Character
    Mercura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90

Ternary Flourish : post here if you think it needs to be buffed or removed

Hi,

Just tried the new JA we are supposed to get next update, Ternary Flourish, on the test server.

Like most DNCs, I'm definitely surprised that SE added that JA instead of something more useful.

Worse, this JA has, for now (no gear to enhance it, no reason to use it), no use at all.

Please post here to show SE that we want that JA either buffed or removed for something else, something we can actually use in events.

Thanks.
    (1)
    Last edited by MercureXI; 09-11-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Agreed. This JA doesn't even seem like buffing it would improve it honestly. Only thing I could think of to fix it would be to make it Proc a good weakness.
    (1)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Remove it. Long recast and not worth to stacking with ws not even Rudras. And it shares recast with Climactic.
    so Dnc gets Stuff that Thf would like cause Thf gets nothing good anyway.

BUT Dnc doesnt need it *ever* so remove it. And give us something useful and more supportive. Pretty Please! =P
    (2)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We could wait to see whatever "Enhancing" gear they add for it, but realistically this flourish has too long of a recast and too stiff competition to really be competitive. We can spend 3 FMs on a triple attack or 3 FMs on what amounts to 4 consecutive Sneak Attacks, two of which can be stacked with weaponskills to make a big skillchain if your timing is good. Not to mention that we can use the second JA almost twice as often.
    (2)

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Remove Trenary Flourish altogether. The ability is utterly worthless and has no use at all. I was thinking that IF you were a terpischore wielder it could be useful for Pyhrric Kleos, but with that 3 min recast its still useless plus climactic flourish now garantees a crit hit and has a much lower recast. SE come on!! Get with the defensive debuffs and stop jerking our chains with non-sense.
    (1)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This ability just needs to be removed entirely and made into something else - possibly a support flourish or a new samba as many people have requested. It was simply not well thought out at all - and frankly you should *never* need gear to enhance an ability to make it not just good, but usable at all - I would rather spend time and effort to get gear that enhances our core abilities like samba and step potency, waltz cooldown and potency or something. Hell I personally would like to see a flourish III that works like climactic except it forces a parry for every move consumed. Could keep the animation just change the effect then.

This whole "ternary" situation is frustrating because it implies that the devs not only have just a paper understanding of the job, but that they don't respect the playerbase's ideas as potentially more valid as their own at times. Yes, I understand you can't always say "Wow what an awesome ability lets do everything these guys want!" and that the devs have their own plans on how they want to direct the job but come on - the slightest bit or research or even *testing* would have proven that after the climactic buff hardly anybody uses striking so why make striking +1? They just chose to continue on with something *they* thought was a good idea, not what we had been asking for for months. We're players who play in a real environment and each job has to work hard to get respect from the playerbase in order to be included in events - unlike them we don't play on a test server with the best gear automatically had and can't just say "Oi Tanaka-san, get the rest of the dev's lets go do PW today!" Why even have these forums if they're not going to be used as a way to compile our ideas, but for us to respond to what they say their plans are and to shoot us down when we try to give our opinion on it?

If they're going to treat us as testers then they have to come to the conclusion that as actual players, if pretty much all of us are crying foul on an ability you don't have to correct our way of thinking, having somebody come and tell us "Oh no, the way we actually meant that to be used was if you don't want to consume all of your moves and blah blah" - you need to change your plans. Otherwise next update we're gunna see quadratic flourish on a 3:30 timer...

In short, I don't think the dev team is the one who should be giving manifesto's - i think that the playerbase should be the ones compiling the direction they want the job to go and submitting it to them at this point - some of us have played our jobs since when they were released so by now *we* know how the job is supposed to be played in a real environment. I get that this idea would probably also cause alot of drama with conflicting ideas and things, like "dnc needs more throwing weapons!!" but in the end most players seem to know *how the job should be played and how to use it*.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 08-31-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Character
    Aiace
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Agreed! We should be getting that actually improves the job since this is the next to last level increase.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I quite honestly don't know what they were thinking.

Maybe it will at least have a cool animation.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Remove it and give DNC more supporting abilities or a better way to heal again. Bring back the level 75 DNC playstyle, they were INCREDIBLY useful and wanted back then. Now DNC is a crap job with no purpose, DD is not what DNC is meant to be.

I also 100% disagree with listening to the playerbase, just look at temper. They want RDM to be a melee job when it's clearly NOTHING like that at all, and SE needs to completely ignore melee whiners. They should look at how jobs are played in level90 enviroments by good players to see how the job is used and focus on making the job better at that. Right now DNC is only used to solo, but at 75 it was used as a healer and support DD, it needs to go back to the level 75 playstyle if they want this job to have ANY use at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-31-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I hate to be the one to point this out, but even if we were equally useful as a supporting job now as we were at 75, we still wouldn't end up doing things in a party. 6-man VT-IT monster meleeburns are a thing of the past. What are we going to do, team up with a bunch of friends to complete Ops faster in the CN Basement? Make people all melee the same monster in one-shotting-Abyssea? Try and melee Voidwatch NMs?

The closest we come to a situation where we could use our level 75 supporting role is against some new Dynamis NMs, and they just put out too much damage for our Waltzes to be anything more than a band-aid on a stab wound. You're better off using Saber Dance, letting the WHM cast Curaga IV, and trying to kill before the next 2-hour gets off.
    (3)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast