Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Salvage Updates!

When is this gonna happen!? Specifically, updates to Salvage gear and the acquisition of Alexandrite?

Salvage Equipment: I feel Salvage gear should be done in the way of +1/+2 AF3 gear, instead of having them augment-able. I think there would be a problem making them augmentable anyways, considering that a set amount of stats (8-10 ish) can be only any one piece of gear at any time (I believe that was said years ago in a dev Q&A). If it's +1/+2 able, that means they could make updated set upgrades as well! Please consider this. Also consider that SCH nor DNC are on any of the sets!

Assaults: Assault tags should be at least on a 12 hour per tag refresh, and at best on an 8 hour per tag refresh rate. This way 2-3 assaults can be done each day instead of 1 a day or waiting every 4 days to do 4-5 assaults. Assaults are no longer hard at all (for example my Salvage static of three destroyed all of the FL assaults in 1-2 mins flat), but the fact that they are still on 1 tag per day timers is way silly, considering there is so much to do now in a typical FFXI gaming day. This also indirectly assists in the acquisition of Nyzul Tokens for Mythic.

Alexandrite: Honestly, after working on Tizona on and off for years, I have to say this is the only glaring problem with creating any mythic weapon... I believe the devs said they won't be decreasing the 30k Alex amount, which is fine if they created tons of ways to acquire Alexandrite.

1) Chariot Bosses should drop multiple bags of Linen Purses (2-3) and at least one or two of the purses should be a 100% drop rate.

2) Linen and Cotton Purses should put out a more decent amount of Alex. It can still be a random amount, but just more received. Cotton should have an output of 15~30 Alex, and Linen should have an output of 70~99.

3) All Non-Boss, Archaic Machinery (Gears, Ramparts, Chariots) should be dropping at least 1-2 Alex 100% of the time, followed by an extra 1-2 that's highly dependent on Treasure Hunter.

Subtle changes like these could vastly increase the amount of Alexandrite on every server without damaging the balance of circulation and prestige of obtaining a Mythic.

P.S.: To be honest, a bigger update would be simply reducing Alex costs to 15k instead of 30k, but that's too hopeful a change.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shoko; 09-01-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Character
    Slammer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    the entire toau content needs a re-vamp.

Salvage and assault should have no restrictions.
    alexandrites drop too little per run to accumulate 3000 Stacks!
    Assault re-clear is foolish. why do something over again?? when you did all 50 once to attain captain tag.
    ZNM's? lol Situational gear at best. *but some is better than Pink Thf's*
    (0)
    Levi server

I agree. ToAU was probably FFXI's golden age and it's kinda depressing to see it (or any of the old content to be honest) left untouched. If old events like sky, sea, assault were given the dynamis treatment people would be having a ball. There are so many things in this game people have never tried because they were so poorly executed or quickly overshadowed by more engaging events. case and point; evolith, every assault that didn't give you enough points for salvage, pankration, just about every quest, most BCNM/ENM/ISNM. The devs basically remove level caps and let players go nuts. The excitement quickly fades when you realize there isn't a challenge anymore :/

edit: oh yeah, with the advent of level syncing and gear that doesn't fall off after scaling down you would think there would be a whole bunch of reworked level capped content but.... nope.avi
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Salvage was terrible in my opinion and I'm glad it is gone. Alexandrites were also terrible and the game would only be better if that step was removed.

I still don't get why people ask for old content to be rehashed. That is like asking to redo first grade in school because you only got to do it one year and you miss it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Player
    Yes, updates to Mythic quests / Alexandrite drop rates would be unbelievably welcome.

Look at the numbers of Mythics made compared to the number of Relics or Empyreans. 6640 Relics, 27,217 Empyreans, 512 Mythics.

Less than one tenth the number of Relics, not even one *fiftieth* of the number of Empyreans.

Currently, I can do Dynamis duo, and on a bad day come away with 80 currency. Let's say no one is willing to loan me 3k currency, so I need, at most, 17.9k currency. That's 223 days of dynamis at most, and I'm done, less a day for every hundred piece I get. (186 days if I get a loan)

I *can't* do Salvage duo, and when I get the 3 people to do it, on a bad day I come away with 40 Alexandrite. I need 30k of this, so that's 750 days of that, and then I have four other serious tasks to complete. 100k Ichor, 150k Nyzul tokens, all 50 assault clears again, and killing a minimum of 30 NMs that I need to take close to a thousand pictures to pop.

*please* adjust Alexandrite drop rates/ amounts to the extent that, at most, you need a comparable number of salvage runs to dynamis runs to finish.

I.e, each salvage run will give you, at minimum, 1/200 of the needed Alexandrite to finish. 1/100 would be more comparable to Relic difficulty, given the additional mythic requirements.

(And while yes, you can buy Alexandrtie to speed this up, you can do the same with ancient currency, and given the prices on the two are similar on most servers, the ratio of time spent doesn't change.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Foldypaws; 09-09-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Player
    Add archaic machinery to every abyssea zone. Have them drop alexandrite at the same rate as the one's in salvage. Problem solved.

Been spamming salvage recently (because skadi feet are STILL the only movement speed+ for BST, even though SE has seen fit to give the other 19 jobs easily obtained NM drops.) and even with TH on every enemy, in bhaflau, which is the best alexandrite area as far as I know, what with 2 whole floors of nothing but machinery, We still average like 40 a run if the boss doesn't drop a purse. (which he's done once in 15 runs.)

That's just stupid. That'd be stupid if that was the only requirement. With the ichor, tokens, ZNM trophies and redoing of assault, 3,000 alexandrite is too big of a requirement like this!
    (0)

Player
    Actually, I'd say there's a better way (well, maybe not better, but it does tone things down somewhat) to solve the alexandrite-vs.-everything-else issue for mythics:

Once you've flagged the quest for your mythic, everything (well, almost) on that path rewards you with alexandrite in addition to the normal rewards - you get a private chest at the end of each Assault, Einherjar room, or multiple-of-5 floor of Nyzul which has a pouch. (I'd lean towards a linen one only on Einherjar, and cotton otherwise.) Trading in a picture gets you a single.

On average, this should give out somewhere in the neighborhood of ~9k Alexandrite just in "bonuses". If you're running through Salvage daily as well, over the ~8 months it takes to get everything else done (and the limiting factor on that particular part is Assault tags - it takes about six and a half months worth of just Nyzul to rack up 150k tokens, assuming you're just farming floors 1-5 for the tokens) you'd have around another 10k.

(So this should probably be done in conjunction with a reduction in needed Alexandrite to about 20k - which puts the time frame for a mythic at roughly the same as that for a relic.)
    (1)

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Salvage was terrible in my opinion and I'm glad it is gone. Alexandrites were also terrible and the game would only be better if that step was removed.

I still don't get why people ask for old content to be rehashed. That is like asking to redo first grade in school because you only got to do it one year and you miss it.
    You missed the advent of what I'm saying. I'm not asking for a rehash, I'm asking for drops (especially alexandrite) to be made easier. Also asking for faster assault tags and updated Salvage gear. Salvage was one of the best events ever next to Limbus. However, the drop rate was very poor, and now it's worse simply because people would rather do Abyssea due to it's easy mode/easy drops gameplay. That's not to say Salvage isn't as easy, only that people have a lot more other things to do, to have to spend significant time doing Salvage daily.

I feel the drop rates on Alex should increase to match the times and how the game has changed-- no one should have to do a run and receive 5~20 Alex pieces, for example (this including a THF and TH7~9 on the Mega Boss).
    (0)
    Last edited by Shoko; 09-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Player
    Still want archaic machinery in abyssea. They put acroliths in there, and those only exist inside nyzul, why not gears? If we can just get people to level on them, there'd at least be enough alexandrite entering the system to buy them. You'd have to buy a stupidly high number, but that's better than having to get them all yourself.
    (0)

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Gears exist in Abyssea - Uleguerand. However, they don't drop any Alexandrite at all. I'm pretty sure the reasoning is because, based on the storyline Alzadaal Undersea Ruins is the actual form of Alexander, so the developers would only want Alexandrite to drop from Salvage, with Nyzul Isle being another possibility.

If this is the case, they really need to up the drop rates in Salvage at least. That or chop off a good deal from the total Alexandrite needed.
    (0)