Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Name/Race change idea

While i'm fully aware this may not be possible, i know i'm not alone when i say, some of us made some bad decisions starting the game, took a few wrong turns, smoked the wrong bong, didnt know what we were doing, ect. By the time we realized we didnt like our name or race, we've already progressed so far into the game, its really just not worth starting the game over again just to grow a tail or to change your character name. Now i think being given the ability to change your character name should be easy enough since its been implemented during world transfers and world mergers. Hell, if any of you mods are reading this, tell square enix to give us the ability to change our character names (perhaps with a certain max # of times we can do so per character to avoid abuse of the feature) from the pol client (just like world transfer) and if they want to make a quick few bucks on the idea, they can charge like 5 bucks for each time you want to do so. I think being given the ability to change your race and character model should follow a very similar formula. Select the option from the pol client, pay the fee (i'd imagine 5~10 dollars) and make sure you post a warning with something to the effect of Please make sure this character isn't wearing any race specific armor when changing his or her race, having so would result in the loss of said item. (this would be much like when we did world transfer we'd loose anything in our delivery boxes. I don't know about you all but i'd LOVE to be able to change my character name, so very dearly.
    (9)

Character
    Joeywheeler
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    While I don't see this happening I would love not being a bald hume anymore, started to really love tarutaru the more i played. I'd pay 5-10 to change race in a heartbeat.
    (3)

Player
    everyone! like this post if you appreciate and approve of the idea!
    (3)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I'm sorry this topic is a dead horse, and you're beating it. I'm never going to support the ability to change names, without switching servers in the process, for very obvious reasons. You've made a name for yourself, good or bad, get used to it or make a new character. Harsh? Maybe. You've made a good name for yourself? Fine, then why change your name? Made a bad name for yourself (reputation wise)? I want to know who I'm playing with, if you've made a bad name for yourself, allowing you to switch names is stupid and unfair. You've made "bad" choices, you have to live with them or server hop. I don't want all the dicks I've met changing their names because they know everyone hates them just so some one who made a poor choice in their character creation process, months or years ago, can change their name for the hell of it.

If you're name is that bad, you would've noticed sooner and made a new character.

Race changing is a different matter but I wouldn't dare combine the two ideas. So, no, I do not appreciate nor approve of this dead horse, never have, never will.
    (4)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'd like to see a possibility to change name, face and race in this game. I've always approved of it and for years wanted to change my character.

So I started over. It sucks starting over, but it's much easier today to start over than it was even two years ago. Abyssea helps a lot.

I'm very pleased with my current character. My taru is perfect now! <3
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    If SE won't even allow same sex marriages in Vana'diel they certainly aren't going to allow transgender mithras and galkas.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyeriis View Post
    I'm sorry this topic is a dead horse, and you're beating it. I'm never going to support the ability to change names, without switching servers in the process, for very obvious reasons. You've made a name for yourself, good or bad, get used to it or make a new character. Harsh? Maybe. You've made a good name for yourself? Fine, then why change your name? Made a bad name for yourself (reputation wise)? I want to know who I'm playing with, if you've made a bad name for yourself, allowing you to switch names is stupid and unfair. You've made "bad" choices, you have to live with them or server hop. I don't want all the dicks I've met changing their names because they know everyone hates them just so some one who made a poor choice in their character creation process, months or years ago, can change their name for the hell of it.

If you're name is that bad, you would've noticed sooner and made a new character.

Race changing is a different matter but I wouldn't dare combine the two ideas. So, no, I do not appreciate nor approve of this dead horse, never have, never will.
    you know someone once told me that we shouldn't sell guns because they kill people. most people who want to change their names just want to do so because their name is stupid or something. And so what if the person did make a bad name for themselves? maybe people like that want to start over instead of being ignored and harassed by other players like you. Also, please note that SE can always implement a limit onto the idea like 1 change per character in a life time, or 1 change per year allowed or something.... relax bud.... a lot of people support this
    (2)
    Last edited by MercenaryX; 04-23-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MercenaryX View Post
    you know someone once told me that we shouldn't sell guns because they kill people. most people who want to change their names just want to do so because their name is stupid or something. And so what if the person did make a bad name for themselves? maybe people like that want to start over instead of being ignored and harassed by other players like you. Also, please note that SE can always implement a limit onto the idea like 1 change per character in a life time, or 1 change per year allowed or something.... relax bud.... a lot of people support this
    And even more people are against it for the already stated obvious reason. Barking at me about "harassing" people (what?) who have made a bad name for themselves by being complete dicks, ninja lotters, having harassed people, and worse doesn't help your "case" at all. It only serves to question whether or not you are one such person. If they want people to think of them differently, then they need to work for it, not get off problem free by changing their name without losing anything.

Also, you're analogy on not selling guns doesn't work because, that would be like selling a gun to some one who has already killed some one with one. They've already done damage, no point in letting them do it again. Relax "bud", it's never going to happen.
    (0)

Player
    And even more people are against it for the already stated obvious reason. Barking at me about "harassing" people (what?) who have made a bad name for themselves by being complete dicks, ninja lotters, having harassed people, and worse doesn't help your "case" at all. It only serves to question whether or not you are one such person. If they want people to think of them differently, then they need to work for it, not get off problem free by changing their name without losing anything.

Also, you're analogy on not selling guns doesn't work because, that would be like selling a gun to some one who has already killed some one with one. They've already done damage, no point in letting them do it again. Relax "bud", it's never going to happen.
    You realize that even though the internet gives anonymity things like spelling mannerisms and behavior translate over. BG has kept a cross server warning and background section that has been a great resource for years. Mad that a repeated ninja lotter came and and stole your shit? Shit is entirely avoidable if your not a idiot shell that lets complete strangers in with no background checks whatsoever.

And because it wasn't spelled out clear enough just because bad people can abuse the system to hurt people doesn't make the system evil.
    (2)

Character
    Krisan
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

With all the server mergers and crap that's gone on, a lot of people lost their character names. It kinda sucks for some people whom had to reinvent a name, only to probably end up settling on something they're not entirely happy with (just so that they can continue playing the game as soon as possible). I've seen this happen quite a lot actually, and more often than not these same people will come up with a better name for themselves a week or two later.. Only then, it's too late to do anything about it.

It's not really realistic to expect people whom reactivate (or whatever else) and find their name gone to spend weeks pondering their new names either, without ever going ingame first. (As that's just wasted time on your monthly subscription.)
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast