Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Issekigan...

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Hope the devs see this thread then, going to add a tag.

Devs, please consider a 3 min cooldown for Issekigan. While 5 min isn't too horribly long, 3 minutes might provide a more dynamic play for most battles. 30 seconds is very brief especially when you look at how often you would potentially need to switch between Utsusemi Ichi and Ni. But if 3 minutes is tipping the game balance, I wouldn't mind settling for Utsusemi San in the near future.
    (0)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    for those with low parry skill, these results may be misleading, possibly a test of your base parry rate at capped skill without the job ability could show the difference.
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The test server currently has the adjustments to parrying planned for the upcoming update already applied. It seems that parrying attacks is going to happen more frequently regardless. But that seems beside the fact. Unfortunately I will be unable to test the effects low parrying even on my own server as my parrying is currently at 328.
    (0)
    Last edited by ThaiChi; 08-31-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    would take some parse data regardless, but with 330~350 parry skkill, capped parry rate of 15-20%, apply JA for 25-30%+ parry rate. seems decent overall on paper.
    (0)

Issekigan was designed as an ability that makes it easier for the player to avoid attacks and target the opponent.

As I'm sure you know, the order for avoiding attacks goes: Evade>Parry>Utsusemi, so the stronger the opponent (with higher physical attack accuracy), the bigger the effects.

We have received feedback saying that "I would like this ability to parry every time, so I can use it to support Utsusemi," but this would make the ability way too strong, so we cannot implement this kind of change.

However, we felt like the effect duration was too short, so we changed the duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. This has been reflected in the Test Server, so try it out!
    (5)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This spell already seemed really good and you made it better O_o

Why can't you guys fix spells that obviously suck and update them properly? Your change to bully doesn't make the ability better at all..just barely usable now ._.
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Scarlet Delirium still sucks, what the hell SE?

You made Samurai stuff from GOOD TO AMAZING?
    (2)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

That is a very favorable compromise. Thank you!
    (1)
    Last edited by ThaiChi; 09-03-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Tested again. This time in PvP against a MNK95/WAR47. He used aggressor and defender. I was NIN/PLD for Sentinel. I used an earth staff so I wouldn't kill him. So out of this sample test we could see the how effective it is with a larger volume of attacks that actually land.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/issekipvp.jpg/

The count this time is ~50 parries out of ~97 attacks. The attempt prior to this was lost in the chat log but the MNK who helped me out counted something to the effect of 30 parries out of 50 attacks. (I was using my Katanas then, so I ended up killing him faster than either HF or Issekigan could wear off).

Against another player who could hit me pretty accurately, its nice to see this many parries in the chat log.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This is awesome. Can you guys put it on thief too and get rid of bully?
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast