Thread: FC tips

Character
    Mirael
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

FC tips

I'm new to the whole FC for uberfriendxp thing. Ive used it in xp parties for fun, but we're looking to farm pop items and LS level mules. Looking for some tips for atma to use and things i should have to get it started. Ive got decent gear, and im working on getting things that are better. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's what ive tried so far.

Atma: VV,RR and ____ (tried Sundering slash, was thinking smiting blow might be better)

Merits: I have 8/8 GA and 7/8 STR
    3/5 Abyssite of Furtherance

Gear:
    Vermeil Buhj
    Uther's Grip
    Ravagers Orb
    Rav. Mask +1
    Grim Cuirass
    Rav.+2 legs
    Heca Hands& Feet
    Rajas/Spiral Ring
    Ravagers/Brutal Earrings
    Warwolf Belt
    Atheling Mantle
    Neckpiece = ?
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    FC is actually a lot easier than most people think. I'll give you my gear and atma that kills most things in one shot.

Merits: 8/8 GA, 8/8 STR, 12/12 HP(really does help in that OSHI situation)

Gear:
    Weapon: Step up to Warlord's Axe or Widowmaker, Ukonvasara is the ultimate goal really.
    Grip: Stop using Uther's Grip forever. Pole Grip or Claymore Grip or go home (Sword Grip is situationally better, ask someone who knows a lot about STP and x hit setups before using)
    Ammo: Yes.
    Head: Twilight Helm is the absolute best for FC. Otherwise Hecatomb Hat/+1 > AF3+2
    Body: Yes. Only way up from Grim is Grim +1
    Legs: Yes. Hachiryu is the only thing you can put here, or a well augmented Adaman/Armada legs.
    Hands: No. Alky's are better, Heafoc are best.
    Feet: Yes! Go for the STR+3 Aug on NQ, +4 on HQ. (HQ can get a total of 11 STR!)
    Rings: Pyrosoulx2 is optimal.
    Earring: That's what I use; STR+4 will be much better than Rvg. Earring though. Too bad it's like 2.5mil+
    Waist: Beir Belt +1 > all
    Back: Yes.
    Neck: Ire Torque +1, Gorget MAY be better but I cant be asked to go make one right now.

Here's the kicker though;
    Atma: RR, SS, Apoc (Should be using these anyway)
    USE MIGHTY STRIKES AND BLOOD RAGE. DO IT. It makes Fell Cleave 100% Critical, meaning you WILL kill 90% of mobs in 1 hit. I regularly do ~5k with Fell Cleave+MS+BR. You'll get your 2hour back if you have good azure, or even amber since Revitalizers are quite common.

Good luck on your farming!

Edit: For hands Hecatomb can be better, but with RR and SS + Blood Rage you should be hitting cap, or getting very close.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    That's actually terrible advice if you're using it to level mules like you said. You only get xp for 8 mobs a pop, so if you one shot 20 of them, you wasted 12 mobs. Yeah, you get chests from them...but you'd get more xp if you cleaved them without your 2h. You're talking the difference at capped xp (600) between 4800+page+boxes a pull and 8000-12000+page+boxes a pull.

Try using 1-2 PDT atmas and RR, or if you have enough WHM support, use RR/GH/SS
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Doing it for EXP?
    Pull 8.
    Can't do that?

Same gear, no Hecatomb Hands in any situation, Heafoc>Alky
    VV+RR+Apoc, make a PDT set for when you're gaining TP. Don't use PDT atmas, it caps at 50% either way. RR/GH/SS is horrible always, FC cannot crit without Mighty Strikes.

Yeah my advice was targeted at KI farming. I use Mighty Strikes method for both EXP and KI though, as normally you'll kill most of them at the same time either way.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    That's actually terrible advice if you're using it to level mules like you said. You only get xp for 8 mobs a pop, so if you one shot 20 of them, you wasted 12 mobs. Yeah, you get chests from them...but you'd get more xp if you cleaved them without your 2h.
    I think I remember reading somewhere that they fixed that? Or am I remembering things...

Anyway, you can use 2hr but it really isn't necessary, killing without 2hr is also almost instantly, you get TP faster than you can look and 3x WS are used in seconds. Will give you 3~5s delay on every pull, but if you're as lazy as I am, this is the way to go.

Good Atma (in case you're not using 2hr) are STR Atma (VV, SA, Harvester, Roaring Laughter, Dark Blade). Depending on your support, that may differ though. Usually a RDM as healer/support is plenty, Phalanx is all you really need to survive on relevant mobs.

For a weapon, Oneiros Axe is also nice, maybe even better than Ukon (9 DMG and thus new rank, vs. STR+15), since the TP loss is irrelevant. Plus, it's arguably easier to get.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    What mobs would you guys recommend FC'ing on? I just finished a Sumeru +2 with +10% WS damage last weekend and I've been itching to try it in a FC situation.
    (0)
    I believe it's entirely possible to promote ideas and feedback without resorting to screaming matches, troll-fests, or unnecessary self-aggrandizement with heavy-handed condescension. SE is much more likely to listen to reasonable posts rather than screaming matches. Speak like an adult, if you wish to be treated like one.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayik View Post
    What mobs would you guys recommend FC'ing on? I just finished a Sumeru +2 with +10% WS damage last weekend and I've been itching to try it in a FC situation.
    I usually do Overking Apkallu in Abyssea - Misareaux (#00), Hannequet in Abyssea - Attohwa (#5) or Fear Dearg in Abyssea - Altepa (#6). However, they are sometimes camped by people trying to skill up or doing their own FC parties, so check the area before you go there.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post

Edit: For hands Hecatomb can be better, but with RR and SS + Blood Rage you should be hitting cap, or getting very close.
    can replace SS with GC and stack crit dmg+ for higher total multiplier
    (0)

Use a full PDT set full time so you can pull more mobs, don't 2 hour so they don't all die at the same time, and use whatever atmas you would normally use so you don't have to switch later.

Real Advise:
    Mobs only walk in a clockwise rotation around you when they group up, if you force them into a wall they cannot do this. What you need to do is pull everything into a wall on your left as you return to where your mage is waiting for you, and turn to face them, making the wall on your right, and you need to be directly against this wall, lock on whatever you're engaged to and walk backwards a little and this will pull everything directly in front of you because when the mobs can't walk in a clockwise rotation around you, they will just sit on top of each other.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    can replace SS with GC and stack crit dmg+ for higher total multiplier
    RR 30% Blood Rage 20% Trait 8% = 58% SS 30% = 88%. W/ AF3+2 feet thats 98%.

You're no where near capping without SS. You might lose Apoc for GC, but then you'd be crippled for actual fights so only if you're solely farming KI.

Like stated, Mighty Strikes method isn't optimal for cleaving for EXP. As far as I'm concerned there's no other way to do it for farming KI though. This way you don't even need a healer if you 1 hit them all (BLM puller using MP atma and Manawall is optimal since he can sleep them in a group after the pull.

It might be noted that if you really want to cleave friends up to cap, BLU is a better choice but harder to gear. BLU can solo it all on pretty much any non-magic resistant mob. Including the pull which is the biggest problem with WAR.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast