Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Walk of echoes time limit re-entry

Dear SE,

If you wonder why the community, dislike WOE, and why there such low interest on it .....

STOP PUTTING TIME LIMIT OF RE-ENTRY TO A BATTLE ZONE AND YOU LL SEE YOUR NUMBER GROW, WE PAY YOU MONTHLY NOT TO WAIT INSIDE THE GAME OR HAVE A LIMIT ACCESS OF FUN.

Please reconsider this and allow people to go in whenever they want, in Hall waiting for event to reset is ok, but to die > HP > then wait 30 minutes outside ..... it's just NON-COMMERCIAL, UNPLEASANT , UNFAIR , AND JUST UNNECESSARY

and i am pretty sure many fellows player will agree.

Regards.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Agreed. I am waiting for them to make it not suck before I even bother with it.
    (0)

Character
    Billnye
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    With the recent update, a lot of people are participating in Walk of Echoes now. With more people comes faster victories and longer wait times between battles. Now since it is pretty popular and drop rates of coins / dice / etc isn't that great anymore, lowering (or even eliminating) the reentry time limit seems like it would be a great improvement.
    (2)

Character
    Arcas
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I find it amusing that there's already a thread about this, saves me from having to make my own I suppose. I find myself agreeing with what was said, it's very unfortunate especially with the new way that WoE works that there's still such a limiting time factor in place. Today I had the experience of doing one of the older Walks, Flux #6 to be exact, with a large group of people, all working together for once, which is nice because it no longer feels like a competition. The problem was though that the group managed to completely destroy the flux in about 5 minutes thanks to the bosses kindly walking to the group, minimizing time spent traveling back and forth. Unfortunately this meant that for the next 55 minutes I was left waiting to re-enter the zone and ultimately left me to warp myself out of Walk of Echoes to do something else, which lead me to not returning when that our time limit was up.

Walk of Echoes is really something that I want to do, I enjoy it, and unfortunately it's not something that I can do as much as I'd like to. Before it was being bullied by Linkshells or being MPK'd by other players until I would have to Home Point also making it unbearable to return to only have it happen again, now it's a long time spent standing around waiting that has driven me away from this event, and it's just been given a fix.

I can't really see a problem with having the time limit reduced or even taken away completely. The individual Walks have their own cool down timers thus making spamming a non-issue, and if players could instantly do another run it'd force them to do something different instead of repeating the same one over and over like what tends to happen now, at least on my server.

Another suggestion that I have is to put a NPC inside of the Walk of Echoes zone that distributes the Key Item needed for entering one of the fluxes, I realize that the cutscene was eliminated already, but needing to zone in and out for the Kupofried's medallion every time seems a little redundant to me when it would seem more logical and less of a hassle to players to have the moogle in place inside of the zone to dish out the KI. Players already hang out inside of the Walk of Echoes until the day changes as it stands.

And last but not least I believe that it wouldn't be totally unreasonable to request that the Coins acquired from the chests for the Trial of the Magians weapons be tradable. It seems strange to me that the new item required for the +3 versions of the same weapons, the Dice, be able to be placed into a Bazaar while the coins are not. I sadly have a collection of Coins that I have been sitting on since WoE was first introduced that I'll probably never use, and my pack rat ways won't allow me to throw away. My friends would gladly take them off my hands if it were possible.

Just a few thoughts that I figured I'd share with whoever is listening, hopefully someone on the dev team gets the chance to read this and give it some thought as I believe these are concerns that many players share when it comes to the Walk of Echoes. If you read this far, I thank you for your time.
    (4)
    Last edited by Arcas; 09-22-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Character
    Aphugel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Guys, it is very simple: Give the goat a little sugar, not enough to feed it, but enough to make it follow you.
    If it's full. it won't come anymore.
    SE has some battle systems that will give us superior drops, but just so-so: bad drop rates, high restricitions, limited access.
    They are not INTERESTED in making us cap our gear fast. Capped, satisfied customer is a /goodbye-customer, bc he got everything, gets bored, cancels account.
    Forever dangling a carrot in front of the donkey's nose gets him to move, feeding him does not.

In short: SE's objectives are not the players' objectives. Pretending that it is otherwise is part of the game.

So, don't hold your breath for WoE unrestricted access.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcas View Post
    I can't really see a problem with having the time limit reduced or even taken away completely. The individual Walks have their own cool down timers thus making spamming a non-issue, and if players could instantly do another run it'd force them to do something different instead of repeating the same one over and over like what tends to happen now, at least on my server.
    That once-a-gameday time limit is in place BECAUSE walks have a cool down timer. Otherwise, one group could leave several walks inaccessible, and two, maybe three groups could potentially lock ALL walks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kristal; 09-28-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphugel View Post
    They are not INTERESTED in making us cap our gear fast. Capped, satisfied customer is a /goodbye-customer, bc he got everything, gets bored, cancels account.
    Forever dangling a carrot in front of the donkey's nose gets him to move, feeding him does not.
    You have to let it get the carrot once in a while, so that when it sees another carrot, it knows it can -eventually- eat that one too. If the carrot becomes to easy to catch, it's no longer worth chasing, and if it's too hard, the donkey will die of starvation.
    Removing the timers of Walk of Echoes is the equivalent of throwing carrots in front of the donkey, rather then dangling it out of reach. It'll eat it's fill in little to no time, and then has no reason to chase carrots any longer.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Wasn't it 1 ingame day not once every 24h?
    (0)