Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Firinia View Post
    Thinking about it logically though, if they did this for DNC, they'd have to do it for all the other jobs. So it'd be a huge project.
    Like when they gave Blue Mage scimitars, and then they had to give new weapons to everyone? Oh wait....
    (2)

Player
    I think even giving them kick attacks with a dagger would be amazing, it would seem more "Dancer" like or new dances to where you actually move unlike Fan Dance, Saber Dance, etc~ Wouldn't it be something to see a Dancer Axe kick like Shiva~ Even if it was finishing move active-
    (2)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    to be honest a whip will never ever happen ever. SE would have to do cloth effects to make a whip work which they will not do because this game lacks collision maps the whips would tare through the ground your character ie everything. and if they were to try with out using cloth effects they'd need to add a lot more skeletal weights to character models to make them function with fluidity which i don't foresee SE ever doing nor wanting to do.
    (0)

Character
    Rexen
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Dancer's Mythic weapon seems kind of fan like. And it would be cool to have a unique class of weapon, it wouldn't be so bad to do, someone already meantioned scimitars for Blue Mage, and White Mage has hammers, Dragoons have lances. Can't think of anymore but they probably exist. It's not bad to add a weapon type to a job, just make the weapon and have only certain jobs equip the one of that type.

And I don't know why Jamesy but that sig makes me laugh so much.
    (0)

Character
    Firinia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I do believe it would be large project. Not just because of the who unique weapon thing, but because I would consider it a bit excessive to increase their abilities of hand to hand, allow the use of staves, on top of providing unique weapons of daggers and staves just for DNC. When PUP got their Hand to hand raised, it only raised the skill. No unique weapons were suddenly added for them. Same for BLU. BLU has always had its static sword skill so there was no huge change to them getting scimitars.

Don't get me wrong, I love DNC and would welcome this sort of variety to their weapon usage, but it would probably be too much to expect such a huge change for one job and then expect other jobs not to complain about it.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Making a new model of daggers, that look like fans would probably take maybe.... 5 minutes. Adding some new staves that look like batons....5 more minutes. Hand-to-Hand.... have you seen some of the wacky looking new h2h weapons monk has now?

Whips? I don't know, it might take a little more work, but seriously.... did you see all the stupid job specific animations they added just for fun without anybody asking for them? I don't think swinging a whip is any harder to program than making a ninja surf on top of a giant frog.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuka88 View Post
    I think even giving them kick attacks with a dagger would be amazing, it would seem more "Dancer" like or new dances to where you actually move unlike Fan Dance, Saber Dance, etc~ Wouldn't it be something to see a Dancer Axe kick like Shiva~ Even if it was finishing move active-
    Lol I've thought of this myself before... At least I'm not the only crazy one! ^^
    (0)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Making a new model of daggers, that look like fans would probably take maybe.... 5 minutes. Adding some new staves that look like batons....5 more minutes. Hand-to-Hand.... have you seen some of the wacky looking new h2h weapons monk has now?

Whips? I don't know, it might take a little more work, but seriously.... did you see all the stupid job specific animations they added just for fun without anybody asking for them? I don't think swinging a whip is any harder to program than making a ninja surf on top of a giant frog.

did you not read anything i posted about skeletons? whips wont ever work in the game ever. se would have two options 1 making them via cloth effects and they would rip through the games walls and floors or two change and add more skeletal weights to the game to make a flowing whip which they wont do.

and fans they wont add a whole new weapon type they just wont not to mention how they are held will not look right as daggers and square enix knows that
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I've not read the post so I don't know, but surely two hoops is more DNC in this game than a Whip.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    did you not read anything i posted about skeletons? whips wont ever work in the game ever. se would have two options 1 making them via cloth effects and they would rip through the games walls and floors or two change and add more skeletal weights to the game to make a flowing whip which they wont do.

and fans they wont add a whole new weapon type they just wont not to mention how they are held will not look right as daggers and square enix knows that
    I don't even want the whips, I actually think Daniel is right about the hoops, but your seriously making it sound like its way more complicated than it is. Do you honestly think that they can't just program an animation? It wouldn't look any more broken than the animations they already have for weapons. If you don't want a new weapon, just say you don't.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast