Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FC tips

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    Just batter saplings.
    This is what I was thinking when I looked at the abyssea lights page on wiki to see which mobs drop which lights. They looked like the weakest hitting of all mobs, and since they give amber, I figured they'd be fairly simple to even solo with MC for regen, ultimate and cosmos for Cataclysm, pop a taco and keep defender up with some -pdt gear.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    If you are going to want to ambercleave stuff in Kon, do leeches.

They link, they die quickly, and they don't really hurt you that much. Make sure you bring a good healer though, cause 20+ leeches sucks.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    This is what I was thinking when I looked at the abyssea lights page on wiki to see which mobs drop which lights. They looked like the weakest hitting of all mobs, and since they give amber, I figured they'd be fairly simple to even solo with MC for regen, ultimate and cosmos for Cataclysm, pop a taco and keep defender up with some -pdt gear.
    gangly gean sleepga slow = no do not pull sapplings they are 2 far spread and dont link.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    gangly gean sleepga slow = no do not pull sapplings they are 2 far spread and dont link.
    Boooooooo!
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    If you are going to want to ambercleave stuff in Kon, do leeches.

They link, they die quickly, and they don't really hurt you that much. Make sure you bring a good healer though, cause 20+ leeches sucks.
    ----------------
    I lol'd at the ironic pun
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Could just kill a few Garuda NMs and then cleave w/e mobs you want after. That is how I farmed Dark rings on BLU.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't getting Ruby from Fell Cleave hinder the augments on Amber items in gold chests? That would make Saplings the only mobs to cleave, unless by 'Ambercleave' we're talking Cataclysm with Staff...

I don't fully understand the concept, but I'd like to!
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't getting Ruby from Fell Cleave hinder the augments on Amber items in gold chests? That would make Saplings the only mobs to cleave, unless by 'Ambercleave' we're talking Cataclysm with Staff...

You'd generally have to find the mob that doesn't drop ruby (idk about kon, but in misereaux it's apkallu and colibri, in la theine it's frogs, wiki has a decent list of what lights drop from what up until heroes zones).

I've never found fell cleaving konschtat to be effective rather than just killing, mainly because you can't really solo it. But in that case I've never really found WAR farming amber chests w/o cleave very effective either.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post

Firstly, yes, you can use Cataclysm instead of Fell Cleave, it's not much worse. Secondly, you can still Fell Cleave and get ruby, it doesn't hinder the chest rate too much. The only difference is that you'll get more red chests, but you'd still get lots of gold chests too, and it doesn't have an effect on the quality of the gold chests at all, only on the number.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Okay thanks for the replies.

And yeah, I was referring to saplings being the only mob that does not drop ruby light in Konschtat, according to wiki, making cleavng anything else possibly troublesome if getting any other light in the azure/ruby/amber spectrum would hinder the chest's yield.
    (0)
    Last edited by Retsujo; 09-19-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast