Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I did some testing on Scarlet Delirium and honestly I couldnt tell if i was doing more dmg or not. I went into Abyssea Grauberg to test it out on the crabs there. Just went in with no buffs other than hp and stat buffs and used Queitus. Its dmg stayed about the same. Earlier I went to Abyssea Altepa used a fanatics, poped soul eater while Scarlet Delirium was active and I still didnt notice any increase in dmg beyond what soul eater gives. This was on the sand sweepers. I dont think soul eater affects it but Ill do more testing.

On side note, break is fun to use. Also with Absorb-Attri I stole a crabs metal shell move, but as soon as it died it wore off. Granted it was like 1 hit away after I stole it. It makes me think the buff stolen from a mob only lasts till the mob is dead or the set timer runs out. Ill do more testing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Armangetto; 08-30-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I tested it annnnd it's up there.... with tactical parry

At most it's +10% DMG it was hard to tell either way u have to lose alot of HP to maybe see an effect is totally fail and in no way useful.

Either way this serves no use to DRK what so ever either wasted dev time on a useless DRK Ability hurts.

Again SE if you are gonna add minimal to useless stuff to DRK just forger i'd rather u save FFXI limited space for decent updates

Anyway heres the math

u can have it up 1/3 of the time then if u can instantly max it out it's a 3.3% DMG boost but in reality this is a 1% boost in DRK DMG at most.

Heres the kicker the TP->DMG or the JA for MAB are far better JAs that this because there sitituational this is like totally useless well maybe 1% useful :P

Side note: I tested on low level mobs. will test on something tougher in a sec ^^

Update tested on Tough mob noticed no difference... i doubt that the ja is a 20% boost as prev post proclaimed i'd say 10% is possible but so hard to notice.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 08-30-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    fail complete and utter FAILURE!! Its sad to hear
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    three things to fix drk, give us drain 3, dreadspikes II and fix quietus...that is all
    (2)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Break is nice, Absorb-Attri is VERY nice (favorite drk addition by far, it's so good). But Scarlet Delirium hasn't impressed me yet, mostly due to not knowing exactly how it works. I heard an idea being tossed around involving a charge system like Sublimation where damage deal to you = charge, then when its full you activate it for whenever you need the damage boost. I would approve of this idea if it was implemented.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I just want one thing for drk, and I honestly don't care about anything else. A solid crit based multi hit ws.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLionheart View Post
    Break is nice, Absorb-Attri is VERY nice (favorite drk addition by far, it's so good). But Scarlet Delirium hasn't impressed me yet, mostly due to not knowing exactly how it works. I heard an idea being tossed around involving a charge system like Sublimation where damage deal to you = charge, then when its full you activate it for whenever you need the damage boost. I would approve of this idea if it was implemented.
    Can you please tell me the following.

Whats the cast time, recast time and mp cost on Absorb-Atrri?

Does using it with Bale Flanchard +2 allow the absorption of three buffs?
    (0)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'll put that on my list of things to do today.
    (0)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Even with the bale flanchard +2, it doesn't seem to absorb more than 2 enhancements. Only thing I've noticed is that it always absorbs what you currently don't have already.
    (0)

Character
    Sophocles
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I was soloing some crabs in Abyssea - Grauberg with Scarlet Delirium and I noticed no real difference with it off or on. The duration seems to only be one minute, which seems like a problem. Is it possible that the damage increases wouldn't come until after a certain time has past that would exceed its current duration because the modifier for attack bonus when hit is too low to be noticed? Maybe the SE developers need to do some more math or increase its duration. But I think there needs to be more ways to increase the damage output. Does this apply to weaponskills? We need an increase to our weaponskills.

I like Absorb-ATR though, but maybe I think it should absorb maybe more attributes (up to 5) depending on one's Dark Magic skill rather than making it cap at 2!
    (0)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast