Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    Anyone getting doom before DRK is a crock of crap.
    Oh excuse me, is.

Especially RDM. Derp.
    Death is DRK's spell.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    Anyone getting doom before DRK is a crock of crap.
    Oh excuse me, is.

Especially RDM. Derp.
    You mean like Blue Mage is?
    (2)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Meh BLUs that ask for Composure are stupid and probably burned the job up through abyssea, and most likely area bunch of lazys. BLU doesn't need Composure, BLU COULD use Phalanx, and I don't think thats much to ask since well... SMN gets it as well as PLD, so saying thats a RDM exclusive makes me lol a lil (if you were trying to say it was originally RDM, then yes I would agree, but is it now... no) yet we also have Saline coat which reduces magical damage, cocoon which increases phsycal def to 50% and Magic barrier which is a magical stoneskin of sorts, so I would say that it would be nice to have a phalanx like spell, but not entirely necissary. Reraise, would be nice, we are a mage class of sorts, and I don't think its entirely out of the question since we are not exactly asking for a Reraise IV or some shit. Also saying that a mob doesn't use reraise, doesn't mean a whole lot, did Battery Charge refresh MP for pots? Did Reaving Wind only whipe TP? No. These were spells that were modified for the job class, and I don't think it would be entirely out of the question to grant another such spell.

Shell and protect, again spells that are not exactly ridiculously out of the realms of a MAGE hybrid class much as RDMs, except we differ by EXCELLING in the front line. To say that we are a class that should be dependent on other mage jobs is kind of out of the question seeing as all the various buffs, debuffs, dd and nuke spells we recieve. I would hardly think a Tier III, IV Protect and shell spell (Please look up Crystalline Cocoon if you think such a mob ability could not exist for BLUs to obtain such a buffing spell) would break the game, and if it did, then I would hardly think its BLU that needs to be gimped as much as every other job would need to get boosted, or user error to a point in which they should play another class.

For the traits, using that as an argument as "ripping off" is silly. So your telling me everytime I /WAR and get double attack my PLD is ripping off double attack? or everytime my SCH/RDM uses blink I'm just a mock of RDM? No, nobody says that, and if you want to say "well thats subs!" Well consider the fact that we have to be limited by Blue Magic points, as well as have to sift out what spells we desire as well as JAs and stats in order to actually do what we do. If such limitations were not placed on the job I would say then that yes the job is a rip off and broken. Yet it is extremely limited by only receiving Tier 1 Traits. I hardly think that qualifies. Also our spells while they are similar to your own, they also are different. Such as our blink is 7 shadows while yours is less for example, however it costs more and the recast is more. BLU is not meant to be purely original in the sense of its tools, rather in the application of spells and its play style. Of course the spells are not original, they come from mobs, and mobs that are based on other jobs. Do you say that a SCH or RDM is ripping off a BLM by using Tier IV nukes? No, you just accept that it is another class that can do a similar job, but differently.

And DRK got a Scythe that gives death, so I think you are fine, granted its arguably better or worse then Mortal Ray since ours is a 60 second counter that requires us within range, and has low accuracy of landing. And who still plays DRK anyway? I'm pretty sure that job has all be extinct as far as Abyssea content is concerned.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Tbh you can't really get anything in this game now that does not step on some jobs toes.

To be fair people should not be comparing RDM to BLU in terms of hybrid class. There are so many things that set BLU apart mostly due to the way it was designed. Besides the fact that BLU's magic is limited to the amount of ability points it can fit in, most spells have long cast/recast timers, most of it's traits are dependent on the combination of spells used, and many of a BLU's spells were specifically designed and tied into it's skill with whatever type of weapon equipped, this allows BLU to be flexible but at the same time it's very limited where it cannot access all of it's spells at any given time.

RDM does not have any of this and their skills are all treated separately with no real interaction with each other when being cast, the upside is we can access all our spells at any given time.

(Little behind on the topic so I thought id just save space instead of double posting)
    (5)
    Last edited by Swords; 09-03-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    most other jobs(most whm) say cure5 or other spells too good for rdm,

but this spells use with a 5 min. JA- is this not ok?
    suggestion from me. Its a way for better spells and not overp. rdm

And idk why a blu say that is a rip off blu. Can have only blu good updates?
    (0)
    Last edited by Lilia; 09-03-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Player
    I think this is a silly idea. I would not enjoy parts of our spellbook being tied to a JA.
    (1)

Player
    I can't even make a lame joke about how poor an idea this is.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    This is sooo lame. This reminds me of the whole "stance" suggestions in wiki. Basically when RDM, nin and WHM got theirs suddenly everyone wanted a "stance". Now we have the new "extra knowledge/ability/spells" when a 2 hours is used, now people want it too.

Just simply give RDM's those tier 2 or 3 spells and leave it at that. I'd also would like them to be solo casted, rather than target just to screw over parties that force RDM's into being haste/refresh bots.
    (2)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Honestly being a SCH, I think RDM and SCH should receive Cure V, since in this day and age, IV just doesn't compete, and the amount of hate it generates is certainly limiting to the curing class, except WHM. While many WHMs would say that giving us a Cure V would BREAK it, I disagree. WHMs are exceptional healers for far more reason other then the fact that they have Cure V. BLU is a job in which its mechanic is that the spells are limited. SE took suggestions of a JA that releases all spells, and limited it (because such an idea as I was saying in the BLU forum, would be stupid, and broken, and disobey the entire mechanic that is BLU) to HNM spells. No other job (other then SCH) works like this where a JA is required in order to obtain the use of additional spells. Should RDM get better buff spells? Yes I strongly agree, because in my eyes, the class is a debuffer and a buffer, so what better idea then to give them better bufffing spells. It shouldn't be attached to some JA, because that is a mechanic that belongs to hybrid jobs such as BLU and SCH. It should be granted natively, or hell maybe even the extended merits they have been talking about.

And to nutshell why its a rip off. You didn't even bother to change the name of the JA from the one that will be given to BLU, and your mechanic steals from SCH and BLU like mechanics. Its much like when people were trying to get RDM to be a DD, they were supporting the idea of endebuff spells that the more you hit the more % a debuff was enhanced. Which this basically straight up takes away from a DNC, and even exceeds the class in which such a mechanic should ACTUALLY belong to. I'm more then behind the idea of RDM getting better buffs, just keep it in the original mechanic that it is. Don't ask for a JA, make them native, because honestly, the spells you are asking for as a Tier II, really are not a stretch of the imagination when you think about us coming to level 99. (Although to be frank, good luck with getting Doom, we are already pissing off BLMs and DRKs by having a spell that inflicts it as BLUs.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Scuro; 09-03-2011 at 07:18 PM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So, why is it okay for RDM to "steal" from WHM (Cure V) but not BLU, SCH, or DNC?

Personally, I don't like this idea (namely that it will most likely include restrictive timers and too broad a spell library), but the flimsy, opinionated retorts against pretty much everything suggested on this board because "It's not RDM!" are getting stale, especially from those who don't have the job leveled, geared, and appreciable firsthand experience in it.
    (4)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast