Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Summoner Job Abilities idea

For a long time square is trying to get smns let theirs avatars out but theres some issues like perpetuation costs and blood pact mp costs that make most of people avoid leting avatars out.

Well while looking at pup job abilities i figured why not something on the lines of tatical switch for smn but instead of just exange tp it gives smn mp based on avatar tp and summoning magic skill (something along the lines of (avatar tp+magic skill) *2),also i belive this ability should be given to the smns at around level 30-50, when mp starts to become an issue while partying.

While they are at it maybe a secound job ability to convert avatar tp into avatar HP (again involving TP and summoning magic skill maybe even the same formulae) would also help to wanna keep the avatar you want out (and pretty much helping avatar favor being usefull) this one i belive should come in a bit higer but not 90+ somewhere around 60 would be fine.

About the recasts on those , they should be around 3 mins max so they become actually usefull or maybe even share recast with blood pacts(blood pacts would still go out at 1min-45 secounds).

I would like some feed back on those, if they are viable or not but i think they are pretty solid and not gamebreaking. thanks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Smokenttp; 03-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Character
    Glitchy
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    MP is a bit of a challenge outside of Abyssea, but only if you are a primary or greatly used support healer in addition to using your BPs. I know, I know, what SMN isn't expected to be a significant support healer? I'm not completely sold on the idea that SMN needs more MP replenishment though. By utilizing Avatar perp. cost - gear and stacking autorefresh SMN can already have some pretty incredible MP gain, especially /rdm or even /sch, but /sch isn't really impressive.

I do greatly like the idea of giving more ways to heal avatars. I've often wished that you could at least cast Cure spells on them and I don't understand why you can't. After all, the hate gained by curing them would offset the increased durability it gives them, making them a viable solo tank for the SMN without having to run a hundred miles away to re-summon when they die. A boost to the curative power of the existing BPs would be nice too given the craptastic delay between them.

The recast time is a bit more difficult to weigh in on. 3 mins may be too often, breaking the balance of an already powerful solo job, but 5 mins would be almost useless solo and certainly useless in party/alliance situations.
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well while looking at pup job abilities I figured why not something on the lines of tatical switch for smn but instead of just exange tp it gives smn mp based on avatar tp and summoning magic skill
    SMN already has Elemental Siphon for this, sure the more MP returning abilities the better if your a SMN but we already get quite a lot of MP conserving traits/ abilities/ gear as it is.

Also SE just gave SMN an ability that does the opposite i.e. Mana Cede so I think they're looking to take smn another way considering a lot of the new pacts they're bringing out are effected by avatar TP.

I'd love a way to cure avatars especially because of how important avatar TP is becoming, at the moment without Mana Cede your pet just builds TP & it's killed >< However because SMN can re-summon pets with no restriction -save for that of the SMN MP- unlike other jobs such as BST, DRG & PUP which are on a timer -& so need their pets to last until their timer runs down- I doubt SE will do this. Would be good if avatars AoEs could heal other avatars though & I agree with Glitch avatars healing BP are gimp at the moment a boost would be great.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What I would like to have is a Ability similar to the Black Mages's "Mana Wall". I can actually mele with my Black Mage now without worrying about getting killed from too much hate or from AoE. Sure we have Stoneskin, but that dosent come close to how good Mana Wall is.

So I was thinking that instead of Mana Wall we could have a Abillity that makes our pet take dammage instead of us. Sort of double dammage to our pet, while us Summoners take no dammage. I dunno, lets call it "Shield Pact". When I think about this Ability, then your suggestion to healing Avatars sounds so good Maybe we could get a Weaponskill that heals both the Summoner and the Avatar. Sure these Abilitys arent suited for every situations, but I would love to have the option to mele more effectivly.

I always like the idea that mages can mele and I love how SE made White Mages a "mele-mage" by giving them Cura, Esuna, Afflatuse Misery, Auspice etc. With the suggestion I have above, then Summoners will not only be able to mele more easily, but also heal their Avatars

I beleve SE made us mages have WSes for a reason, so lets start using them ^_-
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Alright, I guess there goes that theory, I missed what Strife quoted below, I guess the whole Caller's Attire set is going to be needed after all.

Too bad, 50% off the perp cost before the other stuff would have been more useful.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aerius; 03-17-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This is what it says on the wiki about Caller's Bracers +1

* Unlike the hidden effect of Carbuncle Mitts, this is applied after 'Reduces avatar perpetuation cost' gear instead of before; eg: With -11 in other -perpetuation gear, the remaining 3/tic perpetuation for a celestial avatar will be halved then rounded down for a result of 1/tic perpetuation.
    While these are still good unfortunately if wiki is correct they're not as godly as they look at first glace
    (0)

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    MP is a bit of a challenge outside of Abyssea, but only if you are a primary or greatly used support healer in addition to using your BPs. I know, I know, what SMN isn't expected to be a significant support healer? I'm not completely sold on the idea that SMN needs more MP replenishment though. By utilizing Avatar perp. cost - gear and stacking autorefresh SMN can already have some pretty incredible MP gain, especially /rdm or even /sch, but /sch isn't really impressive.
    actually yeah my ideia was to give those abilities at a low level to power up a bit smn in specially in party situations, it would make able to use avatar favor effectvily while still retaining the ability to support your party, while i know that smn actually have lots of ways to lower the perp cost nowadays it take a while to be alble to use that kind of gear, and also while abyssea allows to fast level ups, it might still be usefull on some situations outside party.The recast yeah its a big issue, too low would be too overpowered while to long makes the ability pretty useless.

As for the shield pact ideia i found it kinda interresting but might be alot overpowered, the problem about smn melee tough would be acess to high dmg staffs and melee gear to use (i know theres a little out there but its kinda not worth a while for me cause of the amount of time i have to play).

thanks for the replies i really apreciate it and wouldnt tought the healing idea would get that much attention (more than the mp oneXD)
    (0)

The good thing is, as a SMN, Outside of Abyssea its still possible to maintain free Avatars, Which wasn't possible without buffs at 75.
    ...On the subject of Job abilities for SMN, I currently like what we have, we have Elemental Siphon for MP, Avatar's Favor for a slight "buff", and Mana Cede to improve that which is our most holy abilities... 75BP's. I Can't really think of anything else a SMN needs in turn of Job Abilities.

I mean, A way to cure Any Avatar (Not just ones who have Healing BP's) would be nice. But as someone pointed out, Avatars can be resummoned relatively quickly, So that is very unlikely to be added.

though, Maybe an Ability that's a Reverse of Avatar's Favor? Instead of Drawing energy from your avatar, They draw more from you. Think of it as an Stronger Summon. There would be two types perhaps, 1 minute cool-down. It would be something like.

note im not suggesting exactly this, Its just the idea

"Enhanced Summoning: Strength"
    Level: 90
    Recast: 5 minutes
    Duration: Till pet dies/Desummons.
    Pet: Haste+15%
    Attack+15%
    Double Attack+10%

Effect on you: Lowers attack 15%, Slow+15%, Avatar Perpetuation Cost+5.

"Enhances Summoning: Defense"
    Level: 90
    Recast: 5 Minutes
    Duration: Until Avatar is Desummoned/Defeated.
    Increases Healing Bloodpact potency 25%
    Increases Bloodpact: Ward Duration 25%
    Grants avatar a Regen Effect (+10hp/tic)

Effect on you: Avatar Per.+5, Drains 10hp/tic. Upon Summon, Drains 1/4th of your Maximum HP.

Please note, I'm not suggestion the Exact Above solution, I'm only using them as Examples of what I mean when i say "Opposite of Avatar's Favor" effect. Drain power from the Summoner to Enhance the Avatar. Something akin to that. An ability that, again, Drains more energy from the Summoner to Enhance the Avatar.

But Eh, Impractical Ideas, Only spit-balling. Not realistically expecting something like this to be added.
    (0)

Character
    Odintius
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Always like to be able to have a elemental spirit out at same time as a Avatar. Have light spirit out and carbuncle out would boost healing effect reduce bp timer etc. Though there be it + and - your spirit would be in a consent /cover mode and doesn't cast spell like it normally would. But having it out doesn't cost you mp only Avatar cost you a few ticks more perhaps. Pretty open to a balance way though :P
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    my idea for smn job ability is grand summon, 30min recast lvl 90 JA tht makes ur next summoned avatar have no recast (or half recast if no recast is too much) on blood pact timers but makes avatar unaffected by -perpetuation gear or refresh effects, ability wears off when avatar is summoned but remains in effect until the avatar is released killed or you run out of mp.

thought it would be a nice idea as i've been reading through other threads about how people think the blood pact timer is getting in the way of smns DD potential, would be a nice way to make smn more powerful not only through giving them faster blood pacts but seeing as perpetuation won't work under the JA's effect it would give smns a reason to get some "pet:" gear where there -perp gear used to be to make the avatar even stronger
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 03-21-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast