Hybrid View

Character
    Spiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90

[dev1024]Test server numbers for CuragaV

Just doing some raw numbers outside of moghouse with no gear.
    Race: Tarutaru Job: Whm95/Rdm47 MND(base)87 healing magic skill(base):396
    no job abilities used
    cast CuragaV on myself and healed 857hp for 380mp
    cast CuragaIV on myself and healed 622hp for 260mp

job change: Rdm95/Whm47 MND (base) 86 healing magic skill:345
    used job ability: Divine Seal
    cast CureIV on myself healed 872hp

for these numbers I zoned to terrigan and used kuftal to zone agro to lose HP
    no gear/ merits

job change: Sch95/Whm47 MND(base)83 healing magic skill:310
    used job ability: Dark Arts, Add. Black, Divine Seal
    cast CureIV on myself healed 786hp
    used job ability: Light Arts, Add. White, Rapture, Divine Seal
    cast CureIV on myself and maxed out HP with a 1063hp CureIV, need to find a galka to test on later.

job change: Drk95/Whm47 MND(base74) healing magic skill:144
    used job ability: Divine Seal
    cast CureIV on myself healed 756hp

After the DRK test numbers by a DD, I decided to not test the remaining jobs that can be considered "support" BRD SMN or ?

I am interested in what WHM's think of these numbers. I do not think its being an overpowered job, but by these numbers the gap is clearly widening. For any class other to come even close to matching these numbers, they must sub whm and use the 10minute whm job ability Divine Seal. Additionally, these spells are single target, whereas the new CuragaV and existing CuragaIV are clearly not.
    WHM is great as the superpowered healer, however I wouldn't mind getting back to what used to be known as "support healing" For players that just like to change the flavor of their job on occasion, or people who just plain dont want to play on whm, this used to be an option. As higher level tanks/DD start to break the 2k HP mark, these smaller high enmity cures will just not be a viable option.
    Also the fact that clearly any job can sub whm and pull off a decent CureIV, nearly equal to what a RDM and most likey SMN and BRD can do. SCH is able to get some higher numbers, but at the cost of using 2-3 seconds of delay to stack job abilities. Note also that at lvl99 all jobs using a subjob of Rdm48 or better will gain access to CureIV.
    The last thing I want to see is an obsolete WHM, but when im curing multiple party/alliance members of various status effects while using haste/buffs and curing, I wouldn't mind having someone around with a decent cure to toss out on occasion to back me up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wo1verine; 09-08-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: added stuff

If you can't find a Galka to test rapture DS cure 4 on, go into aby, get no atmas and only the cruor HP buff and try it on yourself. Obviously you can't zone to lose your HP though so you'll have to let stuff whack you.

Currently BLU is the only other job coming close to WHM for curing, though 95% of all BLUs would probably rather not join a pt, than join to be a main heal. Their new white wind spell is going to be very good as a replacement for curaga 3~4
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't find a Galka to test rapture DS cure 4 on, go into aby, get no atmas and only the cruor HP buff and try it on yourself. Obviously you can't zone to lose your HP though so you'll have to let stuff whack you.

Currently BLU is the only other job coming close to WHM for curing, though 95% of all BLUs would probably rather not join a pt, than join to be a main heal. Their new white wind spell is going to be very good as a replacement for curaga 3~4
    Uh, what game are you playing?

Last time I checked, BLU doesn't have access to Surya's Staff +2 or some of the other goodies SCH does when it comes to curing. Not to discourage BLU from healing, because they are quite potent at it (especially with /SCH as healing magic skill increases potency) but to say they're #2 is just outright wrong. Nevermind that BLU healing is sadly horrendously inefficient when it comes to HP:MP. Magic Fruit is nice, but doesn't pack enough of a punch at 90+ and Plenilune Embrace simply consumes far too much MP.

Unless SE were to change it so penury will affect these spells (since they heal, but that just wouldn't make any sense from the SCH's standpoint - they don't use blue magic) I can't possibly see BLU overtaking SCH, RDM or even SMN for main heal unless it's an emergency/constrained situation.

Admittedly, I have not had a chance to play around with White Wind yet but that's an AoE and we're talking about single-target here.

Speaking of which, why is a thread about Curaga V discussing Cure IV so much?
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Malacite, Blue Mage (among other jobs) is getting more gear that gives cure potency in the next update (as the current test server data shows, 4% on a back piece, and 10% from a sword, which can in turn be used with a Genbu's Shield. With /SCH for B+ healing magic, a Blue Mage can hit very nice, and more importantly very MP efficient numbers. Most of Blue Mage's cure spells, including Plenilune Embrace, Wild Carrot, and Magic Fruit, not only pack a decent punch, but can get better efficiency numbers then Cure V does.

Blue Mage can definitely make it as a healer, but very few Blue Mages gear for this, and more importantly, cast/recast times, shallow MP pool, and focus on other roles means that a curing Blue Mage is unlikely to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Speaking of which, why is a thread about Curaga V discussing Cure IV so much?
    Because instead of having a real White Mage thread, we get QQ about other jobs not being better healers then White Mage. Maybe the next time I see a Curaga V thread we'll actually get an analysis of the MP cost vs. how much is cured. Curaga spells are one of the biggest but least used tools for a White Mage, and Curaga V could be the Cure V (good) of Curaga spells, or it could be the Cure VI (bad). But we won't know if we get more "X job gets screwed again" threads masquerading as legitimate White Mage discussion.
    (1)

Player
    This is a very appropriate thread for Curaga V. Both are equally pointless.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    This is a very appropriate thread for Curaga V. Both are equally pointless.
    Care to explain? I don't understand what you exactly mean by this statement.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah, I was being a bit too facetious. Sorry.

Given the naked guy's number, I can tell that Curaga V uses the formula for Cure VI. So, it's basically another Curaga IV with 100-200 more HP cured at a significantly higher MP cost. Not to mention how rare situations are when back-to-back Curaga IV's would be needed.

Yeah, it'll be possible to find uses for it if we try (the upcoming Voidwatch Cactuar sends his regards and his regards are pointy), but it's more like an inevitable progression of numbers in a chat-log than a spell that's needed or particularly useful.

Edit: Not that inevitable progressions are bad by any means, it's just that they don't mean that much to support jobs compared to jobs that kill things.
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 09-04-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Again, it's not about BLU's potency - they have very potent healing spells.

It's about BLU's MP efficiency.
    Seriously? Stop trying to redefine this. A Blue Mage with what little cure potency they can get has more efficient cures then even a White Mage. You don't need a Surya's Staff, because as a Blue Mage, your cures are efficient.

I did not say potent, and my word for efficient is not your word for potent. Blue Mage spells are efficient, PER MP POINT SPENT.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Given the naked guy's number, I can tell that Curaga V uses the formula for Cure VI. So, it's basically another Curaga IV with 100-200 more HP cured at a significantly higher MP cost. Not to mention how rare situations are when back-to-back Curaga IV's would be needed.
    If it isn't possible to make the spell free like Curaga IV using the AF3+2 pants, then the spell is useless.

Did you hear me SE? This spell is very situational as is, it better not be another 100 MP for an extra 200 HP cured, that is useless.

I don't want another spell that is only used by other jobs to complain that they don't have Cure V when it isn't even a good spell.
    (1)

Character
    Spiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Did you hear me SE? This spell is very situational as is, it better not be another 100 MP for an extra 200 HP cured, that is useless.

I don't want another spell that is only used by other jobs to complain that they don't have Cure V when it isn't even a good spell.
    Well I believe that once gear and other bonuses are applied the actual amount cured will scale up, with ratio of the 2 cures by a naked whm being the base of this calculation, not the actual amount cured.

If the enmity properties are scaled the same as CureIV vs. CureV then I do see this spell being a nice useful addition.

Also.
    Thanks to everyone for all the great info on BluMage! I think that fills in the "?" spot in my OP that i wasn't sure what job I was suppose to be thinking of. The reason i guess is I just dont see alot of blumages tossing around cures, especially cross alliance its not always an option. With the gear added, which I do not have for testing server, I wonder how good a White Wind a blu/whm or blu/sch could pull off? Although considering the last blu I played with would rather set spells to gain a low lvl Dual Wield JA and whack stuff than play support, I wonder if this support trend will actually catch on for blu with the new White Wind, or will it remain an afterthought.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wo1verine; 09-07-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wo1verine View Post
    Well I believe that once gear and other bonuses are applied the actual amount cured will scale up, with ratio of the 2 cures by a naked whm being the base of this calculation, not the actual amount cured.
    I seriously have not had the time to sign up and get on the test server. What is the MP cost of the spell currently? That would clear things up for me greatly.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast