Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    I think you guys might have missed this aspect of Bully, that was posted by Camate a few days ago:

However, to further balance it with a lowered recast, it did receive minor potency adjustments.
    *Edit: Sorry, trying to make this really clear!
    I don't think anyone missed that. Well, I didn't at least.

My problem is this: A 5 minute recast with a 30 second duration....even it its strongest state was unbalanced too far toward the "useless Job ability" end of the spectrum....like almost every other job ability THF has.

30 seconds is too short a window to make an intimidation ability like bully useful. And most things a THF does now do NOT involve large groups.

So the idea that it was necessary to decrease Bully's potency to lower its absurdly long recast from 5 minutes to 3 is more than a bit silly.

I'm sorry, I'm just tired of hearing the word "balance" in sentences about THF job abilities when all it means is "we aren't giving you a functionally useful form of this ability" i.e.: Aurasteal, Steal, Mug, Despoil, Conspirator, etc, etc.

I don't understand why the developement team insists on creating job abilities that SOUND awesome but have to nerf them into something that isn't functionally useful.

Since the level cap increase, you have done a great job of "balancing" all of the functional utility out of the job abilities you have added to THF. THF NEEDS SOMETHING THAT IS USEFUL

My suggestion: Get rid of the variable potency on bully. Give it a mediumish potency across the board (not horrible for solo, but less than its maximum activation rate for a full alliance). Then, increase the duration to one minute with a 3 minute recast.
    (8)
    Last edited by Nebo; 09-03-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Character
    Ashemi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 91
    I'm for what nebo say.

A little question I have is why thf is the only job development team think need to be in party to have full potent effect from a ja and not other job.Why that haven't been done for sam,nin,rng,drk ability(new or old one).
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    I think you guys might have missed this aspect of Bully, that was posted by Camate a few days ago:

However, to further balance it with a lowered recast, it did receive minor potency adjustments.
    *Edit: Sorry, trying to make this really clear!
    Any chance that you could explain what ( if anything ) that Treasure Hunter over TH2 does? What was the point of adding that on to this ability?
    (4)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I can feel my rage gland twitching. If the dev team was willing to lower the recast timer of the ability because it wasn't powerful enough.. why at the same time did they lower the intimidate rate? I mean.. what the f*ck? They just made it underpowered in a different way.

SE - "Here's a bowl of week old corn for you to eat."
    THFs - "We don't wanna eat that. Can we have some fresh corn?"
    SE - "Ok, here. Eat this fresh corn that we put this week old gravy on."
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We are soon going to be 20 levels over the long standing 75 cap. Why can't abilities get more badass as we go? Why does a new ability have to still offer little advantage over existing stuff?
    (7)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    But, guys, guys.

About Bully:
    "...the effects of Treasure Hunter are more likely to increase."

You guys get more TH. That's all you guys should ever want, yes? :P

Looks like TH is why you can't have nice things.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Looks like TH is why you can't have nice things.
    Too bad the one thing holding us back doesn't seem to actually exist.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Player
    TH is a better raison d'tre for sure. They should just swap the description to "increases TH proc rate". Anyway, this said increase is just as good as the paralyze i bet...
    (1)

you know, Bitching aside, I'm actually happy they added Something to it. And in case its unclear, I think what Bayohne is trying to say that before, Intimidate would work like this (numbers = Persons in hate list)

1 = 5%
    2 = 10%
    3 = 15%
    4 = 20%
    5 = 25%
    6 = 30%
    7 = 35%
    8 = 40%
    and so on

But now, Due to reduced recast its

1) 4%
    2) 8%
    3) 12%
    4) 16%
    5) 20%

and so on. It still goes up, But the rate of which it goes up is lower than before. (These are fake numbers fyi just an example to explain how i interpreted it).

-------------
    That being said, I am a little disappointed too, that they continue to feel THFs abilities are too powerful, that any adjustment needs a nerf.

Camate, Bayohne, Can you ask the Development team to stop giving us abilities they consider too powerful that they become limited, useless, or very situational? I mean, Bully was a nice idea, But the recast and duration make it almost useless, its worse than a Circle Effect.

No one uses Circle Effects for anything except the extra damage. So we basically got a universal Circle effect with none of the reasons people actually use it.

There is no reason to use Bully now unless you want to upgrade TH, and I wont ever use it for that until someone tells me the difference between TH2 and TH20 is more than 0.1% drop rate added per level, Because its not worth the 180del added to my attacks, its not worth my DPS loss.

Basically, Thief is an underpowered job, the solution is not giving us a Glorified Paralyze with Lower Proc rate and 10x Less duration on a 20x Longer recast. We don't want an ability "they" consider powerful because of something dumb "It ignores resists bro" when in order to accommodate this apparently "Vast" power, they feel the need to limit its uses incredibly.

Thank you very much guys
    (8)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The question is.. is there some area of job expansion that the devs would be willing to explore that would allow them to make JAs that don't suck for THF? I'm starting to accept the fact that they want us to be sub par at everything to balance out our ability to increase drop rates of items at an undetectable rate over the next best option. They clearly aren't willing to change their minds about it or bully wouldn't be so stupid right out of the gate. I'm ready to throw in the towel honestly.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast