Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    DNC has no use in any event or anything in the game currently. It's the most useless job in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Uhm... Shiyo can you read? This isn't a thread about the suposed usefulness of dnc, which you have made it clear multiple times that your opinion is "it's worthless!" - abit hillarious coming from a career red mage given the current game situation but I digress.

This thread is actually about an ability we would like changed, which had you read the title, you would have saved yourself the embarrassment of looking like a drunk straggler stumbling into a bar and screaming that the town's favorite sports team sucks.

Seriously, this was like your 4th post that had nothing to do with the topic and was just "I hate dnc" If you have any actual contructive feedback about ternary flourish or how it could be fixed/replaced by all means, but otherwise go troll some other job forum.
    (5)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 09-01-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I did give feedback in my first post........

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Remove it and give DNC more supporting abilities or a better way to heal again. Bring back the level 75 DNC playstyle, they were INCREDIBLY useful and wanted back then. Now DNC is a crap job with no purpose, DD is not what DNC is meant to be.

I also 100% disagree with listening to the playerbase, just look at temper. They want RDM to be a melee job when it's clearly NOTHING like that at all, and SE needs to completely ignore melee whiners. They should look at how jobs are played in level90 enviroments by good players to see how the job is used and focus on making the job better at that. Right now DNC is only used to solo, but at 75 it was used as a healer and support DD, it needs to go back to the level 75 playstyle if they want this job to have ANY use at all.
    (0)

That's not feedback, that's you subjecting people to your idea of what DNC should be then insulting the job for being different.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    wasn't hear when that was added. but still I think gear swaping is stupid. That is my opinion, anfd I have the right to say it. If you care to insult me over my opinion then you just prove how childish you are
    Translation: I'm rubber and you're glue, everything bounces off of me and sticks to you, you noob brat gear swapping elitist soloists.

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    DNC has no use in any event or anything in the game currently. It's the most useless job in the game.
    I Like that comment. EVER did Dynamis with a DNC? Is atm the best JA Proc there is.

On the Other hand RDM, SMN and PLD have currently no use at all.

Also good geard Dancers are among the lines of THF ~ DD Wise probably even better...

Problem is the majority of the DNC's are Forced into that DD (or Tank) Role which is totally undesireable for them.

The Flourish we are getting is a Prime example of how misunderstood DNC is since everyone and their Mom Leeches it up in Abyssea and plays DD Style.

Thats not the ppl that matter.

Most of the Dancers liked to play a Supportive, Healing and occ. WSing Role, SE doesn't get it. After Climactic and Strikeing our DD capabilitys are more then buffed.

And what go we get? Yet another DD Type Flourish which sucks on Top. (Climactic is better)

Seriously, is there anyone that plays Dnc seriously that wants to play DD & Tank ONLY ?
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I second this comment lol. That is the joy of the job, I love healing supporting and dding all at the same time. If your not like that dont be a dancer. Thats what we are suppose to do, Its how we have always been in the past. Been there to support the party, devestate the mob with crippling afflictions and deal damage, whether it be directly or indirect, and look gorgeous doing it. Dancer Forever!!
    (1)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    PLD has it's spot secured in void watch, DD/DNC or THF/DNC is a better proccer than DNC by far in dynamis. SMN and RDM are both amazing for voidwatch as well, smn being one of the best voidwatch jobs in the game.

Most of the Dancers liked to play a Supportive, Healing and occ. WSing Role, SE doesn't get it. After Climactic and Strikeing our DD capabilitys are more then buffed.
    This is why the new direction SE is taking DNC makes less sense than temper existing.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Ok, on that atleast I can agree upon.

Judging from all this, in an ideal world, ternary should be changed to:

a) A defensive ability to compensate for the fact that we are expected to stay front line the whole time to do anything. Even running in to step the mob is dangerous with a lot of high end boss monster moves, many of which fan dance does nothing to protect you from (though maybe this could be alleviated if fan dance is changed to -damage taken instead of just physical and gains some form of enfeebling resistance/nullification property).

Maybe they could add defense in the form of enfeebling flourishes like something that acts like a CCB Polymer Pump for abit - obviosuly it would need to be on a really long (10 min+) cooldown if it lasted say, 2-3 mins so as not to make subtle blow gear and inhibit tp spells and abilities useless but still, it would give us a niche of a disabler in almost any fight.

or B) Supportive abilities that contribute something unique in big fights, maybe some auto-sustaining buffs that slowly drain TP (thus giving you more of a reason to use saber dance i suppose), or maybe something that reduces the cooldown of waltzes based on the number of hits you give (Like if any of you have played League of Legends, Taric the Gemknight's heal has a long cooldown that gets lower by afew seconds each time he hits an enemy, thus making it more practical to be front-line) or something. But ternary has to go. There's just no way around it devs.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is why the new direction SE is taking DNC makes less sense than temper existing.
    DNC is a healing/support job that fuels its healing and support by doing melee damage. Reasonable minds can disagree about whether focus ought to be on the melee damage (those who advocate playing DNC as a niche soloer/tank might say this) or the healing/support, but to say that DNC isn't a DD is just crazytalk. It's like saying PUP isn't a DD since the things that set PUP apart from other melee DDs don't really involve doing melee damage.

I forget who it was specifically who said this, but whoever it was was spot on when he said that it's ridiculous if DNCs complain about being unable to DD as well as a WAR, heal as well as a WHM, tank as well as a NIN, or support as well as a BRD and ignore the fact that they can do all four better than most.

I can't heal as well as a White Mage, but as long as White Mages don't become as evasive as Ninjas and have all their Cures replaced with Drains you can cast to heal other people, I'm okay with that. Dancer is fine.

EDIT: I still think that if a dancer is really serious about playing a support role, he or she should be asking for an enmity dump, because the real limiting factor on support DNC is that doing your job well means you are tanking, period, and even split Waltz timers wouldn't change this.

Concealing Flourish
    1-5 FMs
    2 minute cooldown
    Reduces enmity on current target by 20/40/60/80/99%
    (1)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-02-2011 at 03:29 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Not that it has anything to do with the fact that this job ability sucks, but....

Maybe a Defender like stance that lowers Damage output, emnity and Defense while shortening Waltz timers and boosting TP gain would be a good move.

That would keep dancer from being able to solo everything in the game, but still make it more viable for support.

A move that makes Healing waltz affect all party members in range would be cool too. maybe a 2-3 minute timer?
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast