Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If draw-in, or dragging the mob to you, is too difficult to program for, perhaps they could just tell the mob that you're on top of the hate list and have it run to you. Preferably in front of you. <,<
    (0)

Character
    Lathos
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 94
    pld voke should hold hate better it really sux that u can voke the dam thing every 30 secs and cure 40 times and still have the hate bounce around llike that this sounds like a good ability give us a way to do what were sposed to even if a blm cast whatever spell i should be able to hold hate regardless as a pld aka true tank
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Yeah, maybe PLD's should have an innate Provoke ability plus the "emnity absorb" ability I threw out there. (Absorbs emnity from the party like Blood Saber absorbs HP from enemies). It would get us away from subbing /WAR just for Provoke and allow us more combinations to play around with and still keep us as the dominate tank job, like a real dual-wielding PLD tank or a GSD/Staff PLD/SAM tank.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lathos View Post
    pld voke should hold hate better it really sux that u can voke the dam thing every 30 secs and cure 40 times and still have the hate bounce around llike that this sounds like a good ability give us a way to do what were sposed to even if a blm cast whatever spell i should be able to hold hate regardless as a pld aka true tank
    VE from Voke decays until after 30 seconds you're pretty much back to where you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    If draw-in, or dragging the mob to you, is too difficult to program for, perhaps they could just tell the mob that you're on top of the hate list and have it run to you. Preferably in front of you. <,<
    It's not like I don't know, this doesn't happen already...
    (0)

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    actual "draw in" reset your characters map position.

In the same way players can do it w/o much effort from SE.
    Anyone who has ever goofed off in palborough mines knows this.
    You can make an insanely large train and run to the elevator. once you activate the elevator the game draws all monster directly to you and directly on top of eachother. looks as if it is only one monster sometimes. being able to do this would definalty help with shield blocking lol but unlikely SE would add something like this.

Imagine the "i dont leave this room" NM's ppl could drag around. Faffy for example.
    (0)

cool idea, kinda makes me wonder why pld doesn't have something like this already.. that being said i agree that the ability to just move mobs at will might be a bit broken.. remember that first av kill? would be pretty easy to do stuff like that with a pld teleporting mobs to the other side of walls and what have you.

why not, instead... some kind of guaranteed attention grabber.. that works outside of the enmity system. kinda like how provoke works in PvP. hate doesn't matter, you're targeting the guy that provoked you. so for whatever duration, that mob is forced after the pld. gives time to regain normal enmity, and prevents the "don't run, you'll just die tired" situations.
    (0)

Character
    Evilvivi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Doing damage is a guaranteed attention grabber.
    (1)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Just like before, posts assuming it would work like mob draw in. I should never have used the words "draw in" in the OP or thread title people are just going to keep assuming you can spam or drag mobs through walls etc...And yes we all know doing damage creates better hate go compete with a self skillchain for upwards of 8k damage and tell me pld can compete on DD'ing for hate. Pld needs another tool to perform its function (hate control) in the presence of party member who flat out cap their hate.
    (1)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 04-02-2011 at 04:51 PM.

It doesn't matter if PLD can compete with the damage a real DD deals, as long as PLD can deal enough damage to cap its own hate then they're both at capped hate. Pretty much anyone can get capped hate in Abyssea by blinking if they want to. Even Outside, as the content there is level 75, it's not very difficult.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    as long as PLD can deal enough damage to cap its own hate then they're both at capped hate
    When a DD caps hate PLD becomes useless becau- *stops explaining*

You know what? By explaining this I'm getting off my own topic, the JA was never a "how to fix pld" (though I did intend it to be useful) but quips about damage for hate are bringing up paladins damage potential. Listen, I don't care if someones idea of fixing pld is making it do more damage, or if they think pld is fine as is. This isn't the thread for it. Please, just leave it out of here guys. In fact it'd be nice if you'd let the thread die, I did a crappy job explaining it anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 04-02-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2