Thread: Hagakure info

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leylia View Post
    I also would have preferred this to be a job trait rather than a job ability. Having to use Sekkanoki, Sengikori, Konzen-ittai, Kasha, Hagakure, Fudo just for an optimal (and if not resisted awesome) double Light SC is a bit much of a hassle and takes up way too much time in itself to not be interupted by others in a party or zerg situation like said before. Additinoally as Nala said, keeping track of so many abilities is possible but also gets troublesome without illegal help.
    With a three-minute cooldown, put Sengikori, Hagakure, and K-I into one macro. Assuming Sengi and Haga stack, there doesn't seem to be any reason or benefit for not considering these all one ability.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Evildgnker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 96
    For relic users tp bonus is rather lackluster. Instead of a tp bonus perhaps a direct percentage increase in ws dmg much like overwhelm would be more balanced.
    (1)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    It does suck for Amano, hopefully they boost relics again so Masa doesn't shred it like it does currently. Sort of like the 1 minute Ochain you can get on PLD now :/
    (0)

I still would have just preferred a Save TP trait, even as a level 99 merit just to save on the macro-juggling. It's already getting a little crazy for us non-windower users with the gear swaps & bazillion job abilities that all need to be triggered before WS.

I wasn't expecting a drop in the recast though, that seems kinda overkill. But, as long as they're going to do that, why not drop Sekkanoki's recast to 3 minutes as well? This JA honestly seems to complement Sekka more than any other. If you have 200 TP, you can sekka (with Unkai +2 gloves) and get off two 200% TP ws. Or use Konzen-Ittai at the start to set up a 3-part chain (this is probably most ideal for Amano owners since you can double-Light more easily than Masamune owners thanks to Kaiten having Fragmentation property)

Or if you don't quite have 200 TP, couldn't you use this to help enable a 2nd ws after Sekka? I'm curious how (if at all) the save TP stacks with Sekka.
    (0)

Character
    Eckeward
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I think it's a shame that Save TP and TP Bonus are combined into one ability, as Save TP (along with Meditate) could be used to open a self-SC and TP Bonus is best used for closing a SC.

Perhaps if the Save TP was instead added into Konzen-Ittai then you'd only need ~60TP for another WS and the 3min recast time compliments Meditate.
    Then, every 3 minutes we can: Meditate > Konzen-Ittai > Kasha (+ Light) > hopefully Fudo (+ Light)
    And every 5mins: Sekkanoki+Sengikori > Fudo > Hak > Fudo > Light
    (0)

Character
    Yawaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Speaking as a SAM with Masamune and having done endgame for years, SAM still leaves a bit to be desired in the DD department. Yeah maybe I'm just jealous of the e-peen numbers the Ukon WARs get with Ukko's Fury, but Fudo just isn't that great. Inside Abyssea it's ok, but outside on any high DEF HNM it's just sad. My LS kills AV a couple times a week, and honestly I prefer to use my Widowmaker WAR over my Masamune SAM because Fudo doesn't work well against high DEF mobs. Usually I drop a 300 TP Fudo at the start for Aftermath then spam Gekko because it fairs a little better. Also on AV and Voidwatch you can't always WS from the front, like Voidwrought and its AoE attacks with stun and Amnesia or AV and its high parry rate, so I lose out on Overwelm. That's not to say this JA isn't a welcome edition, but I hope they tweak Fudo to be a more useful WS, cause all the jobs with crit WS have a distinct advantage. How about they give SAM that ability they're giving WAR for a guaranteed crit if it applies to WS, then you could close a SC with a crit WS for some real damage.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawaru View Post
    Speaking as a SAM with Masamune and having done endgame for years, SAM still leaves a bit to be desired in the DD department. Yeah maybe I'm just jealous of the e-peen numbers the Ukon WARs get with Ukko's Fury, but Fudo just isn't that great. Inside Abyssea it's ok, but outside on any high DEF HNM it's just sad. My LS kills AV a couple times a week, and honestly I prefer to use my Widowmaker WAR over my Masamune SAM because Fudo doesn't work well against high DEF mobs. Usually I drop a 300 TP Fudo at the start for Aftermath then spam Gekko because it fairs a little better. Also on AV and Voidwatch you can't always WS from the front, like Voidwrought and its AoE attacks with stun and Amnesia or AV and its high parry rate, so I lose out on Overwelm. That's not to say this JA isn't a welcome edition, but I hope they tweak Fudo to be a more useful WS, cause all the jobs with crit WS have a distinct advantage. How about they give SAM that ability they're giving WAR for a guaranteed crit if it applies to WS, then you could close a SC with a crit WS for some real damage.

For stuff like VW just go /THF. A single Masamune SAM/THF is all you need to bring down the tier 4s. (before yesterdays update, I haven't done the new ones) AV you should be /war with songs and red curry. Since the Zanhasso update I have zero qualms with going SAM in any zone. No you won't do 8k WSs but your WS frequency should come close to double that of a WAR.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4