Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcato

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm also curious as well, when you say "4:30 of a slightly powerful song." Songs generally last around 3:00min~ now depending on which song it is with AF3+2 and their +3 Instrument. I'm just wondering if you got 4:30 with Troubadour, since it should really be 6:00min~ (possibly even 6:24min). It would be nice to have it on a 5min Recast timer though, especially if it can augments debuffs.

I'm really curious to see if it can work with Finale actually lol, if we could potentially get rid of two or more status buffs with Marcato+Finale... could be interesting lol. How useful this is compared to a stronger song though... :/
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Marcato doesn't stack with SV.

It only enhances the duration of Scherzo

It also increases the duration of Elegy.

It's kinda bad.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Any effect on Lullaby duration?
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Marcato had no effect on Lullaby duration.

It also had no effect on Elegy duration, for me anyway.

Also scherzo caps from skill at 800 combined for 45% damage annulled and 49% with +4 from g.horn/AF3+2 feet.

New songs:

Horde Lullaby II
    Chocobo Hum (Enhances resistance against paralysis for party members within area of effect)
    Cactuar Fugue(Enhances resistance against weight for party members within area of effect)
    Ice Carol II
    Pining Nocturne

Pining Nocturne does not overwrite itself like Elegy(not even a SV, marcato or troubadour'd one) and does not stack with Addle.

**Ninja edit: Pining Nocturne not Pinning Nocturne.**
    (0)
    Last edited by Reain; 09-02-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Character
    Shourin
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Does Marcato make songs land when normally they do not? i.e. Threnodies on resistant mobs?
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    Marcato had no effect on Lullaby duration.

It also had no effect on Elegy duration, for me anyway.

Also scherzo caps from skill at 800 combined for 45% damage annulled and 49% with +4 from g.horn/AF3+2 feet.

New songs:

Horde Lullaby II
    Chocobo Hum (Enhances resistance against paralysis for party members within area of effect)
    Cactuar Fugue(Enhances resistance against weight for party members within area of effect)
    Ice Carol II
    Pinning Nocturne

Pinning Nocturne does not overwrite itself like Elegy(not even a SV, marcato or troubadour'd one) and does not stack with Addle.
    Bolded is truly unfortunate... Feel like it should definitely be able to stack with Addle. Strange it can't be overwritten either, considering all songs (except for Lullaby of course) can be overwritten... Hopefully SE fixes this. Seems like how you told me yourself how they just copy/pasted Addle the spell into song form, but didn't really change any of its attributes (thus it can't be overwritten like normal songs and doesn't stack with the spell Addle) lol x.x

So did they ninja add songs into this update with Hum/Fugue? I know {Hum} has been in the auto translate forever now and I -think- perhaps long ago it was an actual song? Either way, should be interesting @_@

Thank you for results and confirmation on Scherzo!
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by shourin View Post
    Does Marcato make songs land when normally they do not? i.e. Threnodies on resistant mobs?
    Marcato + Earth Threnody did not land on Jormungand with G. Horn(only 1 attempt cause 10 min recast). I believe Marcato at the moment is a 1 song Soul voice and does the same to songs as soul voice would, until they make it weaker anyway.

Was able to land Pining Nocturne 1/1 on Jormungand with a Harp also, although Jorm is weak to fire.

Assuming +4 March from Instrument/AF3+2 Hands
    Marcato V.March (320/1024) + Haste (150/1024) = 470/1024 (*capped at 448/1024)
    Marcato V.March(320/1024)+Advancing March(128/1024)= 448/1024

Which would mean the test server version of Marcato would allow for capped magic haste without Advancing March if you had the haste spell and capped magic haste with March X2 without Soul Voice/Haste for the duration of the Marcato'd V.March. Which is pretty nice. It's gonna be frustrating if when they weaken it we need to use Advancing March to get the last few percent. Hopefully we get our Tier 3 March/Madrigal/Mambo.

Someone could check my maths.

Marcato Ballad3 + Ballad 2 with g.horn and AF3+2 legs = 20mp/tick on test server. lol.

Just done some more testing with Pining Nocturne and it seems duration is affected by combined skill, possibly 2 skill=+1 second, I need to test some more. Marcato did not increase Pining Nocturne's duration.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reain; 09-02-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Does Nocturne have a base duration? 1 min? 3 min?
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Does Nocturne have a base duration? 1 min? 3 min?
    Seemed to be about 2 minutes on most mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't know about base duration but here are some very rough numbers:

722 skill =3mins52
    794 skill=4mins28
    852 skill and +3 from G.horn= 6mins32

This was on low level bats at the entrance of quifim island.

I need to test some more because these aren't the most accurate figures and I didn't check it with troubadour yet. I don't think RDMs will be too happy that Square-Enix have given Addle to WHM and BRD this update, especially if a G.horn bard can land 13min Addles with troubadour
    (0)
    Last edited by Reain; 09-02-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast