Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hey every job has those that suggest stupid things, and nobody else agrees with, I mean BLU's have their people that think they need god mode things with no balance or aquaveil for some stupid reason, and you have RDM's that want to use their worthless sword skills, and think they should get things along the lines of temper to boost them. The point is, every class has its worthless lot that are suggesting negative suggestions to the class, and in turn, holding it back. That is why some of us are here to keep it sane, and actually step in when it is straying away. I haven't used Heavy Strike yet, but I don't see much of an issue with it, I mean unless the accuracy rating is atrociously low, then there really isn't anything to whine about. Now are there those people that do bitch? Of course, should we listen to them and then think that they are the voice of the community that plays that job? Thats just ignorant. I mean its like that guy that suggested new mounts, with your logic, we should just label everybody in the game stupid because they wall want new mounts! No... Idk how you do surveys, but the idea is to get the general consensus, not walk into a village, find the village idiot, and then ask him a general question; then determine it is the consensus of the population.

The only thing I would say that needs a good fixing, is Barrier Tusk's duration, for the fact it does less then Phalanx, last less then phalanx, and costs more. Thats simply stupid. The rule of thumb when it comes to BLU is thus, if it costs more, it does more, if it costs less, it does less. I really don't think its a shot in the dark for such an adjustment. However, I digress, the point is, not all of us are bitching about things going on with BLU, alot of us are very much content. And I would hardly say the trolls are over here, just the ones that wanna make sure that DD RDMs stay exactly where it is, solo play and not cared for. Thats the goal of any BLU, because if RDM became close to BLU or a threat to it, there would be no point for the class, and I can honestly say this with out a doubt in my mind, and I promise you i will sleep like a baby tonight, RDM will never, rival, nor surpass BLU in DD. Yet again, I digress.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    FOR GODS SAKE.

NO ONE HERE CARES ABOUT BLUE MAGE.

STOP TELLING US STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW!!!

PS. If you were so sure RDM would never beat BLU you wouldn't be here crying so much to make sure they don't.
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Scuro? He's just another troll posting over here to stir up sh!t then telling his friends all about it.
    (2)

Player
    Which nukes are we comparing now? Got some numbers?
    (1)

Player
    I hate everyone who has ever posted in this topic and that includes myself.

Especially myself, actually.

Blue Mage's offensive magical aspects are good for casting Charged Whisker to kill a lot of stuff at once in Abyssea. Other than that, often short ranges and a limited selection of elements make nuking on Blue Mage a very niche affair.

I hate myself more now. So much more.
    (2)

Character
    Ciecle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Being a blu and rdm... i can say this idea has got NO potential what so ever... Unbridled Knowledge on blu is worth less then the mp to cast the spells atm... and the job ability will probably not be changed. blu has 2 spells that last for a shorter duration then that of the recast of the JA....

and serious question... Why do rdms want to be the main healer in parties again... I thought everyone fought so hard to get away from that to begin with...
    (0)
    Last edited by Ciecle; 09-12-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    FOR GODS SAKE.

NO ONE HERE CARES ABOUT BLUE MAGE.

STOP TELLING US STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW!!!

PS. If you were so sure RDM would never beat BLU you wouldn't be here crying so much to make sure they don't.
    Now, now, temper, temper. Thats quite apparent seeing as you are trying to steal more things from other jobs rather then developing original ideas, and yes Ciecle you are quite correct, much of what the JA grants now anyway is garbage and I think they will rarely ever be used. Kind of stupid that SE established such great ideas to make them so entirely worthless (and that is in junction with the original idea btw). Also again as I said, if nobody objects to the stupid ideas, then SE takes it as "oh hey looks like it can't be that bad of an idea" that is why I post, not because I'm afraid of what RDM will become, hell no, I'm just worried SE will actually listen to the ignorant and discuss or enact stupid ideas, when it has bigger things to deal/worry about then the garbage people post. I'm not a troll, I'm just here to balance is all, just because someone disagrees, it does not make them a troll. Just makes them the opposition.
    (0)
    Last edited by Scuro; 09-12-2011 at 03:40 PM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

It is hard to not take you as a troll when you hate RDM, seem to have limited aspect in RDM's capabilities beyond cycling (or at least seemingly unwilling to try and look past it), bashing RDM into the ground, and then come in claiming you know what it takes to put RDM back into the game.

People who have never been on RDM for such extended periods of time like myself and many of the other dedicated RDM's on here, know that RDM is extremely well developed as a concept and in design however that is the same reason it's stagnated for such a long period and for the most part has not grown since it's original redesign pre-NA release. It's not surprising that we get frustrated and ask for lot's of things to try and give the job more depth when jobs like BLU, SAM, SCH, DNC, etc. have had their 5th unnecessary upgrade this year. Perhaps the thing that irks most RDM's is SE has been afraid of overpowering RDM and thus have been reluctant to give us anything, however over the course of the game many jobs have been overpowered at one point or another, but even though they got scaled back a bit they still got their new upgrades.

And in truth it's hard to be original AND realistic within game mechanics, that's ALSO significant BUT NOT overpowering. There have been tons of original ideas presented, but most get shot down because someone has an issue with it in some way, SE said no, or the ideas just weren't feasibly realistic.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Now, now, temper, temper. Thats quite apparent seeing as you are trying to steal more things from other jobs rather then developing original ideas, and yes Ciecle you are quite correct, much of what the JA grants now anyway is garbage and I think they will rarely ever be used. Kind of stupid that SE established such great ideas to make them so entirely worthless (and that is in junction with the original idea btw). Also again as I said, if nobody objects to the stupid ideas, then SE takes it as "oh hey looks like it can't be that bad of an idea" that is why I post, not because I'm afraid of what RDM will become, hell no, I'm just worried SE will actually listen to the ignorant and discuss or enact stupid ideas, when it has bigger things to deal/worry about then the garbage people post. I'm not a troll, I'm just here to balance is all, just because someone disagrees, it does not make them a troll. Just makes them the opposition.
    I don't want this JA!?

I said specifically were it to be added the only point in my opinion was to give RDM access to the highest tier nuke/heal etcetera. That way RDM does something as a job it's not fully skilled to do, but can't take away from the main job.

I already put it across in other threads I'd like RDM to get spells like Phalanx III, Stoneskin II, Cure V and so on natively.

--

As for the poster who said RDM's want to be main healer, they don't! but when RDM is a terrible backup healer as well should a WHM drop that's bad design. VoidWatch as an example most of those NM's do double the DMG a RDM can heal.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Also again as I said, if nobody objects to the stupid ideas, then SE takes it as "oh hey looks like it can't be that bad of an idea" that is why I post, not because I'm afraid of what RDM will become, hell no, I'm just worried SE will actually listen to the ignorant and discuss or enact stupid ideas, when it has bigger things to deal/worry about then the garbage people post.
    I sympathize with this sentiment, even if I don't necessarily agree with your approach or the specific things you oppose.

Bad game design suggestions should be met with resistance rather than embraced. The issue is figuring out what's a good idea and what needs to be squashed lest the developers zero in on it and decide to make a colossal failure of an update(see: Dark Knight and Tactical Parry).
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5