Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    You know what would have been a good idea? Haste Samba II an accuracy down step, magic attack down step.

any of these would be good, this is one of those abilites that will just sit in the menu untill you forget you even have it, like aspir samba.
    what is Aspir Samba?
    (2)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I've got to assume the Devs are sitting in the back somewhere going, "STFU Dancers, almost none of your Flourishes are worth a shit without a piece of enhancing gear anyway. Just wait for the enhancing gear."
    Maybe it was mentioned, but I didn't see it... doesn't the "enhancing gear" for Ternary Flourish already exist? Not saying it makes Ternary Flourish a good idea, but there IS something out there that makes it suck less. And considering that unlike THF, you can force guaranteed Triple Attacks, I could see that ring being tailor made for that purpose.

The recast and inability to use better flourishes still makes it awful though.
    (0)

Character
    Serei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    yeah this one abilty that we can do without.. Honestly I can say i use violent fluorish more then anything else.. maybe i'm just used to playing the old school way.. so i fail to grasp the need to have every job being given a multi attack.. kinda takes away from war and thf. Hell i would be happy with a dispelling flourish. Once more I have to sit back and wonder if anyone is home when it comes the to DEV's and the way they think.
    (0)

I shall dance upon thy grave.

Character
    Serei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    what is Aspir Samba?
    it's the samba that we we're given when dnc first came out... to help those mages that were crazy enough to do combat casting (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE RDM'S.. as they are insane to begin with.) regain their mp with out having to rest. only thing was the aspir sucked balls.. just like drain does. and the fact that most mages dont really skill up their weapons.. (some do, yes i know this.. my brother is one of them crazy blm types that likes to melee..)
    (0)

I shall dance upon thy grave.

Character
    Mercura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    I think it was more about helping PLDs or BLUs than about helping melee mages, you know ^^"

Back on topic : I really hope DEVs will explain why they added / the real purpose behind Ternary Flourish, something like "don't worry, we have gear / merits / any other real use for this ability.

If not (most likely, since they still didn't even try to explain why this JA sucks so much as it is, after almost 2000 people reading the topic), well, that update will lose a good bunch of interest for most DNCs, I guess. If it's not already the case, I mean.

But seriously : Wasn't the test server point about telling DEVs what needed a nerf / boost / testing things ?
    If they don't even listen and don't even explain their logic about why Ternary "needed to be added and needed to suck so much", why should we care about testing in the first place ?
    -------------------------------

edit : just read the japanese DNC forum, at least the DEV team tried to explain and posted something after all the hate on that awful T.Flourish (they mentioned maybe adding gear to enhance the effect à la S.Flourish or a new WS that can be used with T.Flourish ... most likely a WS that can crit on its own I guess)
    I really wonder why we didn't get that kind of answer in the english forums ... SE created the test forum to get feedback ... OK ... but might be a good idea to communicate once you have that feedback guys, or if you can't, just translate the japanese forum !

T H A N K S !
    (0)
    Last edited by MercureXI; 09-11-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Aspir samba would be good if the mob didn't have to actually have MP in order for it to function.

Also lol @ trying to force the ability to be useful. Why again are we buffing DNC's DDing abilities..? Are they aware this is NOT the correct way to make DNC a useful or wanted job?
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MercureXI View Post
    I think it was more about helping PLDs or BLUs than about helping melee mages, you know ^^"

Back on topic : I really hope DEVs will explain why they added / the real purpose behind Ternary Flourish, something like "don't worry, we have gear / merits / any other real use for this ability.

If not (most likely, since they still didn't even try to explain why this JA sucks so much as it is, after almost 2000 people reading the topic), well, that update will lose a good bunch of interest for most DNCs, I guess. If it's not already the case, I mean.

But seriously : Wasn't the test server point about telling DEVs what needed a nerf / boost / testing things ?
    If they don't even listen and don't even explain their logic about why Ternary "needed to be added and needed to suck so much", why should we care about testing in the first place ?
    -------------------------------

edit : just read the japanese DNC forum, at least the DEV team tried to explain and posted something after all the hate on that awful T.Flourish (they mentioned maybe adding gear to enhance the effect à la S.Flourish or a new WS that can be used with T.Flourish ... most likely a WS that can crit on its own I guess)
    I really wonder why we didn't get that kind of answer in the english forums ... SE created the test forum to get feedback ... OK ... but might be a good idea to communicate once you have that feedback guys, or if you can't, just translate the japanese forum !

T H A N K S !
    FYI, they responded in English forum too. It got buried back a few pages from the end really fast though, so people might have missed it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...s-Divas/page13
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, helps to keep an eye on the Dev Tracker since it takes you directly to Camate's responses.
    (0)

Character
    Mercura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Thanks for pointing this out, I completely missed that comment, it's almost the same as the japanese one, so no big news though :/
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    the only thing that ever differs from the EN and JP ones is that sometimes they translate something incorrectly in the EN ones that makes it slightly more ambiguous or downright incorrect.
    (1)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast