Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post
    I agree with that assessment of what will likely happen, as I posted in my general discussion post introducing this megapost:
    "I'm fully aware that this is a ton of text and most of it likely won't get translated and presented to the developers unless there is enough positive feedback for the ideas presented. I can only hope the people who do translate this sort of thing like the ideas enough to translate it all because they want to see it happen as much as me!"

I just had to get it all off my chest, since it had been swirling around in my head for months.
    Well it makes me feel a little better that you knew the futility of it before you posted, but still, I can't help but feel empathetic. It's just kinda depressing to see someone dish out so many hours of productive activity knowing that the people that can do something with it (devs) aren't going to. It's hard not to imagine how much time and effort you put into it, and then remember how much the dev team ignores the English-speaking community even on smaller great ideas that DO get translated and sent their way.

But yeah, hope you had fun with it, at least. There are lots of bits and pieces that are definitely fodder for great future content. You might want to cherry-pick some of the best ideas and have someone translate them for you so they can go on the JP forums. If it generates enough buzz from their community there's a chance, albeit slight, that the devs will at least take a look.

I'd stay away from presenting anything suggesting new jobs, though, as I'm sure they see as many of those kinds of ideas on the JP forums as we see here, and there's pretty much no chance at new jobs at this point in the game.
    (3)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All I have to say is kudos for the OP!
    I wish people like you had an outlet for this kind of thought.
    (3)

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    first of all grats for putting alot of tought and effort to it, i have skiped alot of reading but your merit system really got my attention. there are alot of potential there for implementention (partially because they can be added to the current merit system and since the devs are lazy nowadays they would just go to the easiest route anyway) i would sugest 2 things : add a shield block rate merit also and copy your merit idea into another thread so it will be easier to catch the devs eyes.
    (1)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post
    And that about does it for now!

I'm sure I'll find something to add here and there... and I have to go back through and add a few hyperlinks.
    Very nice, even if people tell you this is waste of time, ignore it. The amount of time and effort put into this massive post shows your thoughts clearly, hopefully the dev team will notice it, even if it might not be considered/implemented for a while. /like
    (2)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i did skimmed through most of your whole post and i must say that it was an amazing read. so many great ideas that would easily fit into lore of vanadiel and current game mechanics. there was hardly anything i wouldn't want to be added to the game from your ideas (although some of those ideas are now overwritten (idk if that is the right word) by the recent announcement of SoA). if i knew japanese, i would happily translate all this stuff part by part slowly if there was no one else willing to do it any faster.

also, as long as you enjoy this, it is never a waste of time. we are no one to judge how you spend your free time if you actually enjoy what you do.

some suggestions i can give off the top of my head;
    *judgemaster sounds a bit weird etymologically (?), no? something like "justiciar" or simply "judge" would sound better imo, just a thought.
    *about chemist's move-find item trait (...FFT ; ; ): you worried about potential RMT abuse if the findable items were to be convensional mats, but there is a pretty simple solution to that. those items can simply be only a very small piece of the whole thing like "trace of X", "pinch of Y" etc which would also make more sense for the chemist to be able to carry in their "extra" sachets in great quantities rather than stuffing a bunch of ores, logs w/e into their pockets XD. you know in chemistry, it is all about working with minuscule amounts. also, those items would have a new item tag like "ch" for chemistry. another option is, yet kinda illogical, if it would be too much work to rename all those items (and possibly rewrite descriptions), then the items found this way can be just be turned into an "exlusive" type version of said items on the spot with a new item tag (see first option) but same name, same description.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 11-13-2012 at 07:58 AM.

A simple document/contract signed by OP stating that he gives SE express permission to use any and all of his ideas, and absolute agreance to the release any rights and without any persual of financial beneficiaries that may potentially arise for the use of said ideas would work like a treat :P
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Wow, it's been a while... (SE decided they didn't like my payment method, didn't feel like taking the trouble to enter a new one, given the state of the game, and what I've seen since...) Anyway... nice to see some of the feedback. Looks like some of my requests have actually been implemented from other posts and submissions to the formal "suggestion box". (Yay for widescan and increased movement speed!)

Guess this got lost... too much to read for most people anyway. Glad it's still around. I like re-reading it
    (0)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Looks pretty nice.
    The name could use some work though.
    I can't really imagine JDG in use.
    (For judgemaster)
    (0)