Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Temper info

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's one thing to want caster buffs, it's another to blanketly assume the melee camp is dumb as well as any idea toward helping it. Note that she wants to take Temper away to replace it with her ideal and not even attempt to compromise. If the intent is to instigate a negative reaction, mission accomplished.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Temper is so weak, and RDM melee is so weak, that the ability might as well not exist. I want them to not waste dev time, or any time at all looking at peoples feedback/editing the spell/etc and instead scrap it entirely and give us something useful.

Also, yeah, tons of trolling/flaming from me clearly :/
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    It's one thing to want caster buffs, it's another to blanketly assume the melee camp is dumb as well as any idea toward helping it. Note that she wants to take Temper away to replace it with her ideal and not even attempt to compromise. If the intent is to instigate a negative reaction, mission accomplished.
    The thing is, the people in the melee camp aren't 'dumb' as people, but the idea of a melee rdm is dumb as the game currently stands and giving a spell that gives a whopping 5% DA is not helping matters.

Unless they made Temper a 30% activation rate and made it stack with en-spells, rdm melee will still be lol. And no, that wouldn't be 'overpowered', it'd be the minimum as there's such a gap to bridge between a normal melee and a rdm, you'd need something drastic.
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Just curious as to why you think Shiyo is flaming and trolling? I don't see them specifically attacking any poster so they can't be flaming, and they are stating an opinion of what they feel the Rdm job needs, so I don't see that as being particularly troll worthy. You may not agree with the opinion, but it's far, far away from trolling. And quite frankly I think Shiyo is right, Rdm needs something that will actually benefit what they do in party situations i.e. a buff to their enhancing/enfeebling capability, not just something to help them swing their sword more against trash mobs.
    Which is why you think she's not at troll, she's agreeing with you.

Just read over every one of her posts, their abrasive, rude, antagonistic and in every way the definition of a flamebait troll. She comes on here with the single intention of stiring up sh!t and thus I've put her on the ignore list. If all the people would stop replying to her troll posts then she's fade away.

Now we could get into this protracted debate about pro / con and what not, but you have zero intention of listening or taking anyone else seriously, thus I'll just cut to the end. You desire RDM to never melee and thus would rename the job to "SCH", "WHM-2" or "BLM-2" which is what it basically becomes once your remove the melee aspect. I don't care if it helps you get your DRG / PUP / DRK / SAM Emperion weapon / armor faster, of if it allows you to skip the WHM and just grab a RDM instead for whatever even your trying to put together.

There is a component of the job's design that is neglected / underused, both the RDM player base and SE desire enhance this underused aspect. We don't care if everyone else just wants us to haste them faster.
    (4)

5. 08-30-2011 07:41 AM
    Reason
    Post removed due to violation of the Forum Guidelines

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miitan View Post
    The thing is, the people in the melee camp aren't 'dumb' as people, but the idea of a melee rdm is dumb as the game currently stands and giving a spell that gives a whopping 5% DA is not helping matters.

Unless they made Temper a 30% activation rate and made it stack with en-spells, rdm melee will still be lol. And no, that wouldn't be 'overpowered', it'd be the minimum as there's such a gap to bridge between a normal melee and a rdm, you'd need something drastic.
    On the whole, we don't expect the spell alone to be the solution to all of the job's martial woes, but as a step in the right direction, it still needs a bit of improvement.

The cumulative equivalent of, "GO PLAY BLU CUZ MELEE RDM SUX!" is not at all constructive, and especially short-sighted when rooted in the belief that a game of numbers can't be tweaked through spells, JAs, and equipment to yield a desired result.
    (9)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miitan View Post

Then do you want it fixed or not? Decide already because right now there is a very real group of people who do not want it fixed and instead would jump with joy if RDM's Sword / Dagger skill were set to 0. They don't play RDM, have no intention to ever actually use the job and want a return to the days when they can skip out on WHM's and just throw in a RDM instead for their main healer. This talk of melee makes them worried, they were hoping post abyssea that they would get back one of their main healers instead of being forced to use WHM's. It also makes the BLU's worried because as it stands their the games #2 best healers right now, and very soon I can see them start to be forced into a healing role. I can very well see a LS leader telling one of their players "go change to BLU/WHM we need you to heal the DD's, and don't swing that damn sword we need you healing not lol-melee-blu". As the LS leader isn't a BLU nor does he care about the other players it means nothing to him to do this.

Put another way, there is a chronic lack of healers in this game. Now I'm not talking healing jobs, but players who want to actually heal. Everyone wants to melee, nuke, use JA's / abilities and be engaged in the fight, nobody wants to Cure V, Haste, Cure IV, haste, Erase, Cure V, for the entire fight. So now you have leaders and organizes looking to force whomever they can into being the main healer of a party. This isn't speculation its just a condition all MMO's get into eventually.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Why? Melee RDM's scream they don't want to heal, scream they don't want to manage buff cycles, and just want to autoattack mobs and randomly spam enfeebles(i doubt they even do this). They should go to the link I posted. They're obviously playing the WRONG job.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Which is why you think she's not at troll, she's agreeing with you.

Just read over every one of her posts, their abrasive, rude, antagonistic and in every way the definition of a flamebait troll. She comes on here with the single intention of stiring up sh!t and thus I've put her on the ignore list. If all the people would stop replying to her troll posts then she's fade away.

Now we could get into this protracted debate about pro / con and what not, but you have zero intention of listening or taking anyone else seriously, thus I'll just cut to the end. You desire RDM to never melee and thus would rename the job to "SCH", "WHM-2" or "BLM-2" which is what it basically becomes once your remove the melee aspect. I don't care if it helps you get your DRG / PUP / DRK / SAM Emperion weapon / armor faster, of if it allows you to skip the WHM and just grab a RDM instead for whatever even your trying to put together.

There is a component of the job's design that is neglected / underused, both the RDM player base and SE desire enhance this underused aspect. We don't care if everyone else just wants us to haste them faster.
    And here is why I can't take you seriously, just because someone disagrees with you does not automatically make them a troll. The word troll gets thrown around so much on these forums that I am positive that they don't understand what a real troll is.

It's nice to see that you make a lot of assumptions about me, as far as I can remember I haven't weighed in on the rdm melee debate until today. Honestly I would like for Temper to be a worthwhile spell, and by worthwhile I feel it should be a 10-15% rate and castable on party members, but SE is so afraid of making Rdm any stronger than it already is that they won't give the job any significant buff. Of course you will now call me a troll and put me on the block list as well, so whatever.

edit* Although I will admit that Shiyo's post right below yours if fairly trollish.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Temper being castable on party members with 10-15% rate would be incredible
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    And here is why I can't take you seriously, just because someone disagrees with you does not automatically make them a troll. The word troll gets thrown around so much on these forums that I am positive that they don't understand what a real troll is.

It's nice to see that you make a lot of assumptions about me, as far as I can remember I haven't weighed in on the rdm melee debate until today. Honestly I would like for Temper to be a worthwhile spell, and by worthwhile I feel it should be a 10-15% rate and castable on party members, but SE is so afraid of making Rdm any stronger than it already is that they won't give the job any significant buff. Of course you will now call me a troll and put me on the block list as well, so whatever.

edit* Although I will admit that Shiyo's post right below yours if fairly trollish.
    Don't need to make any assumptions, you stated your intentions rather plainly. You don't see Temper as a buff to RDM melee capabilities and instead see it as a buff to your other jobs.

What you just said combined with
    And quite frankly I think Shiyo is right, Rdm needs something that will actually benefit what they do in party situations i.e. a buff to their enhancing/enfeebling capability, not just something to help them swing their sword more against trash mobs.
    Makes your position on motives quite clear.

You fit into the "couldn't care less if RDM got 0 sword / dagger skill" camp. You don't see RDM's swinging a sword as viable and would prefer it if you never saw a RDM melee again.

I've been doing this for 8+ years now, been in this debate for most of that time. There isn't a single argument you can bring forth that hasn't been brought forth before. I know every counter point your going to make and have debunked them all years ago. Everything from TP feeding to damage taken to needing staves even down to the "RDM isn't a DD" which is the fallback agreement that is always used. Which is itself a catch-22, RDM isn't accepted on the front lines and therefor shouldn't get any buffs to put it on the front lines (the argument against being the cause for the argument for).

That all being said you haven't done anything troll worthy yet. Shi first post into the RDM forums were troll flamebait troll posts.
    (3)

12. 08-30-2011 08:33 AM
    Reason
    Post removed due to violation of the Forum Guidelines

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast