Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Test Server - Feedback on BLU spells

I know the FFXIAH forums have been actively discussing the BLU spells but I thought I should post some of my own feedback here and see what other BLU are thinking.
    -------------
    Heavy Strike: What can I say.... an auto-crit hit spell with a high STR mod that has a mere 32mp cost? Brilliant! Goodbye delta thrust for low mp cost spell! lol

My only gripe about this spell is that it doesnt appear to skillchain with anything useful with BLU swords. Someone on FFXIAH suggested it has fragmentation but if thats true, then the test server is glitched and isnt showing the skill chain animation.

I was really hoping to have a better spell than benthic typhoon (which has a horrible reputation for being inaacurate and missing a lot) to skillchain with Chant du Cygne. Can we have the skillchain elements of this spell possibly changed to allow it to skillchain with either savage blade or (more importantly) Chant du Cygne. For me personally, I like to skillchain with Chain Affinity often to help capitalise on dps and I've found myself at a bit of a loss since I got my Almace due to the lack of spells that actually skill chain off Chant du Cygne.
    -------------
    Water bomb: No real complaints other than the AoE range of this move is kinda small but otherwise I can see myself keeping this one set when dealing with spellcasting mobs.
    -------------
    Sudden Lunge: What's not to love with another low delay (and low mp cost) stun move? lol. And the duration on the stun itself is amazing!
    -------------
    White wind: So happy to finally have one of the most iconic Blue Mage spells in FF history. From what limited testing I have done with it, it seems to be decent. Oh and did I mention how cool the animation is? lol
    -------------
    Barrier Tusk: -DT for BLU without /rdm! Love it!
    -------------
    Dark orb: Initially I was hoping for an AoE version, but having played around with it, it does ok damage and I can't complain really.
    -------------
    Mortal Ray: /confused. Low acc, high mp cost, takes 60 seconds to take effect and seems to wear off if you go even a short distance from the enemy?

Doom wearing off a mob

Other than for lolz I really wont be going out of my way to cast this one
    -------------

Unbridled knowledge spells:

Harden Shell: Absolutely amazing. While the duration is short, for the minimal mp it costs I certainly cant complain lol. Would it be possible to possible extend the duration but have an increased mp cost to offset the effect? (not saying to definitely go and change it but ask if it would be possible)

Thunderbolt: Somewhat disappointed with this one (as were a lot of BLU on FFXIAH). While I understand its an aoe stun (which in itself is situationally good or bad) the damage simply pales in comparison to Charged whisker.While I understand that charged whisker has higher mp cost as a balance measure for its damage-potential, I cant help but wish that Thunderbolt, a once much-feared and dreaded HNM move, would pack more of a punch. Also the cast time is a tad slow and will end up making it impracticle to use (for stun purposes), especially against enemy tp moves, especially when whirl of rage has a faster cast time and costs only 73 mp.
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Player
    Apparently, it is Heavy Strike itself that is broken and thus does not display the skillchain effect. I can't say this from experience since my horrid connection is still downloading the files needed for the test client, but I've read it from several sources.
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How potent is White Wind?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    How potent is White Wind?
    It's only affected by maximum HP and cure potency, as far as anyone can tell. People have gotten 700+ in Abyssea with cruor HP buffs, but I imagine it's a lot less outside. I can't find the post with the exact formula, sadly, or I'd link to that.

Edit: I can be a little more specific. I found it buried somewhere in a topic on BG, probably in the Blue Mage topic although I can't find it again. Lots of useful information in that topic about the new spells, if you feel like digging.
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 08-31-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    If I remember right, the cure potential of White Wind is Max HP/7 * Cure Potency with Healing Magic effecting it somewhere in that equation.
    (0)

Yeah I think that sounds about right from what I remember reading on the FFXIAH forums.... lemme see if I can find the details

EDIT: Still finding the details, but BLUs all around might like to salivate over the numbers Prothescar has managed to get with a full STR build and Heavy Strike (Look down the bottom of the page)

Huge Heavy Strike damage
    (0)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 08-31-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

Some info I found on FFXIAH (I take no credit personally for these findings)

*Setting Flying Hips Press, Body Slam, Frypan, and Barrier Tusk gives Max HP Boost II.
    *Setting Sudden Lunge, Fantod, Tail Slap, and Sickle Slash gives Store TP II (10 swings with 3 set gave 66 tp, 10 swings with all 4 gave 69).
    *Heavy Strike, Acrid Stream, Demoralizing Roar, and Empty Thrash give Triple Attack, but you lose the Double Attack.

Below info is from Prothescar
    Heavy Strike 2.25fTP 75% STR Autocrit

Dark Orb is dINT*2, 40% INT, 4.5fTP

Water Bomb dINT*1.5, 20% INT 10% MND, 2fTP

Thunderbolt dINT*2, 30% INT 20% MND, 4fTP

Sudden Lunge seems to be 1.0 fTP and 50% STR 50% AGI.
    ~1.75 fTP @300 ~ 1.45 @ 150 TP

Phalanx overwrites Barrier Tusk, but Barrier Tusk cannot overwrite Phalanx. (This is with no enhancing skill+)
    With Barrier Tusk + Terra's Staff, 1000 needles did 680.
    Barrier Tusk + 44% PDT, 1000 needles did 487.
    Looks like a 15% reduction that's added after PDT.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    MaxHP/7 :< that sucks, Healing Magic Skill+ gear will probably out perform HP builds. Is it affected by MND at all? I will be super sad if not.

AoE though, and around 120 MP iirc. Me gusta.
    (0)

Thunderbolt was ever a much feared and dreaded hnm move? (Not that i'm against giving blu's version a boost).
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Thunderbolt was ever a much feared and dreaded hnm move? (Not that i'm against giving blu's version a boost).
    Poetic license >.> lol. But I will say at 75 it had the potential to be a real pain if you weren't careful
    (0)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast