Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    i never find alcilly online ,i would like to join myself to.
    (0)

Character
    Celene
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 75
    Hi there,

I've just returned from a 2 year break, and I seem a bit lost! My old shell is still around and kicking, but it would be nice to meet new people and experience things differently.

I'm EST, and my play time is usually evenings and weekends.
    (0)

Character
    Mogul
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    Hi, I just came across your thread, and I was wondering if you guys were still active? I made a thread in the general forums earlier about looking for a linkshell or group of people that like to play the more old fashioned, casual way instead of the Abyssea leeching, speed leveling that seems to be the norm now. I know it might be an acceptable way to level now, but it's just not for me. It's way more rewarding to do the leveling yourself, imo.

That said, I was hoping that maybe you guys were still active and recruiting? I'd love to have some like-minded friends to play the game with. I'm on Bismark right now, but I just made my character, so I can easily switch. The hardest part will be deciding on a new name, as mine is already taken...by me on an older account .

Hope to hear from you guys.
    Hi,Yes we are still active.Some members have come and quit the game.But we are still going.If still interested send Mogul a tell
    (0)

Character
    Mogul
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Celene View Post
    Hi there,

I've just returned from a 2 year break, and I seem a bit lost! My old shell is still around and kicking, but it would be nice to meet new people and experience things differently.

I'm EST, and my play time is usually evenings and weekends.
    Hi.Yes our linkshell is still going send Mogul a tell.
    (0)

Character
    Mogul
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoraxis View Post
    i never find alcilly online ,i would like to join myself to.
    Our Linkshell is still active.Send Mogul a tell.He plays everyday.
    (0)

Character
    Pichasos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Hello, looking for a home as well for me and my bro'. Starting out new accounts, but we still have a thrill for the game {^_^};
    (0)

Character
    Lilmercer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I would love to join!
    (0)

Character
    Mogul
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    If anyone is interested send a tell to either Mogul, Alcilly or Yonyun.
    (0)

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    This sounds refreshing, actually. I'll have to look into hopping aboard if for nothing else, just to interact with people, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Payle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    Hello,

I've recently re-subbed myself and like the idea of actually grouping up and doing things, instead of "book burning", as it's put in the opening post. I started playing FFXI with the US PC launch and part of what really "hooked" me on the game was the idea of grouping up with others to hunt mobs, do quests, etc.

Over time, as SE made the game more solo/duo friendly I started to see that sorta slipping away and it became harder and harder to get any kind of group activity going. Everyone just wanted to do FoV stuff, etc. Then of course came the Astral Burn parties so people could PL up that way. Finally, there was Abyssea, which was the final nail in the coffin for me, for reasons that have certainly been well-discussed by now. I gave it a few tries, trying to keep an open mind, but it just didn't do it for me.

I moved to Phoenix on the promise of a new LS starting up that sought to do things the "old-fashioned way". No Astral burn parties. No power-leveling. Just good old group-based xp parties, questing parties, etc. You know, that whole Adventuring thing that so many loved FFXI for. The idea lasted for a bit, until some people in the LS got infected with the "Abyssea bug" and got a taste of leeching free xp in there. The infection spread, 'til the LS ultimately fell apart and disbanded.

After that, I had pretty much given up on XI entirely. It wasn't the game I played for those years and loved.

Lately I've been seeing murmurs of SE adding more content, or of people otherwise grouping up and doing content outside of Abyssea, doing quests and such. I decided to see if, maybe, I could find a group that was really sticking to this, on either Phoenix, or Asura. Since Pandemonium was my original "home" for all those years, my idea is to come back here. If I can find a good, solid LS to join and try to recapture at least some of what I used to enjoy about the game, then it would be worth the transfer fee. Easily. Otherwise, I may as well stay on Phoenix and try my luck there.

Anyway!

I like the sound of this LS, so I'll be looking for someone in-game
    (0)
    Last edited by ScreamingInDigital; 01-22-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast