Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

WAR on Katana and Great Katana

So, i'll say it if it hasn't all ready been mention. How about some access to these weapons? I'm not saying take anything away from nin and sam by doing this. But some limit access to these and weapon skill's wouldn't be anything ground breaking. Both sam's and Nin's have had access to sword skills. I don't see why a war can't pick up either of these weapons and atleast have a "C" rating as well.

Forgive me if this has already been address, but I didn't see anything and I figured it wouldn't hurt to start another thread here. War's pretty sparse compare to most other threads.
    (1)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 09-20-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    simply because it would give war all red procs (not that they wont be able to get em by 99 with gear and merit)
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Don't you think WAR has enough already? You can also get a Great Katana from a seasonal event, so that only leaves Katana. Just because SAM/NIN have access to Sword doesn't mean WAR should be entitled to everything.
    (1)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

if rdm and drks can cry on every section they can manage let wars demand other jobs stuff . i wanna tachi gekko when /sam for my war.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    so that only leaves Katana.
    Hi, how are you doing?
    (2)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    Don't you think WAR has enough already? You can also get a Great Katana from a seasonal event, so that only leaves Katana. Just because SAM/NIN have access to Sword doesn't mean WAR should be entitled to everything.
    Intil the day this game die's "No job will ever have enough" My thoughts aren't on proc's so much as having another option to skill weapons before getting into a new dd job. If keeping jobs unique in the form of procing is an issue? Trust me SE will see it stays that way. All i'm suggesting is access and "C" skills and a few of the common ws.
    (0)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Thank you Korpg, i'll be spending a few minutes tonight picking this one up.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Intil the day this game die's "No job will ever have enough" My thoughts aren't on proc's so much as having another option to skill weapons before getting into a new dd job. If keeping jobs unique in the form of procing is an issue? Trust me SE will see it stays that way. All i'm suggesting is access and "C" skills and a few of the common ws.
    So let me get this right; You want WAR to additionally have native Great Katana & Katana skill so the day you ever decide to level either of them you already have an advantage by having capped skills to a point? With that logic then it should be spread across board of all jobs.

Skilling up weapons is such hard work these days, might as well give WAR access to Elemental Magic and the like so you could toss a nuke here and there for when you want to level BLM, or any magic casting job.
    (1)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I say if it's a Melee weapon at all, WAR should have native combat skill with it, period. It looks sooOO right when I whip out my Wooden Katana and start whacking stuff on WAR. I wouldn't mind having access to some of the higher damaging GKs and Katanas out there just for the fun of it. I know most will have a hard time believing that wielding other weapons on WAR beyond GA and Axe could equate to "fun", but I'm crazy like that I suppose.

The hard truth that no one wants to deal with is that WARs would most likely be better than SAMs and NINs at wielding Great Katanas and Katanas. I never really understood why WAR was denied access to GK and Katana when we have access to everything else. The fact that we have access to a Polearm has no diminishing effect on DRGs being every bit a DRG. Why not a GK or Katana? SAMs would still be kings of them with their access to top tier WS's, and the same goes for NINs. I say unlock our access.
    (3)
    Last edited by kingfury; 09-17-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    I say if it's a Melee weapon at all, WAR should have native combat skill with it, period. It looks sooOO right when I whip out my Wooden Katana and start whacking stuff on WAR. I wouldn't mind having access to some of the higher damaging GKs and Katanas out there just for the fun of it. I know most will have a hard time believing that wielding other weapons on WAR beyond GA and Axe could equate to "fun", but I'm crazy like that I suppose.

The hard truth that no one wants to deal with is that WARs would most likely be better than SAMs and NINs at wielding Great Katanas and Katanas. I never really understood why WAR was denied access to GK and Katana when we have access to everything else. The fact that we have access to a Polearm has no diminishing effect on DRGs being every bit a DRG. Why not a GK or Katana? SAMs would still be kings of them with their access to top tier WS's, and the same goes for NINs. I say unlock our access.
    agree!
    let any mele job be able to equip any weapon type
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast