Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    While I have doubts that SE will make a spell that absorbs Dispel (especially multi-effect variants) currently you can do your best to maximize the number of buffs on the tank or yourself to prevent Dispel from taking out anything useful.

Even garbage buffs like barstatus spells from White Mage or the enmity spell from Scholar start to become very useful in these situations. Definitely helpful for the time being, or at least until there is a buff like that.
    I think that is the entire point of Sotek's post. You shouldn't need to cast a bunch of garbage spells in order to keep your enhanced buffs from being dispelled so easily. I think this should definitely be the case for Embrava.

Perhaps we could get a piece of gear that enhances Perpetuance. It could allow you to "resist" dispel more often or place the Perpetuanced buff at the end of the list so that it will be dispelled last. I have no idea how you would code that of course.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree with the Resist Dispel suggestions, especially now with Embrava.

Although since it's a 2 hour spell, during the time you're applying Embrava you also have the freedom to stack every other buff as protection at low MP, long duration and low recast.

Still, for a buff-reliant job like SCH it makes perfect sense and would very welcome to have a JA, gear or trait that "protects" buffs. In fact, I'd be happy if it were simply Perpetuance that did it, as well as maybe RDM's empyrean set bonus to Composure. Such a trait or gear enhancement would be especially applicable to SCH and RDM considering those jobs will likely not be able to give the possible Bardark to a party member.
    (1)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Seconded on buff protection!
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9