Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    how hard is Gandiva to get? I keep hearing nightmares about Fistule. I would like an emp weapon, i was going to do h2h but it seems a pain with Chloris.
    When I did it Fistule wasn't ever contested. I don't really see hand axe, club and bow being that popular so it might not be that hard for you. Also you can duo him pretty fast with a thf and whm.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    For everyone saying "If you can't get a Gandiva get a stupid weapon instead". If a person can't get a Gandiva, they can get a Harrier. While it may not be as epic as a Gandiva. Having Jishnu's over not having is much better IMO.
    I haven't had a chance to use it much outside abyssea so I don't know how great it is to say sidewinder on the STR bow. I hear it's pretty sweet. The double damage/double shot Condors are nice too if you are fighting stuff that has you moving a lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catsby; 09-02-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Sidewinder misses what? 9 times out of 10?(Joking of course, but we all know it has awful Acc) Outside of Abyssea, I've full missed with Jishnus roughly 5 times and that's only on extremely high stuff. Even when Jishnu's Misses, it still hits. It's an amazing WS and a person shouldn't even think about Sidewinder again once they get it.
    (0)

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    For everyone saying "If you can't get a Gandiva get a stupid weapon instead". If a person can't get a Gandiva, they can get a Harrier. While it may not be as epic as a Gandiva. Having Jishnu's over not having is much better IMO.
    ^ This.

I started work on Gandiva/Harrier before the empy ws were released and when they were, went the Harrier route because tbh I didnt/dont have the people to help me with fistule/bukhis. (already had the vnm's done from when lots of people were spamming them.)

As a result I was one of the first people on my server to have Jishnu's Radiance, if not the first.

Harrier is way way better than bataleur, and the difference when using Jishnu's Radiance between Gandiva and Harrier isnt that big at all, the aftermath is the biggest difference maker in dps. (I've been in a pt with a gandiva rng before and made him look silly when it came to ws's)

So the rest of your gear plays a more important role in Jishnu's dmg than the actual bow itself.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post
    ^ This.

I started work on Gandiva/Harrier before the empy ws were released and when they were, went the Harrier route because tbh I didnt/dont have the people to help me with fistule/bukhis. (already had the vnm's done from when lots of people were spamming them.)

As a result I was one of the first people on my server to have Jishnu's Radiance, if not the first.

Harrier is way way better than bataleur, and the difference when using Jishnu's Radiance between Gandiva and Harrier isnt that big at all, the aftermath is the biggest difference maker in dps. (I've been in a pt with a gandiva rng before and made him look silly when it came to ws's)

So the rest of your gear plays a more important role in Jishnu's dmg than the actual bow itself.
    Wouldn't your atma's outweigh anything you can do on gear? In abyssea at least. If you "killed" a Gandiva RNG it was far more likely you were using better atma's for the task at hand rather than better gear. Loki's kaftan is great and all that but it pales compared to atma of Gnarled Horn.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

If you get your bow all the way past everything to the point where it's time to split between Empy/WoE paths, you've done a big chunk of it already. I'm doing gun currently. I'm 33/50 Carabosse gems, and 5/6 on Feureunke and need 6 Tammuz after it. To get to this point on the trial line has probably taken longer (including hours waiting between windows) that it has to farm the carabosse gems.

I would seriously concider getting to the stage where you have to decide between empyrean and WoW and then stop. Take some time to farm pustules. If you can get some friends to help you and it's going well, great! If it's not going so well, go farm some WoE coins and then compare the two. You might find farming pustules isn't terribly worse than farming WoE.

If you just make the WoE bow without even trying Fistule, you might later find that it might not have been as bad as you were expecting to farm pustules and may regret the decision (you'd have to do all of your NM and VNM trials all over again, and your harrier+2 would become useless soon afterwards).

And WoE bow will still take time to pass the innitial vnm/nm stages and farm the WoE mats, so in the meantime grab something like Vision Bow.

Any time upgrading something whilst you wait to finish Gandiva is time upgrading something that you could spend upgrading Gandiva. So I really think the best suggestion is NOT the WoE bow unless you've tried Fistule a good amount and decide it's really not plausible.

Buhkis isn't as big an issue. He drops 4 different +2 mats so it's not perticularly hard to get help for it.

Alternatively you could do Gun, because Carabosse and Cirein Croin are absolute jokes. I'm doing gun as I have Cor as well. Maybe I'll do Gandiva in the future afterwards, but even if I do I'll still have Armageddon for when Enmity is too much of an issue to spam Jishnu's Radience (Widfire has low hate).
    (0)

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Wouldn't your atma's outweigh anything you can do on gear? In abyssea at least. If you "killed" a Gandiva RNG it was far more likely you were using better atma's for the task at hand rather than better gear. Loki's kaftan is great and all that but it pales compared to atma of Gnarled Horn.
    yeah meant to sya gear and atma
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post
    ^ This.

You definatly must have had a very terrible gandiva rng then, because i have pretty much outdamaged any other rng with gandiva, and i use Stout arm, SS and RR and i have not been dissapointed with the overall damage. WSs ranging anywhere between 4-8k mainly and normal hits anywhere between 6-900 1400+ with aftermath.
    (0)

Is SS better than GH for Gandiva?
    (0)

Honestly, if you're RNGing in Abyssea with Gandiva, Sea Daughter and RR is a must. It gives you higher weapon skill frequency vs using something like Stout Arm where you're only really getting rattk since there are no STR mods on Jishnu's. The 30% Crit Rate is great for ensuring that all hits crit and the AGI will help you with subtle blow so you're not feeding too much TP.

I'm not sure about SS but it's pretty useless if you aren't critting most of the hits anyways.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    wasn't hear when that was added. but still I think gear swaping is stupid. That is my opinion, anfd I have the right to say it. If you care to insult me over my opinion then you just prove how childish you are
    Translation: I'm rubber and you're glue, everything bounces off of me and sticks to you, you noob brat gear swapping elitist soloists.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast