Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Considering the absurd block rate of Ochain, this ability isn't terribly impressive.

Yeah not everyone has an Ochain but it's not that hard to get either.

However didn't the update notes also say something about negating enmity loss while it's up? Has anyone tried tanking with it up vs say an Ukon WAR, or anything really that will give a well-geared PLD a run for their money (without Sentinel up obviously)
    (2)
    Last edited by Malacite; 09-03-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Character
    Ssweet
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Considering the absurd block rate of Ochain, this ability isn't terribly impressive.

Yeah not everyone has an Ochain but it's not that hard to get either.

However didn't the update notes also say something about negating enmity loss while it's up? Has anyone tried tanking with it up vs say an Ukon WAR, or anything really that will give a well-geared PLD a run for their money (without Sentinel up obviously)
    its a test server i barely see anyone on it. i doubt you will be able to give it any testing like that till it actually comes out. unless you got friends in the test server who aren't busy testing other stuff. Also enmity caps every one is going to hit it eventually all this new JA is going to do is let you keep it a little longer. you also need DD/blm who know how to control there hate plain and simple
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssweet View Post
    its a test server i barely see anyone on it. i doubt you will be able to give it any testing like that till it actually comes out. unless you got friends in the test server who aren't busy testing other stuff. Also enmity caps every one is going to hit it eventually all this new JA is going to do is let you keep it a little longer. you also need DD/blm who know how to control there hate plain and simple
    Those haven't existed since 2005. Anyone that does has existed since then.
    (4)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Ssweet
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Those haven't existed since 2005. Anyone that does has existed since then.
    well sue me for being oldschool then lol cause it exists in my head
    (1)

Some of us can still remember a time where you would be kicked out of parties for not knowing how to properly skillcahin. Ah, those were the days...

And yeah you can't get Empyreans in test server but you CAN get WoE +2's which is good enough. Just need a PLD to use this JA alongside a WAR with Maschu +2 and see if it helps. Ukon would be a bit more preferable as the AM is huge for WAR but oh well.
    (1)

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The proper way to test Palisade's "Elimination" of hate loss has less to do with damage dealt and more with damage taken. Volatile Enmity is going to decay at a constant rate, same as it always has, and while it'd be cute if Palisade froze that, I sincerely doubt that it will.

So in order to test the effects of Cumulative Enmity being lost, you'd need a scenario in which you're normally losing more than what you'll recap thru a melee swing or two. This says to me mobs that will take a LOT of your HP off at one time, and ideally don't take much in the way of physical damage. It'd be nice if it makes us immune to hate resets (or at least lets us keep our CE while VE is reset to 0), but I won't get my hopes up on that one until proven otherwise.
    (1)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    It's not hard to get an Ochain, but Carabosse Gems...now that's tough.
    (4)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was thinking the same thing, would be nice if it negated enmity reset.
    (1)

Player
    Wish this was a 'Perfect Block' like Seigan/Perfect counter in that it assures blocking will occur before it wears off. They could even give it a different text in the log so that if you block normally it doesnt make Palisade wear off, and if you block due to Palisade you get a different message. Kinda similar to how a normal counter proc doesn't nullify Perfect Counter.
    (1)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    i like that Ophannus. i hope they implement something good. its really not fair that we are getting ignored and we didn't get a spell... all last week pld threads were topping the charts and we get no response...

WHERE IS MY LOVE AT?

help
    (0)
    Nihonjin ga daisuki desu hohoho! m(_ _)m

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast