Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Moonracer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Here's my thoughts; like em or not, up to yall. H2H on dnc, they either need to update and enhance, or remove entirely. Honestly IMO I don't really see where H2H fits with dnc in the first place. As far as the debate over whips go, if you think about it logically, that would actually fall more along the lines of Beastmaster. Fans would be awesome, I can even see one or two that would Augment Fan Dance (duh), or even better, allow a new weapon skill under the effects of Fan Dance while using a fan. Twin Hoops I could see happening, as dnc could use those fluidly, and wouldnt be much of a change to add such animations (just use a more continuous animation for dnc's existing JA animations, or shorter, one or the other.) Though, if they did this, may or may not require (hopefully require) a new set of weapon skills. Throwing IS the only attack skill that does not have a weapon skill set ANYWAY. Batons I could also see (sort of, reason following this comment), but if you go that indepth into it, other jobs complain, like bards wanting drums or something lol, i dunno. Also, to state my parenthesis comment on batons, the animations for weapon skills using batons just strikes me as wierd. The only fix for that would to be to add a weapon skill that fits baton style skills, since batons are considered different than traditional staves.

Just my thoughts, expand or bash as you wish.
    (0)

i really REALLY like how jambiya's look, always have and always will!

i love seeing lilisette wave them around looking awesome, and i really wish twashtar and daka could be swapped around
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Here's my take on the concept of combat fans for dancers, that I have thought would be very interesting and would dramatically change the job.

First and foremost, fans obviously can be dual wielded.

Second, when equipped with fans, a dancer no longer attacks. You heard me, the dancer doesn't attack.

Instead, Fan's have an extraordinarily high parry rate, and the dancer gains substantial amounts of TP on successful parries. At lower levels all the fans will have are traits like Waltz potency+, Emnitty+, tactical parry, etc etc.

But some of the higher tier, harder to obtain fans would have effects like Regain and countering.

Finally, counterattacks with fans would do substantial amounts of damage, as the fans have high damage for their "infinite" delay.

Eventually the concept of offhanding a fan as a form of psuedo combat shield becomes an option for a dancer, granting high tp gain and the ability to tank powerful enemies.

I don't think it would work well with post abyssea dancer, but back in the day it would've been a lot more viable. Nowadays dancer is less support and more DD, making these fans not as useful.
    (0)

Player
    I would still totally use them!
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4