Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Harnao
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

[dev1024] New SCH Spells

This may not be considered a "bug" per sey, however it is an odd concept I noticed.

Kaustra and Embrava are level 5 spells that can only be cast while under Tabula Rasa. However, when SCH is a sub job, that spells are present in the spell list however the spells are always uncastable. As far as I know, there are no other similar situations in the game where a spell is listed and there is no way to make that spell castable.

The spell does meet all the criteria of being "allowed' to show up in the list but it seems wrong that an uncastable spell should be there.

I'm not sure the Tabula Rasa idea is the way to go with this spell. I know the intent is to make the spell very hard to cast. Maybe a good alterantive would be 30% of max MP as well as all availible strategem charges be availible and used on casting.

Its not entirely unreasonable to remove the Tabula Rasa condition as, while SCH is not BLM, it is bsically comerable to any higher tier BLM spell that SCH has no access too (I.E. Burst II, etc.)

Just a thought.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Post it in the bug section for sure. No need giving those other mages false hopes for something so powerful!
    But seriously you are correct. Being SCH exclusive I would certainly say they need to look into making it disappear much like WHM and NIN specific JAs seeing as our spell lists are quite extensive as is. And while you're at it, toss them a line at taking Klimaform off that list too.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    Are people really upset about Klimaform? It was practically worthless on Scholar itself until Empyrean feet were introduced. It's completely worthless for Black Mage since Magic Accuracy shouldn't matter, the only job it really affects is Red Mage and I'd rather not kick them in the teeth more than they have been.

As for removing these from Tabula Rasa, I kind of agree. Remove them from the game, for 2Hour spells they're not that great (though Odin and Alexander are the only comparison). I'd much rather have had Embrava and Kaustra split into normal spells. Native Haste (and Accession Haste). Adloquium based off Enhancing skill with an average set giving 2~3TP/tic. Regen V, though I'm very disappointed with the Regen aspect of Embrava but it wouldn't hurt to actually have the best Regen spell so something like Healing Helices could even be considered.
    For Kaustra, four Helices with elemental properties based off Lv.2 Skillchains (Fusion/Gravitation/etc.) with duration based off skill. Would tic the same as regular Helices and damage would obviously be adjusted.

Really, I think that would have been a much better addition to Scholar than two 2Hour spells. Since they're separate they wouldn't be overpowered and obviously they'd be balanced out if needed. At this point I just want Regen V and Haste, I wouldn't mind taking Regen expertise away from White Mage. As for Haste, we get a very potent version a Lv.5 but never learn it natively? That simply just doesn't make sense.
    (4)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Agreed.. haste is the best part of embrava, but that's kind of weird two hour buff for a job without native haste or even sj haste till 80/99. I'm not even convinced kaustra would be overpowered as is without two hour requirement, but I'd gladly take dual elemental helices with kaustra's duration formula. Embrava could be a cool buff if they took out two hour requirement and scaled haste back, but whatever.

Man remember that thread in the general forum complaining that kaustra was just like odin and odin should be buffed because of it?

As for klimaform.. I more find it funny its subbable since its af, but I agree that it doesn't rightly matter. Recast/duration already limited its usefullness, I don't see blm or rdm caring about it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ank; 09-03-2011 at 02:55 AM.

We have made a couple of changes based on player feedback.
    • The skill level necessary to produce more potent Haste/Regen effects in Embrava have been reduced *With these changes, you'll notice a more potent effect
    • The DoT damage for Kaustra increased
    (12)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yay!Finally!
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Are people really upset about Klimaform? It was practically worthless on Scholar itself until Empyrean feet were introduced. It's completely worthless for Black Mage since Magic Accuracy shouldn't matter, the only job it really affects is Red Mage and I'd rather not kick them in the teeth more than they have been.

As for removing these from Tabula Rasa, I kind of agree. Remove them from the game, for 2Hour spells they're not that great (though Odin and Alexander are the only comparison). I'd much rather have had Embrava and Kaustra split into normal spells. Native Haste (and Accession Haste). Adloquium based off Enhancing skill with an average set giving 2~3TP/tic. Regen V, though I'm very disappointed with the Regen aspect of Embrava but it wouldn't hurt to actually have the best Regen spell so something like Healing Helices could even be considered.
    For Kaustra, four Helices with elemental properties based off Lv.2 Skillchains (Fusion/Gravitation/etc.) with duration based off skill. Would tic the same as regular Helices and damage would obviously be adjusted.

Really, I think that would have been a much better addition to Scholar than two 2Hour spells. Since they're separate they wouldn't be overpowered and obviously they'd be balanced out if needed. At this point I just want Regen V and Haste, I wouldn't mind taking Regen expertise away from White Mage. As for Haste, we get a very potent version a Lv.5 but never learn it natively? That simply just doesn't make sense.
    I agree too. Klimaform being AF1 for SCH is a technicality. It's a spell and every other subbable spell is usable, regardless of how it's acquired. Weapon AF1s of course can't be equipped from SJ because they're weapons. I like that SCH got a spell for an AF1 instead of a useless weapon, and I'd like the usefulness to extend to SCH SJ, however situational it is.

I'm getting less and less excited about Kaustra and Embrava. Kaustra doesn't seem any better than a BLM Blizzaja that can be used at any time. Embrava seems like three spells or upgrades we've been asking for forever as normal abilities, but limited to 2 hours. As stated, I'd rather have tier II dual-element helices instead of Kaustra, castable at any time, Accessionable Haste (even if I have to wait until 96 and SCH main is the only one that can do it) and Regen V.

It still bothers me that with the low popularity of SCH and the wealth of suggestions on the forum to improve it, the only thing we'll get in the course of now 20 levels and 2 years is Perpetuance and two spells usable every two hours.
    (1)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Immanence is good too, but it totally burns through your stratagems. ; ;

I agree with you , though. I would have preferred regular spells instead of the over-hyped 2-hr spells, as long as they would have actually been useful (I'm looking at you, Animus & Adloquium.). Oh well, at least we're getting something. Blizzard V and Fire V don't hurt either.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Immanence is good too, but it totally burns through your stratagems. ; ;

I agree with you , though. I would have preferred regular spells instead of the over-hyped 2-hr spells, as long as they would have actually been useful (I'm looking at you, Animus & Adloquium.). Oh well, at least we're getting something. Blizzard V and Fire V don't hurt either.
    I do love Immanance, especially when soloing or duo. I agree about Bliz V and Fire V too. I don't want to make it seem like I'm not looking forward to anything for SCH in the update, but two spells I already expected aren't that interesting to me, and don't really fit in with the concept of having a feedback forum and test server, which so far has resulted in 2-hour only spells for a bottom 5 job.
    (3)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    blizzard v fire v and eventually thunder five will not hurt, i would just like more unique or advanced ways to damage enemies. advanced/combo weather effects, tier two helix, possibly a healing helix and maybe even a stratagem that aoe's tier 1 helix spells and tier 1-4 elemental magic. those dont seem too hard to add to scholar.

though more than anything, i would like the dev team to confirm or deny our requests so we know what to look forward to.
    (1)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast