Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by OuShiroHeart View Post
    That sword you speak of is a Lv94 item
    I wasn't using it before. As you can see I used a augmented genbu's shield with it in the latest one, but not the one before.

Before it was just a light/apollo's staff.
    (1)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I seriously have not had the time to sign up and get on the test server. What is the MP cost of the spell currently? That would clear things up for me greatly.

Curaga VI? it was about 360 MP or around there last i checked, pretty expensive. i don;t see it used unless obvious emergency situations or and without penury. people /rdm should basicaly never use it. if they aren't already out of mp.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Curaga VI? it was about 360 MP or around there last i checked, pretty expensive. i don;t see it used unless obvious emergency situations or and without penury. people /rdm should basicaly never use it. if they aren't already out of mp.
    It really depends. Based on the numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by Wo1verine View Post
    Just doing some raw numbers outside of moghouse with no gear.
    Race: Tarutaru Job: Whm95/Rdm47 MND(base)87 healing magic skill(base):396
    no job abilities used
    cast CuragaV on myself and healed 857hp
    cast CuragaIV on myself and healed 622hp
    Curaga IV costs 260, if Curaga V costs 360 (100 more) it would cost 324 or so when under Light Arts. Combined with the AF3+2 pants, and 857 HP healed, this would mean an MP return of 42 per person with Curaga V, or 257 with six people. With 50% potency gear, this would be 1285 HP healed, which would be an MP return of 64 per person healed, or 385 MP returned with six people healed. Assuming all these numbers check out, this means that Curaga V would fit the "free cure" that Curaga spells get with AF3+2 pants, although, given the higher tier, it would be harder to get the cure to be free without /SCH (but what good WHM isn't /SCH without a very good reason?).

I hope this spell heals a bit more if you have decent amounts of Mind gear, but I'll have to wait and see. Still, based on the number you gave me of 360 MP (I think back when it was still only in the dats, the numbers we got were 450, which was unreasonable unless it healed much, much more), it still fits the basic expected confines of a Curaga spell, which is a good sign for now. It will be harder to use correctly, but lower enmity generation may make it more useful then Curaga spells have been in the past.
    (1)

Character
    Spiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Slight oversight on leaving out the base mp cost thanks for bringing that up.

Curaga V = 380 base mp cost

Likely this is the final aoe cure whm will receive, I am thinking its uses at lvl99 will be nice considering big aoes that higher tier NM's do, also the HP bar maximum will continue to rise but these cures will not get very much stronger considering we are maxing out cure potency etc. already. As far as I know, it is still speculation whether or not hard caps will be lifted at some point.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Sigh, ok you're going to do this.
    10% Sword/5% Genbu's Shield/X/Aqua Sachet
    Anwig Salade(6MND 3% Cure potency)/Promise Badge/Neptune's Pearl/Neptune's Pearl
    Mahatma Houppelande/Serpentes/Aquasoul/Aquasoul
    Sunbeam/Cascade/Desultor Tassets/Serpentes
    28% Cure Potency
    316 Healing Magic
    79+85=164 MND(Including Blue Magic Spell stats (+26), not including atmas)
    73-8=65 VIT
    Magic Fruit: 72MP, 669 HP healed (HP:MP 9.29)

There. Also note that 79 MND and 73 VIT are 90 stats, not 95.

Edit: It should be noted that the previous example was for level cap 90 and included no level 95 gear.
    What's the exact impact of MND on Cure IV? Just curious as the RDM in question has 49/50% CP while the BLU only has 28%. That's a fairly large gap, even with blue magic's tendency to have higher caps than actual Cure spells (Wild Carrot for example is basically an uncapped Cure III isn't it?)

There's a fairly large MND gap there, but I was under the impression that MND didn't have a super-huge impact on cures (it used to way back in 2003 before SE nerfed it). The healing skill from Light Arts also contributes to this, but I maintain that a SCH/RDM will have far better MP endurance - particularly with Accession + Stoneskin/Phalanx.

Now granted that combo isn't quite as potent inside abyssea, but we're more or less done with Abby as far as future content goes. So SCH's 8/tic sublimation, extra stratagems, reduced spell cost etc etc. should keep it in the #2 slot. It's between BLU & RDM then I suppose for the #3 slot, as SMN seems to be losing out in the healing department more & more despite Carbuncle's new BP.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Slight oversight on leaving out the base mp cost thanks for bringing that up.

Curaga V = 380 base mp cost

Likely this is the final aoe cure whm will receive, I am thinking its uses at lvl99 will be nice considering big aoes that higher tier NM's do, also the HP bar maximum will continue to rise but these cures will not get very much stronger considering we are maxing out cure potency etc. already. As far as I know, it is still speculation whether or not hard caps will be lifted at some point.
    Even outside abyssea curaga IV would be enough, V is simply aoe cure 6 which is already a no no outside. only jobs that will have enough Hp to warrent using it is Galka MNKs, i don't see this useful at all outsides. so unless more abyssea content comes, this will likly not see much use, especialy for that hefty MP cost
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    this will likly not see much use, especialy for that hefty MP cost
    If you actually come into a situation where people are missing huge amounts of HP, even if it doesn't make it free, the AF3 pants definitely encourage using it... however situational it is (good luck getting three to five people to be missing huge chunks of health and having them stand still long enough to get the Curaga off). The main thing that will encourage the usage of this spell is probably going to be the enmity change, assuming you can get away with casting Curaga V like it is Cure V.

The main problem we have is that there aren't a lot of people who can test this spell on the test server, especially since there aren't a lot of situations it can be used. For SE, my feedback would be to make sure the spell hardly gives any enmity at all - since I can't exactly test it at this time.
    (1)

Character
    Spiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Yeah in line with how caster jobs tend to work, this will simply be the spell you cast now instead of curagaIV. Just like you use curV, curVI, instead of cureIV for various reasons, in the event of needing to cure 4-6 pt members of a massive aoe quickly (incase a 2nd massive aoe follows) whms will now cast curagaV instead of curagaIV. After conserveMP, gear, sj abilities etc. the extra 120mp should not be an issue. Especially because, like its been said, the use of this spell will be generally rare.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just like you use curV, curVI, instead of cureIV for various reasons
    Actually, casting Cure VI is a bad idea most of the time. Until SE either knocks 100MP off the cost or actually makes it more potent (it caps out with less potency then Cure V if you pop a brew to test it), it is going to stay this way. Cure IV is essential for any White Mage who isn't trained in the ways of dumping all their MP because they only curebot people in Abyssea.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    What's the exact impact of MND on Cure IV? Just curious as the RDM in question has 49/50% CP while the BLU only has 28%. That's a fairly large gap, even with blue magic's tendency to have higher caps than actual Cure spells (Wild Carrot for example is basically an uncapped Cure III isn't it?)

There's a fairly large MND gap there, but I was under the impression that MND didn't have a super-huge impact on cures (it used to way back in 2003 before SE nerfed it). The healing skill from Light Arts also contributes to this, but I maintain that a SCH/RDM will have far better MP endurance - particularly with Accession + Stoneskin/Phalanx.

Now granted that combo isn't quite as potent inside abyssea, but we're more or less done with Abby as far as future content goes. So SCH's 8/tic sublimation, extra stratagems, reduced spell cost etc etc. should keep it in the #2 slot. It's between BLU & RDM then I suppose for the #3 slot, as SMN seems to be losing out in the healing department more & more despite Carbuncle's new BP.
    idk! i just use the calculator so these numbers are approximate not exact
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast