Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't even see why it's necessary to have the acc gimped on even normal mobs. Any DD worth their salt will have a higher weaponskill frequency than once every 30 seconds, and will certainly be doing the same and often more damage than Heavy Strike (without CA/EFF).

Can't think of any other reason why they would gimp it aside from other jobs b***chin'.
    (2)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    they looked at it as; "high dmg, low mp cost... ok give it low accuracy". idk what was said on the JP forums that made them lower the acc further, but w/e the case we still dont know how it will perform against NM's yet. we have lower level spells that say "crit varies with TP" so maybe one of those can be useful on NM's.

even tho i dont think we got screwed this update, if they dont pick it up from 95-99 i will be really upset.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiledsickness View Post
    they looked at it as; "high dmg, low mp cost... ok give it low accuracy". idk what was said on the JP forums that made them lower the acc further, but w/e the case we still dont know how it will perform against NM's yet. we have lower level spells that say "crit varies with TP" so maybe one of those can be useful on NM's.

even tho i dont think we got screwed this update, if they dont pick it up from 95-99 i will be really upset.
    No, we do know how it will work on NMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valefor.Prothescar
    Finally got around to testing Heavy Strike on Hahava, and it's kind of bittersweet. Was able to squeeze in 4-5 casts per pop between Fanatic's and landed Sudden Lunges (more below).

In STR gear with Sole Sushi, I was having an astoundingly hard time landing the spell at all, when it did hit it hit for 300~500. On the 4th or 5th run I decided to try TP gear for the extra ACC, and it made a large difference (obviously); landed far more casts, but the damage obviously suffered. CA+Efflux damage was pretty nice considering the mob, but I didn't get a large sample size on that since I didn't feel like running back 50+ times.

A sample of the damage:
    No CA:

CA:

Overall the shitawful accuracy had given me the overwhelming urge to strangle badgers. Would seem that my previous premonitions were wrong and the ACC is pretty damn bad. :\

For comparison, Sudden Lunge and Vanity Dive had more casts and landed almost constantly in STR gear.
    (1)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As I said in another thread, I think all BLU's at least in the forums, should not use the new spells at all, and tell as many people as possible and hopefully SE notices that nobody is using it. I mean if they are going to give us shit spells, why not let them know just how worthless and useless they are.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That hasn't made them rework any of our multitude of other hideously useless spells, so in the end it would only amount to an immature way of saying we didn't get the toys we wanted. :\ Just have to make the best of what we get.
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As a fix, I propose that the accuracy of Heavy Strike should be commensurate with the target's level. The higher the target's level, the greater it's innate accuracy. This way, it can still maintain it's niche function while still keeping things on an even footing with the other jobs as well as our other physical DD spells.
    That's an interesting idea, I wish the HNM spells would work that way at least. I think it could be difficult though.
    (1)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    As a fix, I propose that the accuracy of Heavy Strike should be commensurate with the target's level. The higher the target's level, the greater it's innate accuracy. This way, it can still maintain it's niche function while still keeping things on an even footing with the other jobs as well as our other physical DD spells.
    This is an interesting idea. I wonder hard it would be to implement, though. Until 75+, almost none of our spells were very unique so I'm skeptical of how much time the team can invest on each individual spell.

Part of me is just glad that we're finally getting unique stuff instead of the same five spells updated for the next ten levels, but a far greater part wishes the unique stuff could help with the "spell attack is rubbish against anything with a funny name" issue that's been present since day one.
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10