Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilax View Post
    I don't wan it harder, don't turn my word, i think the actual system is by far enough to get what you need, asking more at the cost causing more trouble as we already facing is not a solution to me.
    You don't want it made easier, hence you want it harder than it could be.

And no one would ever be forced to read spam. You can filter channels if you're not interested in reading them. Not sure why i need to continue saying this.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    This would be something you choose to enable, if you don't want/need it then you can do without. Meanwhile most others can use it and make the most of being able to join groups without having to sit in port clogging up the joint.
    Did you take time read thread: Message boards? Don't you think that would be less aggressive and more convivial for everyone, also wont need to stay @ jeuno or anywhere, nor need to be flooded by spam, nothing say this message board can't be access for every zone like the 'Pair of magian spectacles.
    (0)

Character
    Goins
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Party chats capable on PS2. Restrict chat to linkshell only too many kids play this game.
    (0)

Did you take time read thread: Message boards? Don't you think that would be less aggressive and more convivial for everyone, also wont need to stay @ jeuno or anywhere, nor need to be flooded by spam, nothing say this message board can't be access for every zone like the 'Pair of magian spectacles.
    I read it fine, your points make no sense. Shouts happen on the fly, people don't make posts about XP alliance groups or seal farming on forums. Also not everyone reads forums, nor should they. Honestly I think your reason for being against it is as was said to make it harder to everyone else to get things done which is stupid, status in gear is long gone stop living in the past.

If you like you can turn on the shout channel and sit in port jeuno and when you leave turn it off, that fixes your problem just fine I think.
    (0)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I read it fine, your points make no sense
    Explain?

Shouts happen on the fly, people don't make posts about XP alliance groups or seal farming on forums.
    Only true for XP party, they still can shout and there no need to reach all zone, what the idea? Make someone already in a PT to see your shout and left hsi PT for yours? /sea all 1-90 inv [is there for a reason]

Honestly I think your reason for being against it is as was said to make it harder to everyone else to get things done which is stupid, status in gear is long gone stop living in the past.
    Explain again? I think i been total clear about this would cause more spam if you just end to think is because i wan it harder then i guess for you 1+1 = 3 right?

If you like you can turn on the shout channel and sit in port jeuno and when you leave turn it off, that fixes your problem just fine I think.
    So you think is logical for me to miss information just because i don't wan be flooded of spam? Already explained i don't wan receive RMT /tell, do not mean the option is filter all /tell.
    (0)

It won't cause more spam because there would be a delay on what you enter in the shout channel, you are trying to say that the existance of a world shout channel would cause masses of conversations etc but it won't if done corerctly, just put a simple long delay. It would be no worse than shout and infact I can see them living quite nicely side by side.
    (0)

Character
    Haganenotlaloc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    this whole discussion is pointless since as they stated before it would be an optional feature, it wouldnt be forced, i magine an scenario where i want to solo with BST but i also want to lv my WHM and finish a mission, i can only do one thing at the time and since my linkshell has only 6 ppl minding their own bussiness they cant assist every time i want to lv my WHM, so i turn on my server wide LS too check for any one looking for a whm or looking for another member to finish up that mission... hey i could even find a good deal on ABC's while im soloing with BST, not to mention i could also sell those unwanted Dusk Gloves i havnt been able to sell at the AH
    (0)
    Last edited by tlaloc; 03-12-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilax View Post
    Explain?

Only true for XP party, they still can shout and there no need to reach all zone, what the idea? Make someone already in a PT to see your shout and left hsi PT for yours? /sea all 1-90 inv [is there for a reason]

Explain again? I think i been total clear about this would cause more spam if you just end to think is because i wan it harder then i guess for you 1+1 = 3 right?

So you think is logical for me to miss information just because i don't wan be flooded of spam? Already explained i don't wan receive RMT /tell, do not mean the option is filter all /tell.
    So, they can put a 5 minute delay on shouts.
    (0)

Player
    Frankly I don't care if it does result in spam. Spam is a secondary phenomenon of a thriving game world in an MMO. I'm not concerned with being a defensive architect who builds everything around the worst outcomes. The problem there is the spam, not the outlet. And if it's RMT then Square's job is to deal with them. You can't lockdown and stop making anything new just because there's going to be some problems.

Posting group requests outside the game itself is fine but impractical, and not even new. Those things have always existed with forums since FFXI started. And you all know they don't work because only a fraction of players will waste time navigating to read your request for help thread tucked away in some nook on the internet. Let's say that I'm bored, and I'm curious to know what groups are forming. I flip my server chat filter off and go out to solo subs in the meantime. Now I can do stuff without idling in the city. Then if there's a group forming for something I need I can reply and get info right away.

The advantage is that a chat message is immediate. You see it and you know this person is looking as of right now. You are both there and ready in the game right now. When you post to a forum somewhere, will someone see it? Will it matter by the time they read it? FFXIAH has a nice bazaar feature that lets you show items you're selling and willing to buy. Some people do use it, but how much easier/more practical would it be to have instant messages in the game?

Proposing you make a server-wide "linkshell" type of deal is silly, as it accomplishes the exact same ends of one channel with an on/off filter. Except it needlessly complicates things. (Needless complication being something already overabundant in FFXI)
    (0)

In a game that handles chat so well, I'd rather not see any changes to the chat system other than font choices and more chat-background-window textures/colors but that's meh at this point.

All the other MMOs have channels and most of them really don't even require chat at all other than for pickup groups. Server chat would be interesting but wouldn't solve PJ (or anyplace) over-crowding either. I feel people would still congregate in one central spot as that is how people are.

(Gather together.)
    (0)

RDM BLM BLU SMN THF SAM COR ..::{ Desperately Seeking Salvage }::..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast