Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ameglemorine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Temper

I do agree that temper is a bit of a waste "by itself". +5% gives you a greater chance of double attack but also defeats the purpose of RDM not having a "natural" Double attack trait(war) which makes Temper a redundant spell when used by itself. Example, using a Triple Dagger via RDM with 1% chance of landing a triple attack within one round of attacks is possible. But, what is the chances of that actually executing each round? Haste spell and Haste samba with dual wield via DNC subjob can increase the chances of triple attack executing but that's only because of the delay time for each round is shorten til haste samba caps. Yet, this still makes triple dagger useless as a tp feeder via rdm because rdm does not have a "Natural" Triple Attack trait(thf). But, with all the DA gear we already have access to RDM , temper can add a bit more to your damage over time. With that being said, we all have to understand why SE decided to make temper less dominate over an 10% Double Attack trait. Remember all, being a RDM is like having a box of tools at hand. We use the right tools for the right situation. This is what makes RDM so unique.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ameglemorine; 08-31-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Temper should have been a job trait....i'm just saying SE.

Being a swiss army knife and having the right tool for the situation is nice and all but when our objective is to chop down a tree as fast as you can adding another tiny +5% DA blade to our repertoire isn't going to help when everyone else is already using a chainsaw.

I'm really not so sure why they are being as timid as they are with the new Red Mage abilities when they are already making Sam and Blu into demi-gods without our assistance.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Temper was so far, done poorly, would you like them to be screwing up the support aspects like that as well? If nothing else, consider these buffs as training for what they should be doing with our support role.
    Umm what?
    I can get on board with them enhancing all aspects of the job, I like to mage as much as I like to melee. But Temper is identical to enspells, its something that exists for us to enhance our melee damage. Expecting it to enhance our mage side is like asking for Cure IV / Thunder IV to enhance our melee side, not really gonna happen.

Try to think of it like this,

Enspells was so far, done poorly, would you like them to be screwing up the support aspects like that as well? If nothing else, consider these buffs as training for what they should be doing with our support role.
    Hmm.

Plus Temper will now be increased via enhancing magic, which makes it perfect for melee RDM's.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Umm why are people still crying over this, they've already stated its' going to go up with enhancing magic. I got 60+ enhancing magic skill worth of gear, I'm not worried about it being "too weak". It'll hit 10% at least, don't know about 15~20 though, that depends on how they apply it.

If you want another demonstration of a spell with a low base stat look at Gain-MND. Starts at +5 @300 skill, gains +1 for every 10 skill. Now "5 base" on a state seems silly and weak, 5 STR or DEX isn't anything to write home about. But after scaling it'll be +20 for me at 95, which is most definitely something to rejoice about. I look at Temper the same way, 5% at some level, then going up with each tier after that. Knowing SE they'll just reuse the Gain-Stat formula but impose a 10/15/20 limit on the stat, which is perfectly fine with me.

Seriously, you people expecting +30/40/50 are kinda off your rocker as much as the guys demanding it be cast-able on others.

And BTW, cease with all this "demi-god buffer" nonsense, it's a poor translation. The JP text state's that we turn OURSELVES into "demi-gods" while supporting the party by weakening the monster. It translated poorly due to subject / verb placement and phrasing. Thank god I know people who can read Japanese.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post

/slowclap

waita go SE
    My sentiments exactly. SE listening to people who probably only have RDM lvled, and got it to 90 in Abyssea and think the job should be competing with WARs and MNKs on the front lines.

I can't wait to see the first fool who comes to a VW run as RDM saying "but i got temper now bro" and starts attacking only to be floored within the first 20 seconds of the fight.
    This is just utter nonsense. wars,mnks,sams,drgs,nins,drks who will wipe the floor with RDM's dps already have issues going up against a lot of these new VW NMs, and can be one shotted more often than not.

If anything SE is supporting a new generation of emo RDMs who are going to do nothing but whine about "but i got temper bro".

Take your temper and go solo Fafnir and Khim ... Bro.

What SE thinks RDM should be is pointless and bears no weight on how we play this game. What RDM actually is, is what the community determines it to be by finding a use for it.

RDMs had a spot on the front lines before they nerfed the hell out of their enmity generating spells.
    The only use the community has for RDMs is as an enhancer/buffer/enfeebler. They've fallen behind sine the level cap rise and as a result are sidelined.
    That could have been fixed and the job could have been given spells like SlowIII, ParalyzeIII, PhalanxIII, Haste2/Hastega, reflect, Demi... but instead we keep seeing them get spells that enhance their own pathetic dps.

if this generation of RDMs want to play a mage job that is a hybrid caster and damage dealer, go level BLU. Blu is an insane DD.
    (3)
    Last edited by Cursed; 08-31-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    My sentiments exactly. SE listening to people who probably only have RDM lvled, and got it to 90 in Abyssea and think the job should be competing with WARs and MNKs on the front lines.
    Oh look, another person that doesn't even have the job leveled complaining about it...

I don't think anyone is expecting Rdm to beat Mnk and War on the front lines, but it'd be nice to at least not need an emp WS weapon to beat a non emp WS Brd or Whm...
    (4)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    *tap-out*
    I'm done this is giving me a head ache, the idea of RDM DD is vomit inducing honestly. SE needs to just stick with their guns and make the job a buffer and a debuffer, because it won't compete with BLU. So why bother. TBH, Temper should of gone to BLU if it was going to be a self-cast only that can't bee Accessioned out... Talk about such a waste, I mean at least if it went to BLU it would oh.... idk.... actually get used lol. Seeing as we have a god amount of double attack gear for being a hybrid job.
    (3)
    Last edited by Scuro; 08-31-2011 at 08:20 PM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have a spell creation template where you just punch in all the variables like MP cost, Recast, valid targets, and so on. Click confirm and it generates the code the game would need to actually insert it. Creating the actual animations should be the more time consuming part. But hey, it's easy to call something a waste of time if it doesn't benefit you in some way.
    They probably do, but what do you think it actually puts out given some of the bugs we've seen after updates? I wouldn't be shocked in the least if typing in "+5% Double Attack/3 Minute Duration/36 MP Cost" produced a spell that summoned a headless Genbu for thirty minutes at the expense of 3.6 TP and required twenty-four man-hours to repair.
    (1)

Character
    Bigboy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Correct, it is a Hybrid job. {Please check it.}
    Please note: It is a hybrid Black Mage / White Mage. If you were supposed to be on the front line, you would already be there. You would natively get good WS for your primary weapon, etc.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    *tap-out*
    I'm done this is giving me a head ache, the idea of RDM DD is vomit inducing honestly. SE needs to just stick with their guns and make the job a buffer and a debuffer, because it won't compete with BLU. So why bother. TBH, Temper should of gone to BLU if it was going to be a self-cast only that can't bee Accessioned out... Talk about such a waste, I mean at least if it went to BLU it would oh.... idk.... actually get used lol. Seeing as we have a god amount of double attack gear for being a hybrid job.
    You know Rdm is only ~3% DA and 1% TA behind BLU equipment wise for their best sets, right? The major difference is the settable trait.
    (4)

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast