Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Soulrunner
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    This is a really bad idea, it's already hard enough to convince 4 people to come out and cover yellow much worse to get a red team and a blue team. Basically the more people involved in most abyssean fights the longer and worse off the fight is. But I agree only a few classes of use, my ls doesn't even bring Rdm to events anymore. We don't have a bard in the ls someone can sub bard and do everything we need a bard to do. A fix is not required to remedy this, an expansion is.
    (1)
    Really!? I can go now? Where am I going? Why do you look angry? Why yes I suppose I would be angry if someone had just shoved a fish that big up my butt too, but I don't see how that affects me at the moment.

Well, what I think is the worst about these procs is that there is always one single spell that is the right proc (in each category). What if several spells could be potential proccers on the same mob, and what if even skillchains could be part of these? I think it would be better if instead of a blm/brd being almost required to cover a decent amount of procs is pretty ridiculous. What if the "proccing spells" were changed to be lower level ones, so that they could be gotten from subs more easily?

Imagine an abyssea where you could come with a sam/war, drk/nin, and and like rdm/brd and still cover 80% of possible grellows, but at the same time, whm, blu/sch and war/nin would also cover about the same amount of procs?.

Now don't ask me to balance it all, i can't do all of SEs work after all. They should be able to work out some way to let more job combinations cover a larger amount of procs, without making the current most desired jobs even more desired.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-06-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    A solution like that won't make the proc system better than it is now. It'll just open up for even more soloing/duoing since you'll be guaranteed to be able to proc. Who wants to share drops if you don't need to, right?
    Because in my system, the more players, the more drops. So who wants to kill in 20 min solo what you can kill in a couple min with a 6 man party and get 6X the drops.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've bounced around between large egls abyssea farms and low-manning stuff with friends. Even with the larger group where procs are #1 there's still room for the other jobs. As mentioned before, if the person is good at their job (cor, sch,drg, smn, etc) they're still contributing greatly to the group, and hopefully will be welcomed. Every job offers a lot of goodies.

And low-manning, sure there are jobs more smiled upon, but doing that with friends, hopefully they're more open to FUN. Hopefully everyone can be flexible.

Lastly, i don't have a helluvalot of friends in this game, but i still don't rely on /sh jeuno pt's to accomplish anything. If some stranger is giving you grief over your job selection.....%^&* him.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Just because jobs can be easily leveled, does not mean people want to play those jobs and find them fun.

Some people seem to forget this is a game we're playing, and we want it to be enjoyable.
    Thank you, this is exactly the thing here.

It's like what's the point in playing my job if I have to play other jobs to get my specific job equipment?
    That's just dumb to me, no matter how I look at it.

It's also like, you pick a job at the start because you like it. Why should I be force to play something I don't like?
    (2)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juri_Licious View Post
    Name one time you haven't seen WAR BLU WHM BLM THF NIN or gtfo in a Jueno shout?
    any shoot for BLU drop

also about proc job:

@95 /nin(sam) can get ei(koki) with cooking katana(wooden katana),merit,hachimaki, ring
    @99 /nin get koki with merits/ F.helm+1/torque/ ring/bushi giving war/nin ALL red
    (0)
    Last edited by hiko; 09-06-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Juri_Licious View Post
    Thank you, this is exactly the thing here.

It's like what's the point in playing my job if I have to play other jobs to get my specific job equipment?
    That's just dumb to me, no matter how I look at it.

It's also like, you pick a job at the start because you like it. Why should I be force to play something I don't like?
    I agree with this especially for casual players with limited play time. When I started playing ffx1 around two years ago I spent over a year leveling smn before I even realized it didn't offer much for the end game. My focus was mostly on xp expecting wonderful fun later after putting so much investment into my character (my dues). I can say that being forced to level alternative jobs detracts from the experience of having a main to focus your energy on. Also, it detracts from learning a job like the back of one's hand.

It comes down to if a person is motivated to play to be efficient or to have fun (can do both). I tend to favor fun but game favors efficiency. The fun orientated folks deserve a few breaks also namely the ability to proc on favorite jobs. I'd venture to guess that efficiency is fun for some folks, but the game should accommodate both. Shutting the fun jobs out of Abyssea in favor of Voidwatch don't count because imo Abyssea is very significant content to be left of of.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neonii; 09-06-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Come on, guys. You've been on notice that WAR and BLM are really useful for proccing stuff in Abyssea for over a year now. It's old news, just like Abyssea itself. Surely you've had the opportunity in that time to level such a job.

Yes, the distribution of Abyssea procs is a little....weird, maybe, but after a year of running poor Chloris into the ground does anybody really want to set about reinventing the wheel and making this more complicated than it needs to be?

I'm not unsympathetic, but come on.

Really.

Well, what I think is the worst about these procs is that there is always one single spell that is the right proc (in each category). What if several spells could be potential proccers on the same mob, and what if even skillchains could be part of these?
    This'd be better, though I would prefer to keep the current spread of procs and just have two potential weaknesses.
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-07-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Come on, guys. You've been on notice that WAR and BLM are really useful for proccing stuff in Abyssea for over a year now. It's old news, just like Abyssea itself. Surely you've had the opportunity in that time to level such a job.
    Just saying, not everyone has been playing over a year. And not everyone has the same resources, know how, classes or team for these said seals.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Everybody playing right now has been playing over a year. Maybe one or two guys came out of the wordwork and were all HEY WHATS UP IN THIS EIGHT-YEAR-OLD GAME I ONLY JUST NOW DECIDED TO PLAY AND SUBSEQUENTLY GET IN TO END GAME AND NOT JUST QUIT AFTER A WEEK AFTER BEING COMPLETELY ALIENATED BY THIS STONE AGE INTERFACE AND CONTROL SCHEME but they are the outliers.

Sorry; don't kid yourself. If World of Warcraft is not attracting new players, I find it hard to believe that a game with 0 (zero) advertising budget is raking them in.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast