Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    So, why is it okay for RDM to "steal" from WHM (Cure V) but not BLU, SCH, or DNC?
    Because it's the logical progression of a line of spells we acquire natively? Seriously, where was all the kicking and screaming when we got Shell V? Oh that's right, there was none even though we basically "stole" one of White Mage's best merits.

Yay for double standards.
    (2)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Because it's the logical progression of a line of spells we acquire natively? Seriously, where was all the kicking and screaming when we got Shell V? Oh that's right, there was none even though we basically "stole" one of White Mage's best merits.
    I could have sworn White Mage got Shellra V from merits. And that it was more potent than our rinky-dink single target spell could ever hope to be.

That's beside the point though, since the "double standard" is what Scuro's being called out on in the first place.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    You mean like Blue Mage is?
    "Oh excuse me, is."

Present tense.

As in happened already.

/sadface.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
    I could have sworn White Mage got Shellra V from merits. And that it was more potent than our rinky-dink single target spell could ever hope to be.

That's beside the point though, since the "double standard" is what Scuro's being called out on in the first place.
    Pretty much. And as noted of our Shell V, in comparison, it's hardly the game changer, perhaps ender for party-centric alternative roles, that Cure V would be.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Pretty much. And as noted of our Shell V, in comparison, it's hardly the game changer, perhaps ender for party-centric alternative roles, that Cure V would be.
    Why do people seem to think RDM/SCH getting what would be a gimped Cure V is game changing... Maybe for SCH with it's 60% potency it may be but not for RDM who for so long couldn't even cap 50% cure potency.
    (4)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post

Yay for double standards.
    Exactly, and that answers your question Seriah which should of been completely obvious. You get a series of cures, so it only makes sense. YOu don't need to play or appreciate RDM at all to know that it is a job that can cure lol. my RDM is 49, but I personally find it as of now, worthless, and I hate the class (yet I do appreciate those that play the job as a buffer and debuffer and do it damn fine). There is nothing right now that any other class can not do better then a RDM, except debuffing. Yet in Abyssea with mobs that are resistant to certain debuffs, just no point.

I bare no double standards, I'm a fair man, if this JA went through, congrats, it would be a shit idea for a RDM anyway since these spells that were named should of been given at 99 rather then have a JA to use em. I just believe that certain things should go to those jobs only, such as jobs with unique mechanics such as DNC, BLU, and SCH. They should be not given to other jobs. Yet RDM, WHM, SCH have all things in common, therefore much of their spell list should be SIMILAR. I mean it really should go with out saying that the next step for most of those mage classes is the next tier of a spell. In Abyssea Cure IV doesn't cut it, and I'm sorry, people talk about SCH's don't need it because of rapture, and for most cases this is true, but when you are booming off strats like they are going out of style, that rapture is a bit harder to do. My standards are not double, they are pretty blatantly fair and understandable. Idk if you think a Cure V is a stretch of the imagination for classes that CURE, well then I would strongly suggest you play the class over, unless you are a solo'n DD RDM, well then I guess keep doin what you're doin....
    (1)
    Last edited by Scuro; 09-04-2011 at 04:05 AM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Why do people seem to think RDM/SCH getting what would be a gimped Cure V is game changing... Maybe for SCH with it's 60% potency it may be but not for RDM who for so long couldn't even cap 50% cure potency.
    I'm going with this. Red Mage would not and could not replace White Mage against challenging monsters (also, the two work great together in these situations), and against anything else you'd have enough MP to do other stuff in addition to casting Cure spells. In fact, I suspect most groups would prefer if you did that other stuff to make up for the loss of a White Mage's amazing defensive abilities. I see it as win/win.

Of course there are exceptions like duoing in dynamis, but I guess casting Stone instead of stepping up to Dia II for magic procs could be considered a form of variety.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If BLU has stolen everything from other jobs, would you like to come up with new and unique things for every spell that BLU has that isn't related to any other spell in the game?
    (0)

9. 09-07-2011 11:30 PM

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Exactly, and that answers your question Seriah which should of been completely obvious. You get a series of cures, so it only makes sense. YOu don't need to play or appreciate RDM at all to know that it is a job that can cure lol. my RDM is 49, but I personally find it as of now, worthless, and I hate the class (yet I do appreciate those that play the job as a buffer and debuffer and do it damn fine). There is nothing right now that any other class can not do better then a RDM, except debuffing. Yet in Abyssea with mobs that are resistant to certain debuffs, just no point.

I bare no double standards, I'm a fair man, if this JA went through, congrats, it would be a shit idea for a RDM anyway since these spells that were named should of been given at 99 rather then have a JA to use em. I just believe that certain things should go to those jobs only, such as jobs with unique mechanics such as DNC, BLU, and SCH. They should be not given to other jobs. Yet RDM, WHM, SCH have all things in common, therefore much of their spell list should be SIMILAR. I mean it really should go with out saying that the next step for most of those mage classes is the next tier of a spell. In Abyssea Cure IV doesn't cut it, and I'm sorry, people talk about SCH's don't need it because of rapture, and for most cases this is true, but when you are booming off strats like they are going out of style, that rapture is a bit harder to do. My standards are not double, they are pretty blatantly fair and understandable. Idk if you think a Cure V is a stretch of the imagination for classes that CURE, well then I would strongly suggest you play the class over, unless you are a solo'n DD RDM, well then I guess keep doin what you're doin....
    Your RDM is only 49 and you profess to hating the job. Why do you keep posting in RDM forums?
    (4)
    I believe it's entirely possible to promote ideas and feedback without resorting to screaming matches, troll-fests, or unnecessary self-aggrandizement with heavy-handed condescension. SE is much more likely to listen to reasonable posts rather than screaming matches. Speak like an adult, if you wish to be treated like one.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Because someone has to keep the RDMs in check, and some body has to wade through all the BS and whining to know what is going on in other classes. And tbh, I laugh when RDMs talk about how other classes are complaining, but RDMs are the worst, and have been for YEARS, I would even argue since the dawn of FFXI lol. Contrary to what others think, I do honestly believe that the opinions shared on this forum matter, and that they do read and listen to what we say or discuss. And if such idiocy is mainstreamed and eventually becomes a fact of the game, I can only blame myself and others that didn't bother to step in and place the boot of reason on the ass of a RDM's idea. I do not shun all ideas, and I usually add what should be the focus, and if I do agree with an idea, I will either accept it outright or say means in which it should be adjusted.

And honestly, it doesn't take a level 90 RDM to figure out what the job does, thats like saying the complexity that is WHM.... What a joke, I mean sure you should regulate your hate and such with cures, yet any PLD can understand that since they are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Simple understandings of the mechanics/spells/tools give you a very clear understanding of the job. It really doesn't take a genius to play RDM, it just takes good distribution of buffs, and a good eye on timers, as well as health bars, and decent debuff gear, INT gear, and MND gear to play the job. If a 90 is what warrants a discuss on such a simplistic job, hell give me a weekend and I'll have the job, which is basically deemed worthless in terms of having SCH or WHM leveled, high enough so that I can still post my exact opinions in such threads.

If you want complexities, play PUP or BLU, now that takes some know how, when it comes to RDM, I refresh, I haste, I cure, I regen if possible, I paralyze (II), I slow, and I blind if possible (oh and maybe pop of a nuke or two just to feel like I'm contributing other then sitting there with my thumb up my arse). I basically just nutshelled the role of a RDM, at least in Abyssea. And for those that say "Well thats Abyssea!", of course, because thats the only content that people are playing, and until that becomes obsolete, there is no point in discussing other content that I can practically solo on my 90 BLU or low man.
    (0)
    Last edited by Scuro; 09-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast