic Damage Aura to Party Members in Range of Automation: Magic attack bonus +10% MP Cost -5% (Unable to use Ice and Dark Maneuvers)

I would help pup have a place in exp PTs and well as end game buffer and DD.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kennx; 10-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    No xiozen you are not a pup expert.

Blue has a very. solid, grounded, down to earth view on what pup is and has to offer.

Our pets aren't as good/versatile/powerful/useful as the actual job counter part. No ifs, ands or butts about it.
    You claim she has no grasp of the job, then you make rediculous claims like 'the deluxe animator has a noticable affect' over animator +1.

GIVE US PROOF.

I get so tired of saying it, but 99% of the stuff out of your mouth is just blatantly bad advice and trolling.
    ...it's Xiozen... not "xiozen"... names require capitalization....
    ...it's ridiculous... not "rediculous"... proper grammar...
    ..../sigh.... it's noticeable... not "noticable"...

Its a little difficult to take your post seriously with so many grammatical errors...
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Gael
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    I see xiozen just above your avatar, not Xiozen :P
    Actually Dfoley was right, Xiozen is your character and xiozen is your nickname on the forum

And just to post something constructive, i like Kennx's idea, it's a good way (for me) to make PUP more usefull to other ppl (and a good way to use Harlequin lol... idk for you guys, but i kinda never use it).

It's also a good way to make happy the pups who asked for a brd automaton (of course i guess we should add at least 1 more effect to the aura, like" ranged acc" AND "acc" for the rng auto).

The only bad thing i see about it, is the prohibition of a maneuver. it's not needed imo.

Unfortunately i dont think that SE will do something like that, they made pup as a DD, not as DD/buffer like cor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gael; 10-11-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    ...it's ridiculous... not "rediculous"... proper grammar...
    ..../sigh.... it's noticeable... not "noticable"...

Its a little difficult to take your post seriously with so many grammatical errors...
    Actually, it's "xiozen". It's a nickname written with a lowercase "x", so the usage was correct.
    And you overlooked "affect". It should be written as "effect" in this case.
    The Deluxe Animator affects the automaton, but it's effect is poorly understood.
    The Deluxe Animator effects changes in the behaviour of the automaton, but the effects are poorly understood.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So that proves what? xiozen is poor chinese for xiuzhen (susan). At best it is a fantasy name you created and as such is not a proper name and deems no capitalization necessary.

All your post did was prove 2 things.
    1) You really aren't a pup expert sense your retort had nothing to do with defending that claim
    2) You are semi-grammar nazi? Spelling/grammar are great and all, but check your own posts first buddy. Anyone who is going to make that claim needs to be 100% sure their own work isn't tarnished.

Its vs It's:

Happens in every one of your posts.
    • It's is short for It is, as in "It's a nice day to feed trolls."
    • Its is the possessive form of it. "Its properties aren't fully understood". You can’t expand Its into "It is properties aren't fully understood"
    I have never claimed to be a pup expert. I know a lot about the job and it is my main/favorite job, however I relent the title of expert to people like Anza and Theytak who clearly show a far better grasp of the math behind it.

That doesn't mean I am an idiot, because most of the testing done on what stats affect our pets WSC was me, as was some of the testing on overload rates of +2 body and the affects of newly released attachments.

The thing is, I have done actual testing that can be verified by other people by replicating my setup. You (xiozen) have not. You make tons of claims and opinions with no facts or evidence to back it up, and anytime anyone asks for even an example you change the subject.

So again, my original point... No xiozen, you are not a PUP expert, and should be barred from giving people 'advice'.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast